AFSNES I – The New Dawn

A Magnus Halvorsson-led rebellion? :D

Excellent update, das; I actually might switch to being a Giant Space Squid now. :p

My mission is complete, and I relinquish the Teutonic post for my old place in Ardenberk.

Grief

"Magnus! News! From Eldsland!"

"What?"

"I dare not say in here..."

Magnus Halvorsson, former Jarl of Eldsland, shuddered as he leaned against the side of his ship. The words of the messenger still echoed in his head. It had only been a few weeks ago that he had heard news of Eldsland's impending invasion. He could only hope that he made it back in time to warn Sven. To warn everyone.

"Captain! Land- oh dear gods..."

"What is it? Oh..."

Halvorsson's pupils dilated as he gazed on the sight. A great, greasy black cloud hung over Reykjavik, though it had already grown diffuse.

"Sir, we must turn back!"

"SAY NOTHING! We are needed!"

"We'll be trapped!"

"They we will die with our swords in our hands! Naught but Valhalla awaits us!"

A cheer went up from the crew of Magnus' ship. The Eldslander gazed forward, emotion imperceptible in his eyes.

Shortly thereafter, the ship hit ground, and the men leapt out. Nothing around them moved. In the distance, a smouldering house collapsed. Magnus raced up to it, then reeled away, appalled.

"Sir?"

The group gazed down, the barely-recognizable bodies of burned, dead Eldslanders greeted them. Not only men were dead- all were gone. An incinerated infant's body was trapped forever in the dying embrace of its mother. Looking around, Magnus found more and more bodies scattered around the city.

At this point, he began to hyperventilate.

"No... no... no..." he rasped, starting to run. The others struggled to keep up with him. Within a few minutes he reached the palace. The ornate doors were smashed to splinters, the thatch roof was burned away. In the center of the hall, the throne of Sven One-Hand was cleaved into two uneven halves. Just before the throne were the bodies of many Viking warriors. Some dismembered, others filled with arrows, and others presumably killed after the battle, pinned onto the walls by the points of swords passing through their bodies.

And in the center of the carnage was the body of the King. Sven One-Hand's body was filled with countless gouges and deep wounds, though he was still recognizable. However, the majesty he had radiated in life had now left. He was broken. His mighty claws were shattered, his crown had fallen, and only a fragment of a sword remained in his cut hands. Behind the crown were the dead bodies of two figures. The Queen, and her daughter, still only a girl.

Magnus felt dizzy. Sick. He looked around, he saw every body, he knew everyone's name. But they could not be... not gone...

He gazed back at the body of the King.

"This death YOU have brought upon us..."

"No.... noo...noo."

Magnus gazed around. The bodies looked back, with reproachful looks.

"Why did you leave us? Why did you betray us? Why did you kill us."

"Noo... no... no, no, no! No! NO! NO! NO! NO! CEASE, DECEASED!"

"Sir?"

Magnus turned around and staggered out of the hall. His crew followed, some breaking down into passionate mourning or anger, others failing to even comprehend the magnitude of what had happened. One man even broke out into a nervous chuckle.

Magnus looked up to the skies. The skies gazed back at him.

"Why, Magnus?"

With, the Eldslander let out an agonized, almost animal scream.

"MONSTERS! MONSTERS! YOU MONSTROUS CELTS! DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT YOU DO! DOES THE BLOOD OF INNOCENTS ON YOUR HANDS NOT STIR YOUR SOUL? HAVE YOU NO SOULS! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!"

The call echoed throughout the city. Nearby, two Hibernian guards ran to the location of the noise. They came to a sudden halt as they ran straight into the Eldslandic party. One shouted something and began to run, but a flung axe buried itself in the small of his back, and he collapsed to the ground. The second drew his sword, which was immediately knocked from his hand. He was knocked to the ground and held down. Magnus Halvorsson picked up the Hibernian's sword and gazed at it thoughtfully. Then, he turned and placed the point of the sword on the squirming man's face. Slowly, he increased the pressure.

