Advice on War Plans and Axis of Evil (With 10 Screenshots, not dial-up friendly)

Gemini1706

Warlord
Advice on War Plans and Axis of Evil (With 10 Screenshots, not dial-up friendly)

I am playing as Saladin on Noble, Epic Speed, Continents.
The year now is 1850 AD.

I am on my own continent (I wiped out the chinese early).
I have ONE 'Friendly' friend, the Englsih on her own continent.
I have THREE 'Annoyed' Enemies on their own continent that signed between them a DEFENSIVE PAK (Axis of Evil).

I am number 1 in score.
I have 12 cities (with LOTS of cottages/towns).
90% research.
I focused on researching/belining the lower path (with combustion and such).
I am ahead in the lower tech line
I am BEHIND in the upper tech line (where they have Rocketry, I am one step behind).

Nobody trades with me, even my friend do not have much to offer.
I am afraid that they trade between themselves and leave me in the dust.

Thus, I am planning to STOP this ALAIANCE (or Axis of Evil) from advancing, so I want to create a war plan.

My questions are:
1- Should I attack now (notice that I can make Marines, Arty and Destroyers now), or attack later when I research and ger Fighters and Bombers?

2- Should I attack the greek first (closest to me) or should I attack all 3 Axis fronts at the same time?

3- How much defense I need to have at home? I already have lots of troops in my cities but outdated (longbowmen ...etc.) from my chinses war?
2 Machine Guns per city?
I think If I attack and control sea with destroyers, they do not have much chance to attack me at home, so no need to build lots of modern defenses.

4- Is going to war in this situation good? Or maybe better try to start Space Race? (I cannot trade, so I feel little chance to get a tech by trade).

5- Any other tips/comments are very welcome :)

(Screen shots are attached in the following posts)

Attachments

• World_View.jpg
    World_View.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 781
Ok, maybe not ten screenshots, but 7 :)

Can someone advice on my questions above?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1- Airpower will give you the power to defend in depth, once you start to take their territory.

2- Assume that in relatively short order once you attack one you will be at war with all, but do not open three beach-heads unless you are prepared (and able) to support them completely. I would recommend attacking a semi-solitary city, from which you can control enemy axis.

3- Control the seas. Keep a defender (or two if coastal) in each city, and have a small mobile force for emergencies, but you'll also have your troops from your staging area.

4- War is fun.

Honestly, I think you're in fine position to just win by spacerace if you don't want to try destroying the other civs. You would have to switch over all your production to military units for a while to crack the Greek cities, which is fine if you're intending to win that way, but if you're just looking to get away with the victory, I think you have.

Research rocketry, hook up your aluminum and I seriously doubt that any of those other civs will beat you to space. If you prioritize the SS techs, get your Ironworks and some Laboratories up, you'll easily run away with the space race. Noble AI just isn't competitive in that respect.

If you *do* see the AI's finishing Apollo long before you (don't worry if its just a little bit, the AI won't prioritize like you), declare war and convince England to join you. It doesn't mean you actually HAVE to go land, just sink a few ships and turtle up. The AI may land a couple expeditions, but they won't ever bring a full invasion force (they don't do that even on Monarch, where I play). The war with you and hopefully some invasion from England will cause the AI to switch off SS parts to military units and, again, you'll run away with the win.

Don't worry so much, you're in fine shape =).

I agree that you can win easily by space race. The AI's cities tend to be production light because they build so many windmills so they take forever to construct the parts. Prioritize getting to computers for the laboratories, then robotics to construct the space elevator (though you must complete Apollo first) is the best way IMHO.

what current civics are u running?

i say switch to univ suff and war civics and buy yourself some new shiny tanks... just put your resarch to 0 for a few turns and voala, in no time you will have yourself a lots of tincans redy for some rocking and rolling, just take them some city rider upgrades and i think you`ll be able to smash those puny rifleman eaven withot much bombing, and as you hadnt resarched flight yet its just a holdup... and yes you should have sam catapults with you from erlier wars, so bring them, dont eaven upgrade, they can bomb defenses pretty well :D... also i advise you to hurry, see they already has few SAM infantery, and its only matter of time when AI will upgrade all of grenadiers... well maybe wait till plastics is finished so you can build 3 gorges dam, wery nice addition if you have factories in your cities ;]... oh and also if you happen to have kremli built, well -50% buying cost is quite nice... oh and considering defenses... well leave those longbowmen, 2-3 for each city, but dont upgrade just yet, you can do it when enemy forces aproaches as you`ll have plenty of gold...

jeah, but as you build military dont forget to stop in time, so you wont fall back in resarch hopeleslly... remember that there is a "netural" egypt, that just might build up defenses and pull out space victory.... actually, rush-buy only your first assault wave and then build reinforcments old fashion way...

Remember, there are many kinds of war. A War of Conquest may not be in your best interest. Taking cities means defending cities, which means units tied down. This can present problems if you are fighting the rest of the world. There is no shame in a War of Punishment, land your forces, pillage everything, raze a few cities. This should set your opponents back, allowing you to conduct whatever sort of victory you want with greater ease.

When in doubt, PILLAGE!!!

Raze those guys back to the stone age. Their tech will grind to a halt, their population will evaporate, and you don't have to bother with conquering a high-culture area. Plus it's real good money.

And never spread your offense. A knife does a lot more damage than a fist, with less effort. The same rule applies to armies.
As far as defense goes, my force structure has always been modeled after the "egg shell armed with a sledgehammer" approach. As long as you're hammering them good and hard, you shouldn't need more than a mobile reserve that you can send to put out various fires as they pop up.

If you plan to go to war, try to get one of the "Axis of Evil" AIs to declare war on Egypt. If you pull that off, it'll break the Defense Pact, and then you can pick them off 1v1 instead of having to go 3v1.

Gemini1706 said:
How? They are 'Annoyed' by me.
It might not be possible...hence "try" ;)

If it's possible, odds are it'll take a VERY large bribe.

ArtiC has some good points -- dropping research to 10% for two or three turns will let you upgrade quite a few longbowmen in an emergency, but don't upgrade until you see an invasion force landing.

Also notice that only Capac has D-pact w/two people -- so don't attack him first. Go nail the Greeks!

Top Bottom