1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Nukes Mod

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by Civ Fuehrer, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

ANM will expand upon the nuclear arsenal of this game with MRBMs, IRBMs, Hydrogen bombs, and more including a super nuke i named the Peace Maker. This part was in the older NAM (nuclear arsenal mod) that i converted to RoM 2.0 from Pegasos' modmod which also contains Missile Defense Projects. What's new however, is that i integrated The J's Planetbuster mod and plan on using that for an all-new fusion nuke line. These new bombs are neat and clean, no fussing about with all that radiation fallout.:crazyeye: Instead, it just annihilates the target into nothing, with nothing but water left.:lol: The newest bombs that have been released are just the opposite. Powerful chemical bombs that make a bigger mess than a regular nuke, producing anywhere from twice to five times the mess. These special chemical bombs not only spread plagues to your enemies, but it makes ocean almost impossible to benefit from with toxic sludge. So, after bombing, imploding, and plaguing, what's left? Control. Contol that only the most advanced can achieve. Control that is beyond a belief, an oath or a gun. A tactic so powerful that it's victims are helpless to resist in the name of your cause. Turn the enemy's people against him however the same may be used against you.

This mod is in the mod A New Dawn and Caveman 2 Cosmos and is not to be downloaded by itself.

Downloads: A New Dawn

Spoiler :

I have tested this mod a few times now, what i have noticed is that the fusion nukes are fine destroying hills, forests, jungles, mountains, snow, cities, units, and most resources, but since Oil is on both land and water, it gives out a CTD if the perfect conditions are met which only happens about 1/50 times. Since I am not the original maker of the Planetbuster mod, it will take some time to see how to fix it. Also, i noticed that in certain situations that the fusion bombs may cause seem tears, the terrain doesn't match up so you see a hole this also happens rarely like 1/20 times. The only way to fix it is either try again or bomb all adjacent squares to level the field. The first five pics are the before, during and after effects of the Tactical Fusi and BBM, the last two pics is the YAM.

Version 2.3 - TBA
    Changing: New explosion graphics for fusion, bio, YAM nukes
    Fixing: specialized missiles will no longer be considered nukes by AI!
    Fixing: no more time delay to read python after special nuke usage since nuke feature will be softcoded.
    Changed: Projects are no longer modular to fix encyclopedia bug found in AND
    Now using an installer.
    Version 2.1
    Fixed: Nuke UU's apply appropriately to the correct civs
    Fixed: New button for Laser Auto-Defenses / AA Missile Defenses
    Added: Anti-Missile Railgun
    Added: 2.8 beta compatibility
    Changed: Missile Auto-Defenses renamed to Laser Auto-Defenses
    Changed: Turned off Biogas and Plague Gas chance to despawn to counter immobility
    Added: Unit Combat Type: Control
    Changed: Some nuke maintenance costs to respectively reflect it's power
    Fixed: Clones and Androids may Sanitize
    Fixed: Better buttons/skins for:
    • SS-20
    • SS-18
    • CSS-3
    • Minuteman III
    • IRBM
    • MRBM
    • Pershing
    • Hydrogen
    • PB
    • BBM
    • Sanitize
    Fixed: ICBM reqs Nuclear Silo
    Changed: All ANM nukes with the exceptions of BBM and PB now have Doom unit combat type
    Version 1.6
    Nuclear Bombs:
    Changed: MRBM now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: IRBM now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: Pershing now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: CSS-3 now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: SS-20 now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: SS-18 now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: Hydrogen Bomb now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: Minuteman III now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: Peace Maker now has a maintenance cost

Fusion Bombs:
    Changed: Tactical Fusi now has a maintenance cost
    Changed: Fusion Nova now has a maintenance cost, Now requires a later tech
    Added: Sevopedia entry for Tactical Fusi
    Added: Sevopedia entry for Fusion Nova

Bio Bombs:
    Added: BBM (Bio Ballistic Missile)
    Added: Plague Bringer

Worker / Workboat Actions:
    Added: Sanitize: Clears the plot of any infections or plagues
    Added: Sanitize Water: Clears the water plot of toxic sludge and infections / plagues

Version 1.0
    Nuclear Bombs:
    • MRBM
    • IRBM
    • Pershing
    • CSS-3
    • SS-20
    • SS-18
    • Hydrogen Bomb
    • Minuteman III
    • Peace Maker

Fusion Bombs:
    • Tactical Fusi (short for Fusion)
    • Fusion Nova a.k.a. The Island Sinker

Buildings:
    • Nuclear Lab
    • Nuclear Silo
    • AA Missile Defenses - 10% Nuke interception
    • Missile Auto-Defense - 15% Nuke interception
    • Changing: Manhattan Project(wonder) new building visual
    • Changing: SDI - 50% interception chance down to 25%

Attached Files:

2. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yesterday I tried adding Fusion Bomb (found graphics from my hd) but for some reason I didn't get that unit to work - the nuke button just didn't work on it :D I was also going to add Planetbuster nuke to new future techs but it might be slightly modified as I don't think it's realistic to change the terrain to water with nuke unless that area is connected to ocean or is flood plains - basically I was thinking bit more complex python code for it ;)

3. chairface

chairface Chieftain

If the crater's big enough to have knocked underlying terrain below the water table, it's realistic enough.

