Resource icon

Africa Mod for C3C! 2016-10-05

Here is my Africa mod for C3C! I am personally very proud of it. It adds Nubia, Mali, Matamba, Madagascar, and Ethiopia with Unique Units, city lists, leaders, and civilopedia entries. It also adds an African culture group with city styles and population heads (at the expense of the Mediterranean one). Continually, it adds Tang Taizong and Chu-Ko-Nu for China with appropriate civilopedia, leaders, city lists, traits, and (I think) colors as well as Ogedei_the_mad's China city styles. In other words, it adds the contents of my China Mod v. 2.0 as well as 5 new African civs and their culture group.

Credits go to:
Plotinus
R8FXT
ShiroKobbure
Arne
Firaxis
Jimmyh
Ogedei_the_Mad

Enjoy!

If there are any glitches or errors, or you have suggestions, please let me know.

Here is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10963

Thanks so much to those above mentioned again.

MASSIVE EDIT!!!!

I have uploaded version 2! New features include new city styles, a new civ (Kongo) as well as new leaders for Japan, Rome, Egypt, and Russia! Special thanks to Rita Poon, Red Alert, and ShiroKobbure.

Moderator Action: Broken download updated - Blake00
Here's the link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/africa-mod-for-c3c.295560/post-16372442

Don't look for it in the downloads section! It's only on THIS LINK!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me check...

1. Celts (Ethiopia). Rhye took them out, so it must be okay :)

2. Carthage (Nubia). I don't think they're that important.

3. Sumeria (Madagascar). Same reason as #1.

4. Hittites (Malinese). See reason for #3.

5. Byzantines (Matamba). Byzantines = Rome.

Voila. What do you think of the mod?

Umm...sorry to bump my own thread, but I will soon release version 2, which adds Kongo and makes Shiro's new Julius Caesar the LH for Rome, Meiji for Japan, and Ramses II for Egypt.

I also may add Napoleon for France and Peter (maybe) for Russia.

I would get this If i had Civ 3... No joke!

Africa ftw.

Unfortunately I do not have Civ3.

Thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Once I get enough time, I will post said version 2.0.

I have a ton of stuff @ school and I'm working on another mod.

Inside archive.org .tar file is mod name africa.

here is the credits.txt ( authors name is missing). around 242 megabytes.

Maps- El Mencey and Civarmy
Cities-Arne, MaisseArsouye
Units-CivArmy, utahjazz7, Kinboat, BeBro, Aluminum(AoK conversions),
embryodead, aaglo, Don Pedro II,
Leaderheads-Civarmy, R8XFt, Sween_32, Rita Poon
Resources-W.i.n.t.e.r, Cassus Belli, RedAlert

If you see your work and I didn't mention you, just let me know; I tried to give everyone credit.

Download link ? Atomic Gamer no longer working. Thanks
damnit - does someone have this mod?
Inside archive.org .tar file is mod name africa.

Hey guys, I just got asked to rescue this one. Bit too busy atm to do the full testing, take a picture, write a credits info file, recompress and reupload treatment so this is just a quick fix for now.

Jiiko was on the right track with archive org but I think he was looking at the wrong Africa mod so those credits are incorrect. Using the recently discovered Atomic gamer backup trick Laurana Kanan and I tried to find the web archive backup pages for the Atomic download pages for V1 and V2 of this mod but had no luck as neither were backed up. However using the original CFC post date and @Huayna-capac357 's v2 comment post date above I looked in the atomic collection archives for those days and found both missing files in the days before.

For those who want the original version 1 then download this file and rename it to Africa!.zip (without the download page backup we have no idea what it's original file name was sadly):
https://archive.org/download/AtomicGamer_081015/AtomicGamer_081015.tar/081015/userUploaded.72624

For those who want the much bigger and improved updated version 2 then download this file and rename it to Africa!v2.zip (without the download page backup we have no idea what it's original file name was sadly):
https://archive.org/download/AtomicGamer_081126/AtomicGamer_081126.tar/081126/userUploaded.73519

This mod also has a CFC resource download page with a dead link too so for now I'll just set it to redirect to here. :)

All credit goes to Blake on this one as I was just aimlessly bumbling about. 😄
If you were a teacher you'd know to say that it wasn't a mistake and you were just testing us.

Top Bottom