ADDON: Rise of Mankind: A Better Tomorrow

Here are a few ideas i thought of. will leave it to you modding pro's to see if you wanna use em or if they need tweaking and how to best incorporate them into RoM.

Nano units (nano suits for infantry or some vehicles with nano arnor) could get special nano upgrades such as nano speed, strength and a nano defense which would be active when in the range of Nano Infuser Station. this station would be a tile improvement much like a fort but has a muti tile range for its effect to work on nano units that have nano upgrades. the nano upgrades would be considerably better than a standard upgrade but only come into effect when in range of the Nano infuser tile improvement.

You could have a nano tech barracks for a city building to give exp to new nano units built to get them a nano upgrade to begin with.

To balance this you could have a nano diffuser unit that gains attack bonuses to nano units but is weaker than your standard future era units.

Capital Cruiser carrier-basically an orbital aircraft carrier than can carry aircraft across land and ocean cos it will fly.

Drop Pod Trooper(future version of paratrooper) get in quick and take out those Nano infuser stations!

EMP soldier- bonuses when against robots mechs etc.

underwater cities- very expensive cities to maintain, slower production time but increase in research output.

under water colonists- to build em.

fusion sub, fusion sub fighters(single man attack craft) fusion sub bombers and fusion sub carrier(underwater aircraft carrier that carries sub fighters and bombers) will all be underwater units to attack and protect underwater cities and. sub transport can be used to transport ground units to under water cities to take em over but would get a -attack penalty for having to attack straight from the transport unless it gets an upgrade so it doent get the penalty.

some new resource ideas- safe drinking water
Core mantle Ore
Guyser
natural gas
Plutonium Products
Diamond
Volcanic crystal
some resoiurces could also be found in ocean such as diamond, volcanic crystal, Core mantle ore, and other metals and minerals from civ and would need off shore plat forms to access them like oil, using underwater cities to bring them within your cultural borders.

Nanite Viral Bomb-completely wipes out anything on tile(cities, units, improvements) with no fall out effect. Extreme diplomatic consequences, very long construction time, needs Nanite Launch Facitlty built in city for that city to create the bomb. the facilty will also take a long time to construct and just possesing the building would bring diplomatic consequences. both would be very expensive to have.

couple of civ ideas- AI Function: Let your civ be governed by super computer.
+productivity and econmy, less research
and less culture. less revolt chance.
Cybernetic Implant: increased workers +productivity
less unhappiness less research
Machinist Cult: Belief in technology and science
No state religion, unhappiness for any
non state religion present. +research
less culture
can build cyber preist unit(future version
of inquisator unit) +happiness from
certain future era buildings.

Mag Lev Rail(super fast railway to replace railway in future) and underwater tunneling(underwater roads to connect your underwater cities

well there you go. hope i have something you could use.

couple more ideas.

Personal Shielding-defense against projectile weapons (lasers, bullets plasma, anything shot from a gun). Compensate by creating future era melee units that are unnaffected by personal shielding like vibro blades or laser axes,swords,maces or similar. good excuse to bring in cool melee units again during the future era, only make em to go against units that have prsonal shielding so there is a mix of melee and gun type units.

Psycher Units could be a future era version of the priest unit you have mentioned earlier.

tech-elemental transmutation- build structures that can change a type of metal into another eg. gold to iron, copper to alluminum etc.

As a note, I think integrating the currency based experience upgrades like in Broken Star would be awesome. Maybe you could adjust them for inflation to make it more realistic.

One small think I found a little odd reading threw this thread
when you would have anti-matter as a resource it would need to be like ammunition produced by a supercollider of some sort
as a natural resource it can't possible exist because it would react with ordinary matter

Sorry i haven't been able to do much (if at all:sad:) modding lately, but i have found some time to look through here.

@crossclayton
Ya, cities could use a new barracks, I already had in mind something like the Capital Cruiser Carrier, called an Orbital Carrier (within the Orbital Cruiser line)

@MrCrawford
I have no idea what you just referred to, but i'll take a look tomorrow ;)

@genine
all the new resources are going to be artificial resources, meaning they're only going to be made by projects, buildings, etc, and not found on the map, which i would agree that it would be odd for those things to be natural resources.