4. Civ Fuehrer

It's a fusion bomb, meaning it turned everything - including cities, land, etc. - into a lump of mush. Unfortunately there aren't any implosion graphics, just mushroom clouds, the terrain instability from the large crater would make the underlying ground just collapse resulting in water from beneath filling it up, also sinking the lump of mush.

Well, with my next release, i was going to fix a few things that i forgot to do(i.e. make the Fusion Nova req more techs than the tactical fusi) along with adding a viral nuke that turns ocean into slime and makes a viral cloud much like a nuke's fallout. However, i have the code to make ocean into slime, but not make a viral cloud.

5. zup

zup Emperor

Sweet. Can't wait to unleash the Armageddon.

6. Civ Fuehrer

Now updated for RoM 2.63

7. wowa30

wowa30 Chieftain

Is available Advanced Nukes Mod for RoM WoC Lite 2.63?

8. Civ Fuehrer

just regular 2.63, sorry.

9. Civ Fuehrer

Currently, I have everything made, but for some reason the CvEventManager.py doesn't like it when i try to spawn features on land and ocean. It's fine when i have the bio nukes spawn a slimy ocean and viral cloud on impact on water, but it refuses to spawn the viral cloud feature on land simultaneously. The closest that i have gotten is getting 1 square spawned in the lower left corner of the blast radius when on land, and when i make it land on a coast or beach, only the left column will spawn slimy ocean. However, if i make it land on a beach or coast, and if there's a resource there too, then nothing will spawn unless there's land in the lower left corner of the blast radius which only the 1 viral cloud will spawn. So I'm in need of some help, here's the code.
    Code:
    if (pNukeUnit is not None and pNukeUnit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_POISON_NUKE')):

iX = pPlot.getX()
                            iY = pPlot.getY()

for iXLoop in range(iX - 1, iX + 2, 1):
    				for iYLoop in range(iY - 1, iY + 2, 1):
    						pPlot = CyMap().plot(iXLoop, iYLoop)
    						pPlot.setFeatureType(gc.getInfoTypeForString( "FEATURE_BIOGAS" ), 1)
    						if (( pPlot.isWater()==true  ) or (pPlot.isCoastalWater()==true)):
     							pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString( "TERRAIN_SLIMY_COAST" ), 1, 1)

Attached Files:

10. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Hi Fuehrer
    2.7 version coming soon?

11. Civ Fuehrer

I suddenly had a craving for civ modding. I am currently asking for help on the main forum since the virus isn't executing like it should which is the reason why this mod hasn't been released a while ago. It's been updated to 2.7 and once I get this working I will attempt to add MAD nukes mod to it.

12. Civ Fuehrer

Now working, first post updated :D
    EDIT: It might take some time trying to implement MAD nukes mod since the last uploaded version was for BTS 3.15
    EDIT: Since MAD Nukes changes the DLL and a lot of python files I'm not too sure I can even update it for BTS 3.19 so that idea will be scrapped unless someone could upgrade those files.

13. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Unfortunately, it seems that this modmod doesn't compatible with Aaranda's religion modmod, can you have a talk with him please?Because both of this mod are impressive, and i can't just let one of it out from my game:(

14. Civ Fuehrer

i can make a compatibility patch. Now accepting compatibility patch requests too. :)

15. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Thank's
    Your patch work
    And because i use all of available modmod here, and i saw no more error, it look like your modmod is compatible with the rest of modmod here now :goodjob:

16. os79

os79 Deity

Hello,

Your modmod looks cool.
    Do you have any plans to modularize your modmod so only thing I need to merge are python files? Because what you have now replace a bit too much of original files.
    Thanks!

17. Civ Fuehrer

i could definitely look into it:cool:

18. Civ Fuehrer

V1.8 released, also V 2.0 teaser first post... Don't worry, it won't win the game with one click of the button:lol::crazyeye::mischief:

19. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

Hello Civ Feuhrer!

I just installed your mod but I've noticed that after I've done so city icons representing defense have turned to (of all things) BREAD!

Like so....

Anyone else getting this or did I install the mod wrong?

20. Civ Fuehrer

This mod doesn't touch the game fonts at all, so it must be another mod or a glitch somewhere else. However, I do have the same problem in my games and it still occurs without this mod and i also reported this type of problem in the main RoM bug thread a while ago. Also, if you have AAranda's mods they touch the game fonts too.