Advice for Victory Type (on prince)

scooter

Prince
Basically, I'm playing this game on Prince: catherine, vanilla, inland sea, epic, with standard map size and settings (8 rivals). I attached my most recent save. I've done some warring, and so far I've taken out Vicky, partially with maces, paused with two cities left (the northernmost two, York and one other one, you can see it in the game). As i was finishing her off, I bribed Hatty to declare against saladin (you can see the position in the save). I had just finished off Vicky when Hatty asked me to join in on Saladin, and I of course said yes since my cossacks were ready. You'll notice I have a pretty sizable tech lead. After I took out most of Vicky with maces and cats, I paused for awhile and put up lots of cottages (at the time i was barely breaking even at 40% research). Because of being financial, my economy turned around quite quickly, and pretty soon I was getting a new tech every 5 turns or so (epic!). I headed for military tradition (could've gotten there quicker if not for some :smoke: on my part in choice of techs, and started pumping cossacks. Thanks to two well-timed great merchants which I sent on trade missions, I had tons of money and was able to upgrade all my elephants and my one or two horse archers from my previous wars to cossacks. All this said, I'm asking what everyone thinks I should pursue for my victory condition here. This is one thing I struggle greatly with, is deciding on a path and going for it. It is Epic (easier to war) and I do have a hefty tech lead, so I'm leaning towards a industrial/modern age domination (still have a fair amount of work to do then), but I'm not sure, (semi-backdoor domination) diplomatic is doable. If I do go domination, I'm not sure who to attack next, as that would put me next to Hattie, who has been my closest friend, but Bismarck on my other side has been pretty friendly too. Judging by the power graph, taking Hattie would be easier than bismarck (Most of my army is up there already anyways), but Bismarck would be much closer to my capital, easing Maintenance costs (granted, I'm probably going to end up in Police State soon rendering that moot). So anyways I'll stop rambling and I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

Attachments

• Caleb AD-1655.Civ4SavedGame
    163.6 KB · Views: 95
(a.) Note to all downloaders ... requires version 11 of the vanilla HoF mod to open.

(b.) I would go for Spaceship.

(c.) You should go Arabia > Germany > a little of Spain > Domination. Personally I would have gone the Artillery route, but you're a "bee's ___" off Assembly Line, so Infantry it is! :) Your Cossacks are going to get chewed up with the Rifles, so you need another unit to deal with that. Leave Hatty and HC ... you can do with trading partners.

oh yeah, really sorry I didn't mention that about the HOF mod...

Sounds like domination it is, since I've done space several times, plus my cities (at least my home cities) are a bit production poor. I upgraded almost all of my Cossacks with Pinch (I was thinking of riflemen there), so the ones that are upgraded with Pinch might be slightly effective, at least enough to make it until I have some infantry shot out. I've got a bit of a tech lead, so Arabia should definitely be gone by the time anyone gets rifles (here's hoping), so then I can settle in that area and move towards Bismarck.

Thanks for the thoughts (any other opinions are welcome)

Top Bottom