"May your vile god have mercy on you."

With that, he slashed, down, cleaving the man's front in half*, from the nose to the stomach.

Magnus gazed up at his fellow Eldslanders.

"Varlson. Did you find-"

"No survivors sir."

Magnus mouthed a few words, but could make no sound. He managed to struggle only a few words out of his throat.

"Get to the boat everyone. Now."

OOC:
*Heheh, "Unseaming him from the chops to the nave."

OOC: I will not be dissuaded!

I will not bow to popular will!

Great update.

I knew that attack was coming, the rebellion was the annoying part. Oh well. success against the danes is always nice.

TO DANELAW (finmaster?)
FROM LATGALLIA

We offer you this chance. Withdraw from Memele, and we shall withdraw from (the land near Konisberg?). With that we can agree to peace, complete and whole, without ending in any of our destructions. You will have time to rebuild your army, which has been majorly defeated, and we can rebuild and stabilise. Do you accept our offer for peace, or must you force us to cause you to regret it?

EDIT: Also, didn't the Arecomans lose any ships at all in the huge naval battle?

Strange. They should have lost a few ships at least.

That was my feeling too. Especially since the current loss numbers show that this "very close battle" made our side lose 41 ships to their 26 - and that's not counting any losses the Odrysans and Hellenes had (nor any ships that the Ashaists lost against those). The same is true for Miletos btw...

And, umm, my project? :p

Finmaster, welcome back! Sure, you can take Danelaw. That said, South Asia is in a much more urgent need for players.
You know what, there seems to be something rotten in Denmark atm like my old pal Bill Shakey would say, so I think I'll follow your advice and head to South Asia instead. ;)

I'll let you know my decision by tomorrow. Now it would be fun to know exactly which nation is which is southern Asia... :confused: and also if there are any PC players in the area...

Powerful south Asian nations include:

Sitavasa High Kingdom, the beige empire in North India
Bangha the Bengali state that owns coastal Burma
Sharamanti Empire the purple South East Asian state
Sunda Ascendency the blueish Indonesian state

There also Prasanna the lavender one in south India and Sri Lanka but they're under attack from many sides.

PC's are just Zhuburu which is Disenfranchised the dark red one in central India (not coastal)

There's also Mahapura Ascendency which is the one in Madagadscar some noob

Aymurtadivpa is Daniel Khan the Phillpene state that own Malaya

To the North is me Tibetan Empire

I have been wondering about something, what colour would the Kipchaks rebels be?

Kipchak rebels? Kipchak is the pink blob north of me, but they are no rebels.

Kipchak rebels? Kipchak is the pink blob north of me, but they are no rebels.

Wah! its not Pink its white for me, am I colour blind to pink or something. Is it a similar pinkish colour to the southern Indian thingy or the Southern France fella those two are kinda pinkish.

Edit: I've also been wondering if it had a capital I thought it was just really decentralised, the capital must be hidden amongst the forts

Wah! its not Pink its white for me, am I colour blind to pink or something. Is it a similar pinkish colour to the southern Indian thingy or the Southern France fella those two are kinda pinkish.

Edit: I've also been wondering if it had a capital I thought it was just really decentralised, the capital must be hidden amongst the forts
It is a lighter pink than either of those two. Try turning down your brightness settings a bit, if I turn up mine a few notches it goes white on me too.

The capitol, if you can't see the white, is the northernmost "fort".

That pink blob will return to Colchisan hands.
But of course.

There's also Mahapura Ascendency which is the one in Madagadscar some noob

Some noob, eh? Not only does the above sentence not make sense and has words missing, but if you're going to call me a noob, at least take the time to look up my name. Call me Frozen In Ice the noob, or that noob named Frozen In Ice, or Frozen In Ice, or "that player I don't know the name of"; just not "some noob."

the one with 23 posts works (I know forum games dont count, but still)

Top Bottom