1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on a game, please

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by greatmindsthink, Mar 2, 2015.

1. greatmindsthink

greatmindsthink Chieftain

Hi there, I am the user formerly known as DamImLookinGood, I can't remember my password so I made a new username. I started a new game as some of you recommended. I wish to know where all of the resources are in this map, not just the ones that correspond to the technologies I have but to ones like uranium and rubber for which I don't have technologies yet. I have downloaded every program but none of them that edit and view saved games work work on my computer. I have Civ3MultiTool installed but when I click on the Save Game Editor and input the attached map file, I get the "run time error 53, c3mt.dll not installed" error message. I have CivAssist installed and working and therefore had to have already installed all of the Microsoft software beforehand.

I would appreciate it if someone could please upload an image file of this map that includes all of the resources including uranium etc.

Thanks for your attention. Also advice on game is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Theov

Theov Chieftain

Why the obsession with getting to know all the resources?

This is an impressive improvement with the last game I saw.
    These workers should be making irrigations and mines around the center cities though to boost population, money and shields though.

I hate to say it, but your workers are working on the lower priority pieces of land.

As a rule you can keep in mind that to feed 12 population, you'll need 24 bread.
    The the rest can be mined for shields.

You use a lot of units to prevent landings, but they can't settle on mountains, so let them land there - as long as it's not a military force....

3. greatmindsthink

greatmindsthink Chieftain

Hello, I've been playing the game for the last two months, and I've reached the modern age. I've pop rushed hundreds of Jaguar Warriors for the purpose of creating a physical border preventing the most powerful civilization from destroying the weaker civilization. I've setup towns near all of the resources except alumunium.