Aefon isle

Calavente

Richard's voice
What does the Aefon isle do ... ?
out of being explorable and giving birth to huge stacks of barbs ?

is there any info on the positive boni that are available save "jewels for 79gp" ?

If you want a spoiler, you can look into the unique lairs code in python and/or dll. I haven't been curious enough to dig into them so far, but feel free to do it, and do not let anyone else know.
It must remain a secret..;)

In my version, it provides Water mana whenever it is in your cultural borders. (Similarly Maelstrom provides Air Mana.)

In the official mod I don't think it does anything but allow you to explore it.

In my version, it provides Water mana whenever it is in your cultural borders. (Similarly Maelstrom provides Air Mana.)

In the official mod I don't think it does anything but allow you to explore it.

Now, this. Not even in a spoiler tag!! You are ruining all the mystery MC!! :shake:

Well, you still have the mystery of pigs. Sure, everyone knows that they provide food and healthiness, but have you thought that there might be something else....?

There's something else involved that I'm not aware of that leads to you getting an archmage whats-its-name that can summon manbearpigs.

rolfmao

I'd never have thought my question would reveal so many hidden secrets !!

Thunder_Gr : I thanks you a lot for your information, but as far as I know, all world improvements are succintly described, be it only in the text of the civilopedia.

MC : well that's a good idea... but for my culture to reach so far in the ocean :/

snif.... I'm not sur I want to sacrifice many ships to explore a super water lair that bring slots of horror and few boni.

rolfmao

I'd never have thought my question would reveal so many hidden secrets !!

Thunder_Gr : I thanks you a lot for your information, but as far as I know, all world improvements are succintly described, be it only in the text of the civilopedia.

So, this is what you think? ;)

Tell me, what does the Mirror of Heaven is supposed to do, according to the "detailed information" given in civilopedia?

snif.... I'm not sur I want to sacrifice many ships to explore a super water lair that bring slots of horror and few boni.

It is a reasonable feeling. It makes you think there is something else in there...Doesn't it? :D

The Mirror of Heaven provides +3 :hammers:, +1 :), a 25% defense modifier, +6 visibility, and sun mana.

It also has a onMoveMirrorOfHeaven(pCaster, pPlot) that in the Into the Desert scenario gives the Malakim 2 free settlers and a vicar, but does nothing in the regular game. (In my version, units moving there are forced to cast Revelation, which also can effect the caster's team so HN, hidden, invisible, and illusions units hurt themselves.)

The Mirror of Heaven provides +3 :hammers:, +1 :), a 25% defense modifier, +6 visibility, and sun mana.

It also has a onMoveMirrorOfHeaven(pCaster, pPlot) that in the Into the Desert scenario gives the Malakim 2 free settlers and a vicar, but does nothing in the regular game. (In my version, units moving there are forced to cast Revelation, which also can effect the caster's team so HN, hidden, invisible, and illusions units hurt themselves.)

Thank you MC. Obviously all this information is not included in the civilopedia. At least, not the last time I looked.

EDIT: Is there anothe feature that creates duplicates of units? I thought it was MoH...

TG :
Thats what I think.
And I don't have the mirror of Heaven civilopedia next to me.
well , it's true sometimes you need a LOT of interpretation to have informations on it. BUT : when you highlight the tile you get the information for :hammers: :happy: defense and sun mana. not the case for the isles
but using the pdf from .... xienwolf ? or another one ? you have some info on SOME features.

How could you discover that sacrifiing an angel on the pyre of seraphics gives you an fire elemental if it wasn't written ? (you already have fire mana from it)
IMO, it was just that the time wasn't there to add the information.
It is a reasonable feeling. It makes you think there is something else in there...Doesn't it?
well, you know, it doesn't makes me feel that as kael and co are really capable of putting feature "just to break your units" (look far.. yeah there! guardian of pristine pass!) but I'm really curious and would like to know what's the use of the isles.

I think I'll just have to open WB, build many isle of Aefon, and many ships on them... and try it a lot :/

TG :
How could you discover that sacrifiing an angel on the pyre of seraphics gives you an fire elemental if it wasn't written ? (you already have fire mana from it)

[snip]

I think I'll just have to open WB, build many isle of Aefon, and many ships on them... and try it a lot :/

One method to learn about it is the first time you place an angel on the pyre and noticing something "different". Kael likes mysteries. He hadn't told anyone about the "reinforcement" event of the Splintered Court scenario, for a long time...

The second is what you are ready to do...Try in the wordbuilder. :)
The third is, looking at the code(I suspect what MC does, but he already knows so much without having to look at the code, anyway).

fourth is having a civilopedia info.

I'm not against having a second or third boni from something that is written nowhere and that you have to "discover".
But having something on the map that you can't know any utility is not useful.

Following your reasonning I'll propose to Kael to create a building/wonders that triggers an event... maybe... if you have the right units and building in the city, not one more, not one less and I won't tell what they are. Oh and if you don't have the right mix, you would spawn ... the three stooges but barbarians and aggressives.
That would be fuuuuuunn.

Do you really think you would try to build it ?
For the moment I find that guardian of pristine pass is fun but deadly, and aefon isle is not yet deadly (I don't explore it) and not fun. If I knew some of what the do/permit, I would be able to use them.

Do you even know what they do and are making fun of me or are you just blasé that you didn't realized you knew not ?

I gvuess we'll have to wait and see if anyone returns with interesting stories from Aifons Island... (I could say the same for Bradeline's Well...)

Following your reasonning I'll propose to Kael to create a building/wonders that triggers an event... maybe... if you have the right units and building in the city, not one more, not one less and I won't tell what they are. Oh and if you don't have the right mix, you would spawn ... the three stooges but barbarians and aggressives.
That would be fuuuuuunn.

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. This is not my reasoning. This is Kael's reasoning. He likes to let players discover things, and has told so many times by now. It is not a secret!

What I said was a response on the how could you know part of the message, taking in mind that there is no civilopedia entry to give you the information.

Do you even know what they do and are making fun of me or are you just blasé that you didn't realized you knew not ?

I do not like making fun of people in a childish way(I know, you don't, so be jealous about it!...). In fact, I do not like making fun of people at all.

I do not know what they do, I haven't looked at the code, yet, but, eventually, I will do it. I want to try and figuer it out first. I haven't managed to make Mirror of Heaven create doublicates of anything, although I have read others saying it does...

I just wanted to stress out that these are things that may do something and noone has told anything about it. I hope I have managed to express my thoughts better, this time.

Oh you haven't even found out about banana affinity. You still have much to learn :D

well... looking through the forum with the "aifon" spelling, it seems it's just a lair...
that means, if I understood correctly... that its the same as a shipwreck.. just with bigger mobs.. and maybe sometimes gains can be bigger...

well... looking through the forum with the "aifon" spelling, it seems it's just a lair...
that means, if I understood correctly... that its the same as a shipwreck.. just with bigger mobs.. and maybe sometimes gains can be bigger...

Any unique feature that CAN be explored is basically a Uber-lair.... if you get something bad... it will be really bad.... if you get something good... it will be really good....

One way to limit bad events is to explore with higher level units.... low level units can literally "disappear" into a lair.... higher level units are less likely to het hideous events.... and also.... most bad events don't clear the lair... so you can search again

Hope this helps

Top Bottom