Africa map (57x57)

Jay Jay

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

It's my first CIV 4 map. It's quite small but I hope you'll like it! I made it this size because I wanted to create a smaller project first, before starting the more ambitious ones. So opinions and suggestions strongly desired!

There are 7 civs: Spain, Egypt, France, Mali, Rome, Germany and England. 2 in the north, 2 in the middle and 3 in the south.
As only 2 civs in CIV 4 are African-based nations I placed 3 that had colonies - France-Central Africa, England-South Africa and Germany-Tanzania, Spain which owns the small part of African land in northern Morocco and Rome - "replacement" for Portugal, Belgium or the native African nations. Replacement only because it's not situated where the influence of the ancient Rome or colonial Italy was.

Some of recources are placed moreless where they are in real world eg oil, coal, iron ore some may not be placed correctly but I don't have a good atlas or map. And others - it's my fantasy :)

Screenshot:

Download:
View attachment Africa Map v.1.0.zip

Have fun :D

Looks good. I'm working on an Africa map now also, I am including most of southern Europe to have some European civ starting points. I plan on having the 2 African civs in Africa with a lot of barbarians and the European civs and Arabian somewhat close together, and therefore needing to race to invade Africa.

Cool map, i playd it with Mali.
What abaout adding the Arabs, as Arabia is on the map and they had wery big influnce on Northern Africa in the early Middle Ages?

why don't you make a middle east map i would like to play a gulf war scenario. Just a thought tell me what you think.

Thank you for this map:) , I´ve been searching Africa map for a while now..
Hoping, that someone make bigger one someday.
Thanx

Top Bottom