Additional Unit

thedirk

Master of Stealth
If you could add one unit to the standard list of units what would it be and what properties and ADM would it have? This is not for a scenario, but one that would fit into the normal gameplay.

For me it would be a Special Operations unit. This unit would come with a tech like the laser, or perhaps a new tech on the tree called military specialization or something like that. Later in the game in any case.

It would have amphibious attack and paradrop abilities as well as treat all squares as road. It would attack with 8 defend with 5 and move with 1. Basically it takes the best of marines, paratroopers and alpine troops and puts it into one unit. The build cost would need to be about half-way between marines and armour.

What would your "most needed addtional unit" be?

Not sure what it would be but yuo can make one in fact you can make 3 real easy in the rules file at teh end of the units, you give tehm whatever charictoristics you want

Maybe add 'ignores ZOC' too, like spies and partisans.:) It would have to be pretty expensive though, because of its abilities.

I’d like a “worker” unit -- like a settler, available early on, doesn’t eat food. Comes with the tech of Alpha or Code, cost is maybe 20shields (maybe one or none to support), no offense, 1 def, 1HP, move 1, can’t found new cities.

I think most players would add some kind of early boat that doesn't cause unhappiness when away from a city.

There is a Zeppelin in the HiRes mod.It takes the explorer slot and can stay aloft for a certain amount of turns.Mainly a recon or sentry vehicle.

Any of those boats would do,although it may be abit strange to see Germans in Chinese junks ;)

Something after triremes.Right around caravels.Strictly a merchant ship.Maybe carry 2 or 3 and have no attack numbers.I've seen this in MP mods for those early Republic players.

Personally.I like it the way it is with Magnetism being an important tech for Demos or Repubs.

I think its better if we break it down to periods.
Ancient-I would add some kind of archer with 2 moves.Archers were a very important historical unit.Civ2 kinda misses the importance of archers.

Medievel/Renai-similiar to my ancient unit.Maybe a crossbow or something with an extra attack point.Maybe inline with knights or crusaders...probably 1 move though.

Industrial-not sure.This a broad period in which many things would be historically accurate.Maybe some Bi-Planes or ballons.Something to reflect early air.Perhaps something more sinister like mustard gas

Modern-something that had a good possibilty of defending against Howies.Or perhaps an anti aircraft ground unit.Maybe even a tweek of existing units that never seem to be built like marines

Oh and somewhere I would have a helicopter that could carry units.This airborne ability is huge in modern warfare and is completly neglected in existing civ2 units.

My first reaction was ability for air units to transport other units.

Also fighters with extended range like many scenarios use. For fighters to be unable to dogfight and fly air support for bombers just seems wrong.

Top Bottom