Hydrogen: this one is too abundant - even I can make it from water with just household materials and bit of electricity. Water is everywhere so you can't place Hydrogen as resource on map. It's true that it will be used as fuel but the amount used in fusion power plant is insignificant. In my opinion better resource choice would be Natural Gas / Methane. Deep sea areas contain massive Methane fields but currently we still lack the ability to efficiently drill these fields.

Problem, hydrogen is not actually the resource used for fusion. Duterium, an isotope of hydrogen is that actual resource and this is significantly more rare with about .015% of hydrogen on earth existing in this state. Hence it is not going to be redilly avalible and it would not exist as a resource. My suggestion would be make a plant synthesising it a nation wonder to be placed on the coast and this would allow fusion power plants.

Problem, hydrogen is not actually the resource used for fusion. Duterium, an isotope of hydrogen is that actual resource and this is significantly more rare with about .015% of hydrogen on earth existing in this state. Hence it is not going to be redilly avalible and it would not exist as a resource. My suggestion would be make a plant synthesising it a nation wonder to be placed on the coast and this would allow fusion power plants.
I knew that :p But I didn't want to go too much into chemistry details as some might not know what Deuterium is ;) Regular Hydrogen has to be extracted as well for the fuel purposes for hydrogen cars and I'm pretty sure those same facilities can extra Deuterium isotope during the process.

An idea for a government civic:
Overmind
Would be very similar to the overmind in the ancient times of the Dune series. for those of you that don't know what this is... it's quite simple: The horror story of every sci-fi concerned with artificial intelligence. The robots have taken over society.
Would increase production by 100%, up research by 50% but drop culture by 75% and increase revolution chances by 100%.

Complete with your national titan units.

Okay what about a U-bomb. It is a uniqe unit for a civ I plan on doing , but I'm being Mr. Humble and suggesting it for this mod

btw a U-bomb is an IBCM that does DOUBLE THE DAMAGE

Ya... having the nuclear war mod already integrated, theres Hydrogen bombs, atomic bombs, etc., but don't get your hopes up for this mod too much. It's just a side project when I have nothing else to do.:sad:

Version Alpha 0.0.02 is coming soon! Keep in mind I am only releasing this version due to problems relating to RoM already, and I'm trying to keep the mod as bug free as possible; It will only have the different Technologies hence "Alpha", They might not have names, but I'm just testing if I did everything correctly since Vista does weird things sometimes and I don't fully trust it.

couple more ideas.

Personal Shielding-defense against projectile weapons (lasers, bullets plasma, anything shot from a gun). Compensate by creating future era melee units that are unnaffected by personal shielding like vibro blades or laser axes,swords,maces or similar. good excuse to bring in cool melee units again during the future era, only make em to go against units that have prsonal shielding so there is a mix of melee and gun type units.

You'll have to pay royalties to the Herberts...

I'd personally prefer terraforming to be more like a road, rather than changing the whole terrain,

I have one thing, a resource. Tritium (Hydrogen-3). (I can see that Deuterium has been mentioned).

Tritium is a very energy rich substance. I has a lot of potential uses because it gives out a lot of Hydrogen - used in hydrogen bombs, its self glowing and are used as trace material because its radioactive. But is very expensive (today) - like 100.000USD per gram(!) and the world wide demand is around 400g at the moment.
On Earth it has to be made artificially, but it occurs in abundance on our moon for instance. So you could mine it there and then bring it back.

So I don't think it should be a resource you can mine on Earth, but a resource that appears when you build a series of building. I haven't looked what buildings made it into the mod so far, so I'll save that for later, or let other people decide.

On Earth it has to be made artificially, but it occurs in abundance on our moon for instance. So you could mine it there and then bring it back.

Are you certain you are not confusing Tritium with Helium-3?

(Hey, another resource!) ;)

Are you certain you are not confusing Tritium with Helium-3?

(Hey, another resource!) ;)

Actually, both isotopes occur naturally on Earth. Tritium is formed by cosmic rays interacting with atmospheric gases. It's rarity means that it is typically manufactured through nuclear reactions. Helium-3 is a byproduct of tritium decay and is also naturally occurring. Like tritium it is usually manufactured rather than mined. It is thought that Helium-3 is more abundant on the moon and could be mined there.

Top Bottom