AFSNES I – The New Dawn

*sigh* Is this any better? Sund-Frisia becomes a Caerixian puppet state or some such, at this point it really doesn't matter. All other terms remain the same, of course.

Attachments

• Redo.gif
    Redo.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 272
The deadline has passed almost an hour ago. I have nine order sets. A new low for this NES, and possibly for all my NESes. So I guess that this would neccessitate moving the deadline to Saturday, because the last time I tried to update without some important order sets (and even then, there were more than nine of them) was less than extremelly unsatisfactory. Mind you, if I get all the important order sets (or resignations) earlier, I'll probably start earlier as well.

If you want to speed things up, go forth and harass people like Disenfrancised, ~Darkening~ and others with important positions, clear activity elsewhere in the forum and noteworthy inactivity in this thread as of late.

My sincere apologies for helping effect this all-time low. Writing (short) orders now.

Yeah, sorry for my orders being short and rather unsatisfactory.

It's something at least.

Orders sent a while ago.

@Chand: Since the Tarekids have been instrumental in the operations, to the point where they have been in charge of the forces from the other nations, I really doubt the Capuans would go against a treaty signed by the Tarekids even if they become NPC. ;)

You led me on with the deadline date :(. I was under the impression it would be after the weekend, so I didn't even realize. I'll do them now. EDIT: orders sent.

orders incoming. fell asleep with them being worked on last night, havent been home or on a computer since.

It is with regret that I must say I can no longer participate in this nes; although it's an excellent one on par with the great neses produced by das in the past, I don't feel as if I have the appropriate time to dedicate to it. I also have to admit that I was never as well... connected to Guangling due to all the changes that occurred prior to the actual "IT" so to speak.

The deadline is here, again. The fact that there still are some fairly important order sets missing is... disconcerting, to say the least. But I'm largely through with waiting for them as of now.

das, I'm really sorry, especially at such a crucial point in the war, but could you NPC me please? Obviously national defense is top priority.

pretty sure i did send orders, but i am away on holiday and don't have time to re-write.. simply continue with previous orders plans if i didnt.

Update VI - Years 726-730 AD

Foreword:

After three decades of unrelenting violence, the world was battered and bruised. Around the glorious battlefields, ignominious misery spread, and in the wake of fallen empires human suffering – material and spiritual - was raised to whole new levels. Yet this ruination did have a bright side to it; the world was now coming to a peace of exhaustion, and that meant a new period of restoration, reconstruction and revival. A new age had come in some places, and was about to reach others as well.

Already, several new empires had arisen, heralding a how-ever-brief era of peace and prosperity. Elsewhere, ofcourse, war raged on all the same…

Domestic Events:

Even as the Andean War entered its culminative phase, the Tiahuanacan Sun-Emperor Intiamru initiated new policies aimed at consolidating prior gains. Financial relief was granted to the war-torn conquered provinces, and work started on a new, centrally-positioned capital – Sisa Llaqta. In a symbolic gesture, the empire’s name was changed to “Antimaqta” (“Andean Empire”).

Much to the incredulity and displeasure of his nobles, Adhaimh mac Lairge, the High King of Hibernia, continued to spend an atrocious amount of the realm’s resources on establishing a colony in “Ichonnacht” (former Eldsland) (-1 Hibernian Confidence). Although over time the minor town of Chanloech did gain a viable population, the overwhelming majority of the Hibernian population had no interest in settling the cold, useless lands. In the meantime, scarcity of both civilians and troops led to the abandonment of several more distant regions of the colony.

Knes Siemowit succeeded in peacefully bringing several other Slavic tribes into the Rzekan confederacy.

With the Hellenic Empire finally properly established, the economy began to recover thanks to Basil’s vigorous measures. Also fortunately, Corcyra and Taras as well as a few lesser Corcyran League members now agreed to join the Empire.

Emperor Oshar of Kohaita formally annexed his immense conquests, creating the New (or the Fifth) Nubian Empire. Assorted reforms were put into place to make this huge realm more manageable; at least temporarily they had paid off, as had the support of many prominent Soba Nubian royals and nobles for the new empire (+2 New Nubian Confidence).

The sheer strain of governing a vast, diverse and geographically-divided empire in the times of war grinded away at the Tibetan Empire over time (-1 Tibetan Bureaucracy, Confidence).

