Adventurer

It's liking getting a hero promotion on a generic unit that you can turn into any unit type you choose (recon, archer, melee, mounted, arcane, etc). Gains 1 xp a turn for 100 turns.

You get it either by finding an Adventurer in a dungeon which happens occasionally or by playing as the Grigori who generate Adventurer GP points with their palace and a few other buildings.

Actually, you are wrong Agent TBC.
The question is not about adventurer unit, but adventurer promotion. But I agree, it does create confusion.

The promotion can be gained in some lair explorations (bigbad and biggood resluts, so every time in epic lairs (=explorable unique features))
It improves results of all further lair explorations, gives access to some hero-only promotions (heroic attack and defense), and in 0.24 will give 50% upgrade discout

True. So it is a small hero, with slightly limited abilities and no free xp.
Also, as hero, it blocks joining the unit by warlord (but attached warlord does not block gaining the promotion)

As I said, both are named the same, and it does create confusion ;) You do not suck
Should rename it, but no idea for a better name for unit or promotion.

Here's a suggestion for names:

Adventurer: the unit
Explorer: the promotion

With the Grigori you always end up with an Adventurer Adventurer it's a bit odd.

Or Treasure Hunter? :D

BTW, I think we could use more of the unit naming feature. I could see a autonaming of an adventurer (sorry, explorer!) unit :)

Nah, I name my own adventurer(explorer;))

Yeah, there is a certain satisfaction seeing your Adventurer Immortal named Im0rt@l. Isn't there. ;)

Well, huh, no :p
What is fun with the namer is that you can create civ-related name so for a Balseraph explorer, you could have Roland the Explorer :p

What about Bill,the demonic gate keeper?

That's another one

Hi, I just started playing FFH this past week, and got started with Oribis today. So, I've been playing as Perpantach, which has been a ton of fun. A lucky event wound up netting me a Great General (I believe it was a dungeon pop) I loaded my GG into a Warrior unit, and sent my Harlequin out. The GG unit got some decent upgrades, and then I popped a dungeon with this unit. I gained the Adventurer upgrade, but lost the Led by Warlord upgrade. I kinda felt like I got cheated on that interaction, especially since my unit kept the graphics of having an attached Warlord (mocking reminder).

I've also noticed that you can only attach a Warlord to a Level 2 unit, not to units that are Level 2 or higher. Is this a bug, or intended? It seems kinda odd to me.

Well, huh, no :p
What is fun with the namer is that you can create civ-related name so for a Balseraph explorer, you could have Roland the Explorer :p

What about Bill,the demonic gate keeper?

Jesus the Crusader :D

back on topic, I say explorer is good for the promo

I think we could use more of the unit naming feature. I could see a autonaming of an adventurer (sorry, explorer!) unit :)

there already is function for random names - it's used when you pop some monster from lair/dung ... once I made a spell which gives random name to unit, unfortunately i forgot to back it up and it was overwritten by patch ... ):

Top Bottom