1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Afgnan Quran Burning Protests

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LordRahl, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Nothing is perfect in the hands of people

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

He was no way Christian. You might as well call him a Jeffersion due to his massive reliance his works, far more than he did with the Bible and so often out of context. If this is the best you can do, then I fear you ave no ammo in your attacks left. He was a twisted individual how copied from so many different sources that it is impossible to know why exactly he did it and for what reasons. The right wing n Europe is decidedly atheist, in comparison to the US right wing, especially that far right. That is why so many people were confused by his quotation of the Bible, since it does not fit that groups description.
    http://www.getreligion.org/2011/07/from-arne-fjeldstad-belief-ideology-faith/

3. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

It's telling how anyone who happens to be Christian and does something bad is considered "not to be a christian" and yet Muslim terrorists are considered to be the face of Islam.

Hmm...

4. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Look, they were doing a two for one deal on standards, and you've got to make savings where you can in this economy.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

1. No compulsion? Kidnapped Pakistani Christian Girls Forced to Convert to Islam
    Don't forget about the Pastor In Iran that is going to be executed for his beliefs. The choice is either die or convert to Islam. So the result of refusing to convert to Islam or even leave Islam is death. Certainly that is not compulsion. Actions speak louder than words.

@Useless, you have just have to compare the actions of Jesus to the actions of Mohammed. Jesus gave his life, whereas Mohammed took many lives.

6. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

...So what?

What the hell does that have to do with how muslims are viewed today? If I based my view of christians solely on how much of a cruel entity god was in the ot, I would be a fool.

But here you are advocating that i should look at islam and muslims in a negative way, just because some holy man was violent.

The acts of christians haven't exactly been kind or nice, but strangely those acts are often washed away.

7. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

But isn't Jesus God? And God is not what you'd call the most pacific figure in global religion. So that seems like a slightly contrived comparison in the mouth of a Christian.

8. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

But Jesus is God, and God just drowned all humanity but very few"lucky ones" . The Trinity, in whih Jesus, is part did commit the worst of all genocides. Jesus may have given his life, well actually he didn't since he as part of the trinity can't "die", but lest's suppose he did, he and his two partners in the Trinity did take many more lifes than they/he save

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I was so eager to watch the fight between Attackfighter and Lord Rahl, but you guys interrupted it :(

10. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Well what did you expect? We're morons.

11. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Permission to sig that please. :)

12. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

David Koresh gave his life too.

But I see what you're saying. Abrahamic religions tend to short circuit stupid peoples' critical thinking abilities, no matter which part of the box they're scraping from.

13. MobBoss

I dont think Koresh gave his life inasmuch as he had it taken away from him.

And fwiw, its rather intolerant of you to assume people are stupid because of their beliefs in an Abrahamic religion.

14. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

I'm lovin' it, it's the pre-match sparring for the super gay-weight title fight!

15. Mr. Dictator

And Jesus had his taken from him, allegedly.

As to the second bit, that's not at all what I said.

16. MobBoss

Except Jesus, alledgely, had the power to stop his death, ergo, it was a sacrifice. Koresh....not so much.

And as to the 2nd bit, read how you parsed your comment. While I appreciate the clarification; I'm sure you'll see how one could come to the conclusion I did.

17. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Granted. Although it would be superfluous information.

18. Mr. Dictator

Well perhaps Koresh had the ability to stop his. I don't think we'll ever know.

I parsed it exactly as it was intended.

19. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Closed for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.