[R&F] Advice strategic ressources and combat modifier

Cordell

Chieftain
Hi, as i advance on my mod and start beeing very proud of it, (since i start modding with skills close to nothing ^^) (Tech/Civic trees and Boost changed for a more realistic date, lot of wonder and building changes, add a Rifleman on the anticavalery ligne and few other change...) i became more ambitious but i need some walkthough advices.

1/ Make strategic ressources more strategic
Goal: give some bonusses to some units related to the number of stategic ressources.
Exemples:
when you get "Military Tradition" Horseman get +1 combat bonus per iron you have.
when you get "Mass Production" your quadrireme receive +1 combat bonus per niter you have.
(to simulate naval artillery without changing the unit model)

The questions :
A/is it possible?
B/is there some mod who did that?(so i can have an exemple to make the changes i want)
C/Wich are the files i have to create/edit to get the result i want (and have them visible in game)

2/Change to cities and encampment range.
Since i change the techtree, i like to know if its possible to put the city defence to 1 range with mansonry and give +1 range with Archery. (ok this one sound simpler just i did not took the time to watch how it works/ you know so few time IRL ect...)

Thanks for any answers.
Sorry for my approximate english hope i am understandable.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think there is no ReuquirementID in XML that checks how many strategic ressources a player has. You can only check if a player is mining that ressource himself.
However, if you do not mind using Lua you might actually be able check how many ressource copies a player has. On the other hand you cannot use Lua to grant unit abilities to increase the combat strength of a unit. You can only grant promotions in Lua.

You can check out my strategic ressource mod, if you want an example mod that is purely based on XML. It does not implement all the things you want, but still you might find it useful: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257846813

Thanks for your answer,
i think, i am gonna test few ideas from your work :)

Top Bottom