1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Afgnan Quran Burning Protests

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LordRahl, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

For someone in our position, sure. For someone in theirs, not so clear cut. I think you're viewing the situation from your perspective.

2. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Well yeah, but you can't openly be pro-monarchy on the internet
    Teaching people how to read isn't actually that easy is especially when they are far from childhood.

Just because they can read it doesn't mean they can comprehend it, just look at the number of Christian denomination around the world...

3. kochman

kochman Deity

I disagree. We're not so different that to think if there was an issue I would KILL over that I wouldn't do anything to really understand it... at least, to the 72% level of the population.

Of course, life is cheaper over there... so you have somewhat of a point.

4. attackfighter

attackfighter Emperor

Afghanistan is only a bad place because Amerikans and international prostitution and drug cartels continually screw with it. This is why 90% of all 3rd world countries are as bad as they are. Remember, Afghanistan was home to Khan Timur Leng - THE SECOND GREATEST MAN EVER TO LIVE. Do you truly think an "inferior" culture could produce a man of his calibre? Has any Amerikan come close to his achievements? No they have not.

The truth is Afghanistan, Africa, North America, etc. were all screwed over by European culture. And by "European culture" I mean the culture that originated in Europe and spread over North and South America, Russia, Africa, South Asia and East Asia. Today only the Middle East and pockets of central Asia remain free of this culture of hedonism. We should be proud of the Afghans for resisting the invading cultures and continuing to sustain their traditions.

5. Ziggy Stardust

@k-man, Well, I doubt the other 28% have read it. We're literate all over the place, and most Christians never read the Bible cover to cover. (Which I can completely understand since I tried it once)

6. attackfighter

attackfighter Emperor

Ahh the bible - quality reading. Too bad God doesn't administer punishments like he used to haha he could maybe put an end to the reign of hedonism and cultural marxism.

7. Ziggy Stardust

Who was the greatest man to ever live?

8. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

@attackfighter
    Yey, another know-it-all. While "all" is interestingly simple and duo-colored.
    May I quote my favorite argument from your speech of truth
    It is not only offered not any reasoning for it, it is not only hopelessly biased and presumptuous, it ladies and gentlemen is not only impossible to be meaningfully substantiated let alone proven, it, dear folks, is also capitalized.

9. attackfighter

attackfighter Emperor

are you done being smarmy?

10. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

I am not sure if I agree with you that I was smarmy in the first place, but yes, I am quit satisfied with myself right now. :cool:

11. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

12. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

:jesus:

13. LordRahl

LordRahl The Objectivist

It is thanks to that culture, that you are now able to spew your nonsense over the Internet, instead of using smoke signals. How about taking some responsibility for your own crappy backyard. If the garbage wasn't spilling over onto our perfectly manicured lawn, we wouldn't need to go over there and clean it up ourselves. It's not the 'bad West's' fault you insist on clinging to your superstitious beliefs, instead of putting some trust in reason and science.

Also - it's 'AmeriCans', not AmeriKans (not quite sure what you are going for there).

14. General Pilates

General Pilates Warlord

Oh dearie me Neo-colonialist rubbish attempting to justify hundreds of years of murder by claiming that they brought progress

15. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

I don't think you understood what I meant.

Dude, the Frankfurt school has been out of fashion for years now. Keep up.

16. GrandAdmiral

GrandAdmiral Deity

I like how you're speaking out against tyranny while preaching that Afghanistan created such a great conqueror. You're saying they are great because of their imperialist past, yet complaining about the success of European imperialism. Nice double standard.

In addition, as you said, the Afghans are being pimped. So what you are really pointing out is that while they have resisted the superficial and even progressive parts of foreign culture, they have embraced the worst part and let it destroy their country. Yea, kudos. How very proud I am. Being sexist, ignoring human rights, and mixing church and state while producing sex and drugs for money is not special, especially when you are doing if for god.

The only redeeming fact in your argument is that everyone else does bad stuff too.

17. wilycoyote

wilycoyote King

I want us to leave NOW, but there was a great reason for invading Afghanistan... and I'm sure I don't actually need to say what it was if you would only consider the question for five seconds.

18. attackfighter

attackfighter Emperor

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not speaking out against tyranny, just what that tyranny produced. As for Afghans engaging in the prostitution and sex trades themselves - well a few bad apples spoil the bunch. There are people who'd stoop so low in any society. The great thing about Afghanistan is that while there are degenerates, there are also heroes.

19. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

Devil's Advocate/:

Even when most of continental Europe was illiterate and unable to read or have access to a Bible, they went on Crusades in the holy land because they believed that the infidels were defiling it. People like to hold onto the past, be it religious or not, because it is a part of their culture, a part of their thinking. They like their religion, much like how Christians during the low Middle Ages liked their own religion.

/Devil's Advocate

Also, OP... is your avatar somehow connected to this issue in any matter? If you are trying to make a statement, it is in poor taste.

Not religious myself, I just think that that is in rather bad taste to do something like that.

20. attackfighter

attackfighter Emperor

The crusades were warranted, considering what the Muslims were doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.