1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Advice for Deity Scientific Poland (Peaceful)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by slavaskii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. slavaskii

slavaskii Chieftain

Mar 2, 2018
    I almost always go for (peaceful) Science Victories and was trying to find ways to make this work on deity for 'unconventional' science civs. I feel like something can be made out of Poland, especially considering their buffed trade routes via the Sukiennice. Cultural benefits are also nice and the Wildcard slot is fantastic (though obviously not as great as Greece). With these benefits combined, I feel as that, with right strategy, Poland can do well at this particular victory on upper levels.

I've attempted this several times before and was met with severe growth problems. After expanding to 6+ cities I attempted to settle Campuses, then Commercial Hubs, then Theaters... but production was far too long, I fell greatly behind in teching, and was rare to get another district out in my secondary cities (though managed a very strong economy). What would be the best way to go about this? Should I attempt to improve my capital before spamming settlers, and then build Campuses-Commercial Hubs or Campuses-Theaters in the secondary ones? Does Poland even have potential in this situation? Thanks in advance!
  2. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

Jun 22, 2012
    Generaly my deity strat has been to settle a second or third city and then magnus chop the plaza and AH in one of the second citys and then after cap is done with campus jist spam settlers. If you go full peaceful, you wont have a lot of space to settle and you eat up a lot of time and production self settling.

Obviosuly campus is priority everywhere. The extra gold from internals could help to buy science buildings, but you still get more gold going out, and citys only need two districts anyway ussually. You will still need theatres in core citys and early routes to cultural CS helps a lot so you can get poly phi and feud faster.

AH and feudalism is a lot of free production and money saved. Seeing as how you ussually avoid religion on pure science games, and you wont need,GG's, Polands trade ability will,probably be the only one that matters. You also need way less gold now for fast SV with R and F. You really dont need to GS spam towards the end anymore.