1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Advice from experienced players (Deity/Immortal)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Kouba CZ, May 25, 2020.

1. Kouba CZ

Kouba CZ Chieftain

Hello fellow CIV fanatics!!!

During coronavirus pandemic when we were locked down at home I returned to play this awesome game. I used to be very casual player, playing most of time on Monarch difficulty, but recently I discovered @Lains channel and learned a hell of new stuff... So I slowly started to increase difficulty and soon I even were able to win few Pangea maps on Immortal difficulty.

And now here I am. Decided to step out from my comfort zone on Pangea type of maps and trying first Continents map on Immortal.

Currently at 1190 AD, I am tech leader, but would like to get advice from more expereienced players how to proceed next. On Pangea map I would normally research millitary technology and try to wipe them all. But I guess in this game it would be very tough (imo for my skil level almost impossible) especially as on the other continent are 4 civilizations (Togu, Zara, DeGaul and Fridrich) all of them with same religion and Fridrich + Zara fall in love into each other.

I think that at this stage of the game, I might be able to focus on Diplomatic victory?
    Please check my Save and let me know, what would you do. Of course if you see some major mistakes, point them out. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Ramesses Kouba II

Attached Files:

2. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

I opened your save. You will have a difficult time with a diplomatic victory with the Confucian lovefest going on and you being no religion at all. I see you have the AP in Memphis to a religion you left. Of course, the easiest way to get a diplomatic victory is to make the majority of the nations capitulate to you. Focusing on military technology is still your best course. You just have to transport everyone on ships now.

3. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Agree diplo victory seems tricky, unless you get it through vassals.

Regardless of what victory condition you go for, you should start by taking out Pacal. Nobody likes Pacal, you get no diplo hits from killing him. After this probably take out Pericles while you build ships and prepare for some intercontinental warfare.

On the other continent I see two options. You could start by attacking De Gaulle. He is wimp and will capitulate as soon as you have enough combat score on him. After this you should easily walk over massively technologically backwards Toku. He'll probably have huge stacks of useless units. One way to deal with those is to move a few riflemen into a forest next to his stack, then he'll sacrifice all of it in one go. Other way is to take it on the offense which requires more units.

Other option is go for Freddy first. This could be a good option if he for example doesn't have rifling yet but potentially could research it before you get to him, in case you went for De Gaulle and Toku first.

Kouba CZ likes this.