1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice from Locutus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Community Enchancement Project' started by The Great Apple, Apr 18, 2006.

1. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

Source: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=4377373#post4377373

2. SpoiledFruit

SpoiledFruit Chieftain

You know if we do this right mabey Firaxis will use our improved DLL. While it would be cool to have our names in the credits, I would just be glad knowing our work has helped make Civilization a better game. It might also encourage Firaxis to make other games more moddable or more apt to give out SDKs or source code.

3. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

They may not use our DLL as such, but if we keep everything neat, I see no reason why they won't duplicate some of the code we do and use it themselves. Especially with things like bug fixes.

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

This will not happen. If they are interested it would only be used as a mod with full credits to the writer/s, not to change vanilla.

5. 12monkeys

12monkeys Chieftain

It may happen. They surely don't use all our changes, but they may be inspired of some of them and give us credits. They also may copy some parts. They did both already.

Anway, the chance that it will happen is quite low. If it happens its great, if not who cares.

12m

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

12monkeys:

But remember, they did it for the release version, and they were two things that fixed problems. Now that Civ4 is stable and complete, they won't change the vanilla methods in the XP's. Trust me, it will be implemented as a mod if they use it.

Dale

7. 12monkeys

12monkeys Chieftain

Hmmm. The two things I talk about aren't fixes they are improvements of the user interface. However, I still don't see a reason why they shouldn't do it again of whatever kind the changes are.
    Bot OK, you're closer to them than me you may have a better feeling about what they will do or not.

12m