With a truce with Prasanna in place for some time now and the northern part of the “country” at least safe from most potential threats, the Zubhrabhanu Rebel leaders attempted to actually create a nation. Sadly, Varsabhava had died early in 726 from a disease, and few other visionaries had sufficient clout; instead, all attempts to establish a more permanent and stable government had thus far only resulted in more bickering. Still, a “Provisional Governance Council” had been assembled in Dantapura, and some initial measures to stabilise the situation had been taken; there might be hope still (+1 Zubhrabhanu Confidence).

In the culmination of decades of careful and adroit policies, the Priestess-Queen in Fukushima had not only managed to push her nation into the modern age (+1 Education), but also brought about effective cultural (and, perhaps to a lesser extent, political) centralisation (+1 Confidence). Trade flourished as well.

International Events:

Amsur Raet of the Tarekid Amsurate signed the controversial Treaty of Heraklion with the Akkadian Empire and its allies, pulling out of the holy wars that raged for so long in the Eastern Mediterranean and abandoning most of its hard-fought gains (-1 Tarekid Confidence). Although the retreat from Odrysa was, for the most part, surprisingly orderly, the other regions under Tarekid/Ankhed occupation (i.e. the Peloponnesus, Milos and Kithnos) were practically turned over to various local warlords who were quick to align themselves with Arecomos (still in the fight until late 730 at least).

With the death of the militant Eminence Hekaneferos, a new, somewhat more amiable (or perhaps more pragmatic) ecclesiarch came to power – His Eminence Phahem III. Though this was obviously unpopular (-1 Arecoman Confidence), he, unlike his predecessor, proclaimed an intention to reach a temporary truce with the heathen forces in southeastern Europe.

Between themselves, the Agade Dag powers worked out a new order in the Eastern Mediterranean region. The Akkadians, their allies in Paphlagonia (now restored as an Agade Dag Akkadian vassal state, to replace Ghatafania which was now fully annexed into the Eternal Empire), the Hellenes and the Odrysans partitioned Anatolia; the Odrysans annexed Macedonia and Racadonia, but abandoned the Greek territories of the former Delphian Empire to the Hellenes as well. The former Hellenic colony of Joppa was integrated into Najjaria as per the decision of the local magistrate supported by the Dag’Uru in Enlilba (who also annexed the defunct Hellene colonies in southeastern Anatolia unilaterally). All that went fairly well and the Hellenes in particular carried out skilled diplomacy to strengthen relations with their allies (most notably signing a dynastic marriage, trade and alliance agreement with Dag-am-Karung). Enforcing the treaties proved a tad bit more difficult, however (see military events)...

Military Events:

The fighting between the Tepehuani and the opposing coalition winded down gradually. While the coalition forces continued raiding and skirmishing all the way into 730, they were unable (and, by and large, unwilling, their aims in the war being primarily accomplished during the last few years) to mount any truly significant offensive operations. For his part, Atlacatl II gave up on the northern periphery of his empire, fought a defensive campaign in the southeastern frontier and maneuvered his spare forces to gradually crush the assorted rebellions. This strategy paid off quite well; while no chances of reclaiming his namesake’s gains were immediately available, the empire was delivered from the brink of disaster and more recently several lesser provinces had been reclaimed from the coalition.

(-8 Tepehuani regiments, -3 Tepehuani ships, -1 Coban regiment, -3 Zapotec regiments, -2 Zapotec ships)

Tiahuanacans, newly-renamed Antimaqtans, launched a final push to finish off the Pacatnamu after their previous resounding victories. The Mochicans gathered most of their forces at Pacatnamu itself, and were able to fight back several assaults; however, their fixed defense allowed the Antimaqtans to encircle the city itself and put it under a lengthy siege. A decisive campaign was fought on the seas; sallying forth despite its previous defeats, the Antimaqtian navy managed to defeat the separated Pacatnamu naval detachments in a series of engagements, and then moved to blockade the enemy capital itself. Over the course of the following years, a series of convoluted engagements was fought on the land and the sea, but ultimately, with the bloody failure of one last breakout attempt, the exhausted defenders surrendered, allowing the Antimaqtans to advance further north as the northern empire crumbled (its emperor mysteriously gone) and all order disappeared, rebels, barbarians and bandits overwhelming those lands not yet occupied by attackers. Intiamru’s generals had their work cut out for them.

