Ads You Don't Want to See

BvBPL

Pour Decision Maker
I’m seeing ads, a lot of ads, for KY personal lubricant. While the ads themselves are chaste, I don’t think CFC is an appropriate platform for this product.

I’m seeing ads, a lot of ads, for KY personal lubricant. While the ads themselves are chaste, I don’t think CFC is an appropriate platform for this product.

The ads are based on your browsing habits so this says more about you than it does about CFC.

I mostly see ads on this site for "free" online games that may or may not be real, but otherwise mostly Canadian tax and cable services. As a fairly dull (at least in RL) resident of Canada, I think Vincour might well be right.

These days it seems advertising companies are able to target consumers based on lots of combined data from big data.

I just came back from a pizza restaurant for lunch, and just now I saw this pizza ad. Before that I haven't done any web searches for pizza recently.

I don't think this is co-incidence. It would seem credit card company share transaction data with advertising companies, allowing them to target individual consumer very precisely.

\
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 2.57.31 PM.png

Now it gets REALLY bizarrely uncanny. A friend of mine on the Civ2 Scenario League subforum (the subforum I make most of my posts in on this site) has been posting custom unit graphics for Civ2 ToT for Greek Mythological monsters and deities for the last couple of weeks, and he, himself, lives in and is posting from Greece. And, voila, I log in today to an ad for "Greek health food yogurt." I never eat or buy yogurt, so the only connection I can of there... :confused:

That's why I not only don't use Facebook but also run a Facebook blocker extension on my browser.

That's why I not only don't use Facebook but also run a Facebook blocker extension on my browser.

Facebook is one of the greatest engines for a NWO, and Mark Zuckerberg is setting himself up as a literal Big Brother figure.

"Ads you don't want to see"

Right here fam.

IMG_4926.jpg

Cropped up on my Latest Alerts page. Multiple redirects ended in the App Store opening on the Uber page, after pressing CANCEL. Returning to Safari saw even more redirects that ended on Apple's home page. Wait, there's more! I came onto the site feedback forum to say hey, there's one of those awful and unethical ad companies that makes the internet a terrible place that we should be permanently blacklisting, not doing business with. And guess what happened again when I clicked on this relevant thread:

IMG_4927.jpg

This doesn't make me want to pay a subscription that clears away ads, it makes me want to find a different forum. And I can't help but notice a significant reduction in activity on my Latest Alerts since the forum changed over… initially attributed it to a brief fade in regular users habits due to the downtime, but if people are getting AdRoll'd as aggressively as this then it's not going to bode well.

It's important to keep in mind that we don't hand pick the individual ads that show up there.

Our ads are from two sources: Google Adsense and Sovrn. Both are reputable companies.

But from time to time bad ads slip through due to third party advertiser abuse.

Apple has been having issues with spam pop-ups like that for a while now. It's likely not a problem with CFC itself and instead a problem with your phone/tablet's security. Recommendations are rarely great, but resetting Safari's cache and installing some mobile blockers would be a good start in seeing if the problem goes away.

Lol i just found out that this site actualy has ads
My company Laptop never showed me them since they got blocked :crazyeye:

Top Bottom