African Flavor Units (10/15/06)

sepamu92

Prince
Hello all, for a while I have been working to make some Ethnically Diverse african units. And here is the result. Feel free to use them however you like. :) (Unfortunately, none of them have buttons; this is because of my extreme lack of skill in this area. If someone could make/find a suitible set of buttons for them I would be very thankful)
Thanks to Laurino, these units now have buttons! Thanks, Laurino!

Download

First up is the Zulu Archer:

Download

Spearman:

Download

Longbowman, skin of my earlier arabian model:

Download

Swordsman, inspired by a civ3 unit by utahjazz7:

Download

Horseman:

Download

Mali/Songhai Knight:

Download

Finally the Infantry skin:

Download

I see a new EDU version coming out;)
These are great, these are definitely going into my mod for ethiopian units.:goodjob:
Are you planning on making anymore flavor units?

Very nice (WR USE THESE!!) I have one sugjestion, the LongBowman is so heavily clothed its hard to tell he's african and the clothing is very arab looking (as you would expect it to be considering what its based on), my idea replace the head with that from say the Mali Skirmisher or some other apropriate unit, possibly also reskin the legs to be bare.

Here are some buttons for your african units;). If there's anything you don't like, tell me, I'll make adjustments.

Attachments

• African_Buttons.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for the compliment! If you ever need more buttons, PM if you want, I'll make them happilly! I must have done more than 200 for TAM, so I'm getting quite fast at it;).à

PS: If anyone reading this thread needs some buttons for their own units, feel free to ask, I love to make these...

What animations does the Mali/Songhay Knight use? The standard Knight.kfm?

Edit- no matter, it's the Mongol Keshik animations. :p

I'm having serious problems with the African Spearman unit...

The shield is clipping the body badly, and a 2nd "Ghost Spear" is appearing next to the spearman and floating in mid-air. Am I using the wrong animation or something?

Here's what I'm using:
<NIF>Art/Units/African/Spearman/Africanspear.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Mali/Skirmisher/MaliSkirmisher.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/African/Spearman/Africanspear_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

I'm having serious problems with the African Spearman unit...

The shield is clipping the body badly, and a 2nd "Ghost Spear" is appearing next to the spearman and floating in mid-air. Am I using the wrong animation or something?

Here's what I'm using:
<NIF>Art/Units/African/Spearman/Africanspear.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Mali/Skirmisher/MaliSkirmisher.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/African/Spearman/Africanspear_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

Yeah, that's the wrong animation. You need to use Spearman animations :)

Thanks for the help... "duh" for me, eh?

Top Bottom