(-Pacatnamu as an independent nation, +10 Pacatnamu ships to Antimaqta, -7 Antimaqtian regiments, -2 Antimaqtian Allillantaqmi regiments, -8 Antimaqtian levy regiments, -8 Antimaqtian ships)

In the aftermath of the fall of Dunfestig and the lackluster showing of his Caerixian allies, King Raegenhere of Sund-Frisia surrendered to King Radulf of Thuringia and ordered his vassals to do so as well. Needless to say, not all of them surrendered, but the unity of the resistance was shattered; in a series of campaigns Rudolf had pacified the north, while the Caerixians half-persuaded and half-coerced the western feudals to swear allegiance to the Telamondesos instead (not without some fighting against individual recalcitrant feudals), leading to an effective partition of Sund-Frisia. By the end of 728 all real resistance to the Thuringians was crushed, despite additional rebellions in former Sachsland. Gaul was at peace, as the concerned powers set about to consolidate their gains, Thuringia in particular having to integrate vast areas as well as quench the dissent at home (+2 Thuringian Area, -1 Thuringian Bureaucracy, +2 Thuringian Population, +10 Thuringian Military Cap, -1 Thuringian Confidence).

(-Sund-Frisia as an independent nation, -2 Caerixian regiments, -3 Thuringian regiments, -1 Thuringian Royal Archer regiment, -1 Thuringian levy regiment)

With the semi-conclusion of the Mediterranean holy wars, the Tarekids focused on defending their Iberian territories, bringing back their own forces and securing (how ever limited) Numidian military assistance. In contrast to the aggressive campaigning of the previous few years, the Tarekids, wisened by their losses, focused on fighting a campaign of flexible defense just south of the Tagus Valley, beating several lesser Teutonic-Caerixian incursions and ultimately ambushing, encircling and destroying a sizeable enemy force on the Asifana[1] in 728. Though this did not stop the incursions – indeed, the Tarekid neglect of their coastal defenses allowed for a Pictish expedition to eventually make major gains in Lusitania – it did greatly reduce the enemy offensive capacity. Therefore the Tarekids felt confident enough to launch a major offensive against the Brukters; the divided feudal armies were usually beaten with relative ease, but the invasion of Brukterland itself made only limited gains before bogging down in the face of powerful enemy fortifications and regrouped, well-motivated forces. The Burgundians – who were persuaded to invade from the north – had actually succeeded in advancing beyond the Pyrenees in a stroke of good luck, but likewise fell short of taking the Brukter capital. In the meantime, the Tarekids sent most of their armies into the Tagus Valley, seeking to prevent any further attacks from the eastern parts at least; the resultant Battle of Anitorgis was something of a draw tactically, with the Tarekids holding the field but later having to fall back anyway (for logistical reasons, largely) but strategically it succeeded in thwarting any plans for a new major offensive, having created a new viable threat to the hypothetic flank of the already-wary Tigranists. The war had officially ran out of steam, as neither side was able or willing to launch any decisive offensives.

(-3 Pictish regiments, -2 Caerixian regiments, -1 Caerixian SirlenKenget regiment, -7 Tarekid regiments, -8 Tarekid levy regiments, -2 Tarekid Ankhed regiments, -10 Teutonic regiments, -4 Burgundian regiments, -7 Teutonic levy regiments, -3 Brukter regiments, -11 Brukter levy regiments, -2 Numidian regiments)

While the Tarekids recovered well enough from their previous defeats, Capua, bereft of any practical assistance until it became too late, saw a bad situation get this much worse. After his previous string of defeats, King Numa III fell to pieces, and his lieutenants and courtiers were unable to regain the initiative amidst their squabblings. In the meantime, with the help of Lughenburger heavy cavalry, the Ligurians established full control over the northern countryside, defeating several lesser Capuan units in detail and cutting Populonia off from Capua. While a large Capuan force was ready to stand to the last at Populonia, the main Ligurian and Lughenburger forces swiftly moved to Capua instead, besieging the capital. They were joined by an expeditionary force from the Adriatic coast Agade Dag city-states, and managed to secure the undergarrisoned port cities of Hormiai and Apoikia [2] as forward strongholds. At this point, the Capuans attempted a serious sally/relief attempt; in the end, the Battle on the Volturnus was a resounding victory for the invaders, largely thanks to their ultimate advantage in cavalry (although it all was quite close-ran). The following siege was lengthy, as the Ligurian hopes of cracking the Capuan walls with a quick furious barrage with assorted siege weaponry proved ill-founded. But inevitably, the city ran out of supplies and had to surrender; Numa III, ill and babbling, was cut down in his throne room, but didn’t seem to notice it (apart from the dying) (+1 Ligurian banked eco. point from looting). Although the Kingdom of Capua ceased to exist at this point, the war wasn’t exactly over; General Lucius Cinna, with his respectable host of loyalists in control over Populonia and the fleet, declared himself King Lucius I, while a belated Arecoman relief force ended up occupying the southernmost regions with support from both the local feudals and the population (+5 Arecoman levy regiments). The sea war with the Populonians continued indecisively, and the Arecomans were halted but not routed south of Pompeii (the southernmost city under Ligurian control).

