Advice on Earth map Prince Game

So I am playing this game, Earth map, Prince as Pericles (Greece). It's 1725 AD
I am aiming for a domination win and hence have been mostly warring since the start of time, having eliminated 1 rival (Frederick), restricted two (Darius and Monty) to islands (since I don't really have a navy) and am currently locked in a struggle with Gilgamesh (at peace with the rest). I am lagging in tech behind Gilgamesh and Isabella, but have the best military. Suleiman is my (voluntary) Vassal.

The problem is, I am currently Maces/Trebuchets, pretty far from Rifles, no Knights. My science slider is at 20% right now, I am currently focusing on stealing techs from Isabella (who is about to get Rifles) to keep parity (via suicided GSp).

I started in Europe, took Middle East from Germany and South/South-east Asia from Darius. Gilgamesh is in Central Asia and Russia. Suleiman and Isabella are on Africa.

The struggle was going mostly fine - until now Gilly has upgraded a lot of his maces to Grenades. I am losing too many units trying to take his cities now, my trebs are nearly wiped out, and even my most experienced maces can't take his cities even after 5-6 trebs suicide. I can out-produce him, but then I'll be easy pickings for Isabella (who although appears to be heading for a space / cultural win but has a strong military and will be willing to backstab me). At the same time, I don't wish to sue for peace since that leaves him with his main cities intact and a tech lead (till now I have taken out only his border cities and Monty, his vassal)
Currently, Suleiman and I are Islamic, rest of the world is Christian with Isabella a AP resident
So, how do you advise that I should proceed?

Save below

Attachments

• Pericles AD-1725.CivBeyondSwordSave
    306.2 KB · Views: 47
You use way too little siege, your offensive stacks should have 5-10 trebs with them to do collateral damage to defenders and bombard the cultural defense. I think I saw one treb with your attacking stack and that isn't enough.

One thing is that you're quite backwards for 1700s, maybe start a game and ask advice for the early game as that is what really matters.

Thanks for the advice. As I said, I've lost most of my trebs in the battles by now (I did actually wait for exactly 10 trebs before beginning my attack) and even the further ones I've produced are gone.

I agree about the backwardness, so yeah, maybe a new game with the same setting is fine. Thanks again!

Top Bottom