Advertising the Demogame

Strider

In Retrospect
We need to try some "advertising" campaigns for the demogame. The update on the main page does some, but not enough. This thread by Rik Meleet is a good way to introduce new people into the game, with one problem. Who reads something buried in abunch of stickies? Have you read it? I sure as hell haven't. That's why I suggest the following:

• Make the link on the mainpage to sign up for the game RikMeleets thread instead. This also makes sure that most players know what the demogame is about.
  • Include a short (one paragraph) "attention getter" inside of the update on the mainpage. This is to get people interested in the game, and actually click on the link. The attention getter should be a summary of the the demogame is about, and should be as "action-packed" as possible. :lol:

I would also suggest including several names of people that are willing to take PM's from newer people and help them with the game. Put these names with a short message explaining that you can PM them with questions, in both the Citizen Registry and RikMeleets thread. There is currently a Citizens Group that does this, but what new person is going to see that thread? It is a splendid idea, but unluckily not likely to be seen, and as such not likely to work.

Anymore suggestions as to what we can do to get more people into this game, and make it easier to get into the game? We can no longer just sit idle and expect the average person to get curious about some lone forum. If we want more partcipation, we need to start working for it.

Yep, I agree to your two points - Rik's thread is great. :goodjob:
  • Make annoucements in the Civ3 forums at election times (?)
  • Use the front page more - Japanatica News Network updates every 1 or 2 turnchats!! (What I'm trying to do. ;) )
  • Use some pictures on the main page - even if it's a civilopedia image of the Samurai we use, that grabs people's attention

I'll try to think of more...

I think that is almost all we can do, is just make a front-page column every once and awhile and make the game easier to get into. I can't think of anything else, anymore idea's GA?

Hey, CT if your here, any chance I can write an article or two and send it to you about the RPG to help advertise the demogame also?

Also, if any of the mods are here, what do you guys think of these suggestions?

Signatures are good way to attract more people.
And it would be good idea to advertise Demogame in main civ3 forum, there are large number of people who have never heard of demogame.
And get the news/articles more often on main civfanatics page.

Strider said:
Hey, CT if your here, any chance I can write an article or two and send it to you about the RPG to help advertise the demogame also?

Also, if any of the mods are here, what do you guys think of these suggestions?

Sure, why not? You and Ginger_Ale can be the newspaper editors/reporters. :D

Let's try some subliminal and superliminal advertising. Subtly change every link in the forums and main page to lead to the DG and post big banners on every page that also link to the DG ;)

Chieftess said:
Sure, why not? You and Ginger_Ale can be the newspaper editors/reporters. :D

Okay, good!!

That might help the RPG out some also. And if we get more "updates" on the frontpage out, then we can attract more people.

Strider, (read my PM first), feel free to create the thread anytime soon...then, after each (2?) turnchat(s?) we can gather information we think would be good to post on the main page...and including a screenie or two will help as well. :)

blackheart said:
Let's try some subliminal and superliminal advertising. Subtly change every link in the forums and main page to lead to the DG and post big banners on every page that also link to the DG ;)
:lol: Why not try liminal also?

Top Bottom