(-Capua as an independent nation, -8 Ligurian regiments, -6 Ligurian Sons of Belenu, -14 Ligurian levy regiments, -9 Ligurian ships, -3 Lughenburger regiments, -2 Arecoman regiments)

While holding the Danish and Rzekan forces at bay, the Latgallians were also forced to fight off a fresh series of revolts, especially as several unsecured, newly-conquered regions simply fell away from Latgallia, the local tribes easily overwhelming the minor garrisons and negligible colonies. The establishment of a provisional capital in Alytus allowed for the restoration of some semblance of order and unity in the central territories, but despite several later campaigns the northeast was largely lost. The Slavic rebels in the southeast were beaten decisively in several battles, but while resistance was beheaded the Latgallians were once again unable to reestablish control over the Slavic regions for the lack of any real government infrastructure or potential strongholds in the area. Temporarily giving up on those territories, the Latgallians focused on defending the western lands; while their forces in Pommerania were crushed, the Rzekans thankfully were unwilling to launch any serious northwards offensives and thus the defenders were able to further concentrate on the Danish menace. Memele was ultimately recaptured (not before being sacked by the retreating Danes), and several Danish attacks on major Latgallian cities were beaten back; that said, the Latgallians were fully unable to stop the devastating raids on the coastlands and the near-coastal countryside (-1 Latgallian Infrastructure, +1 Danish banked eco. point).

(-6 Latgallian regiments, -8 Latgallian levy regiments, -8 Danish regiments, -2 Danish ships, -1 Rzekan regiment)

Even though the Tarekids – and most of the Ankhed fleet – had withdrawn from the eastern Mediterranean, the fighting in the various theatres there raged on for some time more. The Hellenic struggles against the pirates (often enough resulting in said pirates being allowed to join the Hellenic fleet instead - +11 Hellenic ships) was soon overshadowed by a new effort of the Ashaists to seize the initiative, as His Eminence Hekaneferos I sent the greater part of the Arecoman land and naval forces to reinforce the assorted Ashaist city-states and warlords in Greece and Anatolia, while also helping negotiate the Argolite Coalition between said city-states, warlords and the Miletean Theocracy. Thus by the beginning of 727 the pro-Akkadian powers were suddenly confronted by a new Ashaist alliance; it was no longer capable of causing much serious harm, but still had the potential of seriously delaying the rise of the new world order. The Miletean and Arecoman fleets even managed to defeat the Odrysan fleet quite thoroughly, although the Hellenes scored a crushing victory in 728 at Khios and, in coordination with several other allied fleets, finished off the Arecoman eastern expeditionary fleet off the shores of Cyprus next year. This brief naval supremacy of the Ankh further delayed Agade Dag progress, however, as did the stubborn resistance of Argolite forces in Anatolia and the Peloponnesus even when the Akkadian and Hellenic forces fighting in the former were joined by long-delayed Odrysan reinforcements. Ultimately, a mixture of naval supremacy (leading to commercial blockade) and adroit diplomacy persuaded the remaining city-states of Anatolia to surrender to the Hellenic Empire, while the inland feudals were crushed just like the uncooperative Paphlagonian warlords before them during the Akkadian pacification campaign of 726-728 (no need to go into detail there – the Akkadians and their local allies beat warlord after warlord without much trouble, and generally succeeded in restoring some semblance of order in a thoroughly broken land). The assorted Aegean islands were subjugated after the Battle of Cyprus, but Argolis and Kratopolis remained as Argolite strongpoints for longer still, despite the immense suffering involved. Ultimately, Kratopolis succumbed to plague and starvation; with the death of the Hierophant himself, the defenders surrendered after well over a decade of on-and-off sieging. The walls of Argolis were less resilient; they were breached, and the Arecoman and local defenders perished in a glorious yet futile last stand. With that, peace more or less dawned, although the aftereffects of countryside devastation, famine, spreading plague, rampant banditry and evidently-endemic piracy were here to stay for many years more at the least. Likewise, the conquered Ashaist populations were scarcely happy with their lot in most cases.

