Adjusting defensive pacts

civ5technologies.xml. move this line <DefensivePactTradingAllowed>true</DefensivePactTradingAllowed> to atomic theory
Ahh I tried to set that one to false (and cleared cache) but it didnt work.

You have to change the file in expansion 2, not the vanilla game file. (I assume you have base game, g&k, and bnw). Also you don’t need to clear cache.

I'm going to just say my roommate and I are very glad to here that recursive! We've had multiple games where the bots were all gridlocked in defensive pacts with each other, then they all DOW on us both cause we aren't in the pact with them, forcing us to have to team up in those matches just to survive

You have to change the file in expansion 2, not the vanilla game file. (I assume you have base game, g&k, and bnw). Also you don’t need to clear cache.

Great it even worked in current game (active defensive pacts stayed but that was it).

Btw are defensive pacts supposed to break peace treatys?
Atm they do.

Problems involving excessive friendliness and inappropriate DP selection arose from the way in which approach and friendship/enemy willingness functions were interdependent on each other.

Essentially, it was an apples-to-oranges comparison where the gradual curve made AI approaches change slowly, but friendship/enemy willingness could change rapidly from turn to turn.

Trying to fix these problems just ended up making things more difficult. But I've come up with a new idea on how to interlink these sensibly which should result in much saner code that is also easier to adjust in response to feedback and allows for more AI adaptation to circumstances.

I'm working on it, in between trying not to freak out about the fate of the actual world. :)

You're a champion! Best wishes :).
Btw are defensive pacts supposed to break peace treatys?
Atm they do.

I think this is intended? I kind of like that I can work around peace treaties by declaring war on someone who has a DP with my target.

This is great news, the DP spam is one of two gripes I have with this version (the other being the insane tech speed, even on Epic).

> sane code
I feel you.

If I would declare war to the AI competitor fo winning, I'll ignite a world war. (Playing with 10-7-2 ver, 12 AI players, map size large, pace standard, prince level)

20201112180617_1.jpg

Top Bottom