Adding Austria?

Nahtanoj

Alaskan President
Would Austria be able to be added in a later version or has it already been ruled out? I ask this mostly because of everytime i play it seems the Germans can expand down to istanbul pretty easily. This leading to them being a guarenteed large power in the future. Why hasnt it been added?

As Yahtzee would put it:

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Since the only way for Germany to expand is east/south-east, its not good to put another civ there. Germany is already not really a superpower in most of the games because the most western city is Berlin and they somehow fail to grab good land in europe.

Frankfurt? And in most games I've seen Germany attack either the Dutch or the French, and lets be generous towards them, say 30% of the times the Germans manage to take a city or 2 or the whole civ.

Since Rhye ramped up the barbarians, the independent city which would become Frankfurt (600AD start map) due to a flip at the German spawn date is quite often razed now before Germany spawns.

I routinely raze this city when playing France, but more recently don't have to do so because the barbs did the job for me.

Not getting Frankfurt at the spawn flip for Germany actually makes them quite a bit weaker (not surprisingly). I've more often seen the Dutch conquer Germany in recent games than the other way around, which used to be more common.

Would Austria be able to be added in a later version or has it already been ruled out? I ask this mostly because of everytime i play it seems the Germans can expand down to istanbul pretty easily. This leading to them being a guarenteed large power in the future. Why hasnt it been added?

according to most users of this forum, Germany is all but a large power most of the times. But I do share your observations. Anyways, "Germany" in RFC includes Austria.

Dont start that again...

i have to agree. the recent barbarian change usually leaves me without frankfurt...on the plus side, i can found a better frankfurt just one tile north (no mountains in big cross, additional wheat, i usually use wb to give me a christian missionary to make up for your sure ticket into the christian community), but that means i will have to raze amsterdam...

either way and back to topic

europe is already pretty crowded and poland is extremely close...iirc warschau is viable option for germany, so is danzig (both are better capitals than berlin anyway) basically...poland would only be 2 tiles away from the german capital (austria 3)...depending on the conditions of their spawn, they're probably gonna end up as part of the german empire anyway

according to most users of this forum, Germany is all but a large power most of the times.

In 3000 BC, they are a large strong power, who collapses because of overexpansion.
In 600 AD, they often collapse in the very beginning.

Yeah, and add:
Belgium
Canada
Argentina
Brazil
Poland
Philippines
Malaysia
Micronesia
Guam
New Zealand
blahblahblah, my own kingdom, heaven, and the space.

Now, the problem is, who will go do the leaderheads?

ooh, ooh, and don't forget to add Uighurs, Khazakstan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, UAE... so on

The guys at Civ4-Graphic Modpacks subforum.

Yeah, and add:
Belgium
Canada
Argentina
Brazil
Poland
Philippines
Malaysia
Micronesia
Guam
New Zealand
blahblahblah, my own kingdom, heaven, and the space.

ooh, ooh, and don't forget to add Uighurs, Khazakstan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, UAE... so on

So far alls i would see that would be worth putting in is Philippines Canada Australia and maybe Brazil(oh and Austria)

having an 1800 start for the more modern countries

since America usually ends up either taking over all of north America or what usually happens to me playing as vikings; having a sturdy position in newfoundland and making montezuma and washington my vassals. Canada would just even things out in NA

So far alls i would see that would be worth putting in is Philippines Canada Australia and maybe Brazil(oh and Austria)

having an 1800 start for the more modern countries

since America usually ends up either taking over all of north America or what usually happens to me playing as vikings; having a sturdy position in newfoundland and making montezuma and washington my vassals. Canada would just even things out in NA

I wouldn't mind that, actually, if only to make colonies interesting. It would be great to see a "new world order" of nations to pop up European colonial mismanagement. There could be an event at the end of the 19th century (representing nationalism) that would lower stability amongst colonial powers and increase the chances of the colonies breaking away.

I wouldn't mind that, actually, if only to make colonies interesting. It would be great to see a "new world order" of nations to pop up European colonial mismanagement. There could be an event at the end of the 19th century (representing nationalism) that would lower stability amongst colonial powers and increase the chances of the colonies breaking away.

It would have to be mid-20th century and the event would be WWII. ;)

The end of the 19th saw the partition of Africa, and the end of SE Asian independence. Colonialism was at its height then.

There ain't enough AI colonies anyway.

Top Bottom