1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by ShadowWarrior, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Chieftain

In this game, I am playing as China, and Rome is my rival with whom I share a continent. I have two major problems that I need to overcome. Depending on your skill level, you may not perceive that as much of a problem though (I am not very good at this game yet).

First, I don't have much room to expand further. Second, Rome has access to iron while I don't have access to any iron nor horse. I don't know if Rome has access to horse, but I am hoping she doesn't. I am basically militarily crippled until I get machinery. But even then, I am not sure if cho-ku-nu could tilt the balance of power in my favor what with Rome having legion and ballista (and possibly horseman if she has access to horse), while I have no swordsman, horseman, nor catapults.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to go on? Or should I just raise the white flag now?

Attached Files:

2. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Chieftain

Rush to rifles? That's what I did. OR buddy up CS's who have iron, then work your way from there.

3. stormerne

stormerne Eye of the Storm Retired Moderator

That line of mountains to the north of you is a little limiting for expansion! On the other hand, that limits both ways as regards traffic, for now at least, so there's a little safety if you control the choke points. You're not in a position to war right now anyway, so grow what you have behind the barricades - and fast! Your demographics are poor at the moment. Keep a check on them. And by the way, Rome will trade you 2 iron for 25 turns for 100+ cash. Not saying you should take it though! :)