(-Argolite Coalition as a coherent organisation, -Miletean Theocracy as an independent polity, -9 Odrysan regiments, -6 Odrysan levy regiments, -9 Odrysan ships, -4 Hellenic regiments, -7 Hellenic ships, -9 Hellenic Catadromii ships, -3 Akkadian regiments, -12 Arecoman regiments, -7 Arecoman levy regiments, -27 Arecoman ships, -2 Paphlagonian levy regiments, -4 Najjarian ships)

The Tarekid-occupied islands of Khios and Ikaria rapidly fell into anarchy in the absence of Tarekid troops.

While many of his relatives now sided with Emperor Oshar, Prince Aksu of Soba continued his campaign of resistance in the southwestern corner of Nubia, refusing several offers of amnesty. It lasted until 728, when his forces were finally decisively beaten at Rumbek, leading to the collapse of anti-Kohaitan resistance.

(-1 New Nubian regiment)

Slowly but surely, the Akkadians continued to make progress against the Khalidids. While maintaining their defenses in a constant war of skirmishes, raids and counter-raids, the Akkadians also managed to launch occasional major attacks; with help from their fleet they secured the Ur Gulf coastline, and, reinforced by the Kipchaks, they established a stronger presence in central Arabia s well. As always, all of this is not without its cost, but even in that regard the Akkadians had been doing better than one might have expected. The Raisdom, however, had demonstrated an unnerving viability, as before; perhaps it might break soon, but to the Akkadian commanders it seemed as if it could just as easily fight on forever… Still, to a trained eye the damage is observable.

(-4 Akkadian regiments, -3 Akkadian Turk Cavalry regiments, -3 Akkadian levy regiments, -3 Kipchak regiments, -14 Khalidid regiments, -7 Khalidid levy regiments)

Elu’s Nisans, joined by an Akkadian expeditionary corps, fought in several additional campaigns following Elu’s previous pacification formula. As several additional warlords and tribes were defeated (and/or, in some not-so-rare cases, persuaded to swear allegiance to Nisa peacefully - +10 Nisan levy regiments), Tusuan’s dream of uniting Central Asia seemed to have come true. Still, conquering an empire and consolidating it are entirely different things, and some courtiers and Akkadian diplomats had been alarmed by Elu’s increasing tendency to wholly neglect political affairs and concentrate on increasingly-irrelevant campaigns on the northern frontier (-1 Nisan Confidence).

(-1 Akkadian regiment, -6 Nisan regiments, -3 Nisan levy regiments)

The Prasannan War went on with no clear end in sight; while the Prasannans were still clearly losing, they were doing so painfully slowly. The Sharmathai attack on Old Malaya was parried, and elsewhere on the land a bitter stalemate held with neither side willing to budge or advance. On the seas, the Prasannans kept attacking smaller and/or weaker detachments when such rare opportunities appeared, while painstakingly avoiding decisive confrontations with the Sundanese-Ayutamradvipan armada. The wide oceans, the presence of multiple different supply routes, the maneuverability of Indic ships and other factors prevented decisive engagements, albeit occasional skirmishes did occur. For the most part, however, it was all a game of cat and mouse.

(-3 Prasannan regiments, -17 Prasannan ships, -6 Sharmathai regiments, -5 Sharmathai ships, -4 Ayutamradvipan ships, -7 Sundanese ships)

The “Khitan Civil War” had stalled, neither side willing to press on further; the assorted northern tribes had lost what little coordination they usually had and now pretty much fell back into their old tribal lifestyle, while the Turgulids focused on holding what they had gained and spreading the faith. A few skirmishes and rebellions had occurred, but the losses were negligible.

