Adding faith on every hills tile for my civilization

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Durkle, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Durkle

Durkle Chieftain

I want to add faith to every hills tile worked by my empire. However, my dummy building is not applying the effect, despite it showing up in the building list. Here is the code:

Code:
    <Building_TerrainYieldChanges>
            <Row>
                <BuildingType>BUILDING_CHOCTAW_DUMMY</BuildingType>
                <TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
                <YieldType>YIELD_FAITH</YieldType>
                <Yield>1</Yield>
            </Row>
        </Building_TerrainYieldChanges>
    I've tried it with Faith, Culture, and Food, but none of them work. Does this just not work on hills or am I missing something else?

2. Troller0001

Troller0001 Watching from a safe distance

Hills (and mountains) are 'weird' terrains (they both have <GraphicalOnly>true</GraphicalOnly> in their 'terrrain'-definitions).
    They don't work in any of the Something_TerrainYieldChanges-tables and have their own associated tables (E.g. Feature_HillsYieldChanges). Unfortunately, the table Building_HillsYieldChanges does not exist/was not implemented as nobody would ever want to change Hill-yields right?

Counting worked Hill plots using Lua, and then granting X copies of your dummy should give the desired effect, though the yields gained from the dummy won't show up on the world map...

3. Durkle

Durkle Chieftain

Ahhh... well that's annoying isn't it? I think I'll do your Lua idea but change it so something like "every two hills in your territory give you +1 faith". After all, the original idea was a bit too strong I think. Thanks for the explanation!

Troller0001 likes this.
  4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Unfortunately, they only implemented what they needed themselves (sometimes in scenarios), not what would be useful for modders.
    Civ VI is a lot more flexible when it comes to that.

Troller0001 likes this.