Affinity Progression Detection Selection

etipton3

Chieftain
As I roam through blue the entire web policies it seems as the affinity selection are clear as 700 day moped oil. Do I decide my end game fate with these selections? What if I want 11 of each? How do we pick decide the course and why does enemy appear upset i choose another affinity when i clearly have multiple of affinitys just not 11:eek:

What do you mean exactly with "11 of each"? 11 affinity points? or maybe 11 affinity related techs (which is not the same thing)?

Regardless, why would you even want to do that? Having a few points in other affinities can be good for several reasons but equal points in all of them makes very little sense from a strategic point of view.

So in order to answer your question about "how do we decide the course of our tech choices" I first need to understand what exactly do you plan to achieve. If you just want to have all the affinity related techs, then you can pick them in whatever order you like, if you want to know what is the most logical course in order to win, then you shouldn't try to pick an equal number of them in the first place.

What do you mean exactly with "11 of each"? 11 affinity points? or maybe 11 affinity related techs (which is not the same thing)?

For instance starters, I want certain things and by that i mean to gain advantage by choosing affinity, not so much 11, but sometimes maybe 7. Can I not venture outside only one detection selection and still successful win the game? Looking for strategy, but i think I get it, only go down a single path, not plural, for the entire game. It is weird though that enemy upset with my choice even if i say have 11, 7, 3... am i right? In CIV 5 you couldn't be kinda autocracy and kinda freedom, so that made since, no so much this makes no sense if you be a little of everything and they get mad.

For instance starters, I want certain things and by that i mean to gain advantage by choosing affinity, not so much 11, but sometimes maybe 7. Can I not venture outside only one detection selection and still successful win the game? Looking for strategy, but i think I get it, only go down a single path, not plural, for the entire game. It is weird though that enemy upset with my choice even if i say have 11, 7, 3... am i right? In CIV 5 you couldn't be kinda autocracy and kinda freedom, so that made since, no so much this makes no sense if you be a little of everything and they get mad.

It is best to have one really dominant affinity because the faster you get to level 13 in a particular affinity, the sooner you can start that affinity's victory condition to win the game. Also, unit bonuses only come from the next highest level up. So for example, if my highest affinity is 5 then I will only get another unit upgrade from getting to level 6 or higher in that same affinity. Getting level 5 in a second affinity will give me affinity bonuses but not any unit bonuses. And, you want to get unit upgrades as soon as possible because they give you much strong units so you want to get the highest affinity level you can, as fast as possible. But you can still have a couple points in the other affinities. For example, I love the explorer immunity bonus that comes with Purity 1 so I will often get one level in Purity even when I go strong Supremacy. In a lot of my games, I might have Purity 2, Supremacy 13, Harmony 0.

Your enemy only cares about your Dominant affinity
So if you are 14 purity 13 supremacy 13 harmony, then you are purity and the supremacy& harmony civs will hate you
(But you get all the benefits of 13 supremacy and 13 harmony...ie you Could win through Mind Flower while the Harmony civs hate you)

You will be the affinity that you reached 6 first
So you can have 14 purity, 13 supremacy and 12 harmony and be harmony.
Right?

Can I not venture outside only one detection selection and still successful win the game?

You can in the same way you can win a OCC (One City Challenge), or in the same way you can win by purposely avoiding building trade routes or using spies.

In this game you have 3 victory conditions that require reaching 13 affinity points and military power is directly related to your highest affinity level.

Almost everything that slows down your affinity point increase in your dominant affinity is a detour that can only delay your victory.

There are a few exceptions however and some advanced unit upgrades can be reached faster by taking a few points in other affinities, but that's always less than half of what you have in your dominant affinity.

As for the affinity benefits, the level 1 purity is always nice to have and the level 3 supremacy is quite good as well, all the rest, though, is really not worth the delay in getting other more useful techs.

Top Bottom