Adding new leaders/leaderheads to C2C

Icezera

Chieftain
Hi all, just starting C2C really and I've found some custom leaderheads by saibotlieh that are really well made and I'd like to include them in my game. Can anyone walk me through how to do that? It seems like the C2C leaders have custom files associated with them so I'm holding off on adding anything yet.

That is for whole civs Jo, I think Icezera is talking about putting animated leader graphics in for existing leaders.

This can be done as a module. We wont include animated leaders in the base C2C because it will make the download way too big. However you can post it as a mod for others to down load.

Do the following with one first just to test that it works.

1) make a folder in Assets/Art called AnimatedLeaderHeads

2) put the art for each leader in a folder in this folder.

3) make a folder in Assets/Modules/My Mods called AnimatedLeaderHeads

4) Copy C2C_LH_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml from Assets/XML/Civilizations and rename to ALH_LH_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml

5) In that folder define the art for the leader in ALH_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.XML

6) In another file ALH_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.XML put the following code with replacement

Code:
<Civ4LeaderHeadInfos xmlns="x-schema:ALH_LH_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml">
	<LeaderHeadInfos>
		<LeaderHeadInfo>
			<Type>leader name here</Type>
			<AndDependencyTypes>
                    	       <DependencyType>leader name here</DependencyType>
 			</AndDependencyTypes>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_LEADER_xxxx</ArtDefineTag>
		</LeaderHeadInfo>
	</LeaderHeadInfos>
</Civ4LeaderHeadInfos>

Thanks so much! However, I'm also adding leaders and I'm not sure how to do that since C2C changes a ton of stuff that I'm worried that these mods based off the base game will not work.

Top Bottom