[Old] Advice on how to Start a Mod

Hello,
Simply put I've been trying to create an alternative leader mod of England that provides +1 production to all water tiles and allows the leader to build the farm improvement on coast tiles.

I've tried to use the official Civ VI Development Tools for for a newbie like me I don't want to create a whole new Civilization, I just want to create a new leader along side Victoria with 2 'Traits/Modifiers'.
Of which to try and help me I have downloaded other people's mods and changed some of the data to try and get it to work with no success beyond changing display text and in-game icon colours (but for some reason not the colours in the menu [which also reminds me that It always bugs me when I see China's icon colours do not match either despite being official]).

So what I'm asking is how do I go about creating my own mod without editing other peoples?
And by optional extension; how do I get the following code to work:
"
INSERT INTO Types
(Type, Kind)
VALUES ('TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE', 'KIND_TRAIT');

INSERT INTO Traits
(TraitType, Name, Description)
VALUES ('TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE', 'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE_NAME', 'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE_DESCRIPTION');

INSERT INTO TraitModifiers
(TraitType, ModifierId)
VALUES ('TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE', 'TRAIT_INCREASED_COAST_PRODUCTION'),
('TRAIT_LEADER_AVI_RISING_TIDE', 'TRAIT_INCREASED_OCEAN_PRODUCTION');

INSERT INTO Modifiers
(ModifierId, ModifierType, SubjectRequirementSetId)
VALUES ('TRAIT_INCREASED_COAST_PRODUCTION', 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD', 'PLOT_HAS_COAST_REQUIREMENTS'),
('TRAIT_INCREASED_OCEAN_PRODUCTION', 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD', 'PLOT_HAS_OCEAN_REQUIREMENTS');

INSERT INTO ModifierArguments
(ModifierId, Name, Value, Extra, Type)
VALUES ('TRAIT_INCREASED_COAST_PRODUCTION', 'YieldType', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', null, null),
('TRAIT_INCREASED_COAST_PRODUCTION', 'Amount', 1, null, null),
('TRAIT_INCREASED_OCEAN_PRODUCTION', 'YieldType', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', null, null),
('TRAIT_INCREASED_OCEAN_PRODUCTION', 'Amount', 1, null, null);
"

(I haven't seen any code so far to change the locations where Builders can build tile improvements yet. I've only see Egypt's district placement code but I don't think it will work for improvements)

Last edited:
I've changed that but it still dose not work.

Top Bottom