Advice needed

ShadowWarrior

Prince
In this game, I am playing as China, and Rome is my rival with whom I share a continent. I have two major problems that I need to overcome. Depending on your skill level, you may not perceive that as much of a problem though (I am not very good at this game yet).

First, I don't have much room to expand further. Second, Rome has access to iron while I don't have access to any iron nor horse. I don't know if Rome has access to horse, but I am hoping she doesn't. I am basically militarily crippled until I get machinery. But even then, I am not sure if cho-ku-nu could tilt the balance of power in my favor what with Rome having legion and ballista (and possibly horseman if she has access to horse), while I have no swordsman, horseman, nor catapults.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to go on? Or should I just raise the white flag now?

Attachments

• Charlie.Civ5Save
    276.4 KB · Views: 36
Rush to rifles? That's what I did. OR buddy up CS's who have iron, then work your way from there.

That line of mountains to the north of you is a little limiting for expansion! On the other hand, that limits both ways as regards traffic, for now at least, so there's a little safety if you control the choke points. You're not in a position to war right now anyway, so grow what you have behind the barricades - and fast! Your demographics are poor at the moment. Keep a check on them. And by the way, Rome will trade you 2 iron for 25 turns for 100+ cash. Not saying you should take it though! :)

Top Bottom