With the previous death of the Nanyangese Emperor and the apparent assassination of Lord-Protector Yun Nan-sun, the Chinese cause in the Tibetan War was greatly weakened (-1 Guanglingese, Nanyangese Confidence); to make things worse, the refugee crisis, the chaos at the Haijing court and the political squabbling in post-Yun Nan-sun Guangling all coincided with a general economic crisis in part caused by the war in Southeast Asia as well as toughening Jomonese competition and the strain of the war. Tibet, in the meantime, was not much better off; it was suffering from a severe overstretch, communication difficulties and an increasingly-troubled economy. Still, the Tibetans were in a slightly better shape than the Chinese, and perhaps most importantly they retained a coherent, unified strategy for far longer than their opponents did. Over the course of the next five years (sometimes called the Five Years of Infamy in Chinese sources), the Tibetans launched their final master offensive. More than anything else it was well-aimed; overstretched and crumbling due to the aforementioned refugee crisis, Nanyang was being kept somewhat afloat by the Vietnamese Breadbasket, but, for political and strategic reasons, had to keep its forces concentrated in the central parts of the empire instead. Persuaded that the Tibetan final offensive would be aimed at Haijing like before by a persistent series of raids, the Nanyangese had dangerously neglected the Vietnamese direction. Although there still was a fair amount of troops there, they were, in their divided state, easily outnumbered by the elite Tibetan forces that launched their southwards rampage in early 727. Garrison after garrison was uprooted, city after city was burned; what reinforcements arrived came too late, and the rebellions were mostly ineffectual as well. The attackers destroyed everything worth destroying and turned back north, leaving anarchy in their wake and taking lots of loot with them (+1 Tibetan banked eco.).

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back; a severe famine in the last intact regions of Nanyang led to a swift devolution into anarchy, and Haijing, likewise overwhelmed by refugees, soon followed as well. Radical neo-Sunfucianists used the opportunity to launch a revolution in the “Capital of the Sea”, slaying the Emperor (although most of the Imperial Family was rescued by an allied Sundanese warship). The Nanyangese military was quick to fall apart after that, though a major contingent ended up joining the Guanglingese (10 regiments from Nanyang to Guangling). Guangling was doing much better than Nanyang, but still, riots and intrigues at home were a major handicap, while in the west, the Tibetan positions turned out to be nigh-impregnable. Starting with 729 (just as Nanyang fell apart), the Tibetans went on the offensive; although the Guanglingese forces managed to hold the line in the Battle of Quxian, it was a pyrrhic victory, with the Tibetans soon seizing the strategic city of Hanzhong in the north through deceit. Afterwards the Chinese defenders successfully fell back and regrouped to the east, but as new forces arrived for the Tibetans (and despite the immense logistical troubles and attrition losses), the tides of war refused to turn; sure, the Guanglingese defeated the poorly-supplied (and assassination-ridden) Tibetan advance in a series of engagements over the course of 730, but not before Jiang, the capital of the fallen Ba Empire, was taken and burned by the westerners. Quxian had to be abandoned as well (it, too, was burned in revenge), and even as the Tibetan advance in Ba was halted both sides were forced to move the war into former Nanyang as well. Although Tibet might still fail to win this war, a true defeat for it now seemed impossible.

(-Nanyang as a coherent polity, -18 Tibetan regiments, -16 Tibetan levy regiments, -6 Tibetan Tenzin regiments, -12 Guanglingese regiments, -7 Guanglingese levy regiments, -1 Guanglingese Renmin Bing regiment)

Random Events:

Great prosperity and other factors ushered in a major demographic boom in the Zapotec cities (+1 Population, +5 Army Cap).

Extreme degrees of corruption and negligence continued to take their toll off the Coban bureaucracy (-1 Bureaucracy, -1 Confidence).

Special Bonuses:

Most Thorough Diplomatic Orders: Akkad (+influence bonus).

Most Adroit Political Moves: Antimaqta (+1 Confidence).

NPC Diplo:

To: Tarekid Amsurate

I humbly ask you to accept my feudal allegiance and to send forces to rescue your humble Capuan vassals from the Ligurians.

To: Liguria

If you allow the Ashaists in your newly-conquered lands to retain their full freedom of worship and abandon all claims to the southern Capuan fiefs, there shall be peace and I shall recognise your reign over Italy.

To: Signatories of the Treaty of Heraklion

We formally recognise and accept this treaty.

To: Sunda, Ayutamradvipa, Sharmathai

We propose a peace at present borders; clearly neither side is capable of altering them to any significant degree without far more significant expenditure.

OOC:

[1] Asifana=OTL Guadiana.

[2] Apoikia=OTL Naples. Owes its name to Tartessian unimaginativeness coupled with fondness for Greek words; this was the main Tartessian colony in Italy, and so was eventually named “Apoikia”, which, ofcourse, is Greek for “colony”.

In the face of most events winding down and some player loss, I am inclined to suggest a (brief) hiatus and a BT update (not a terribly long one, mind you). I’m open to suggestions, but right now the NES seems deadish and in need of some refreshment for revival, perhaps.

Abaddon, care to elaborate on “trade”?

shortguy, you can’t start a new project on the same turn you finish the previous one.

For the record, yes, it IS late over here. ;)

Attachments

• AFSNES I Map 730 AD.GIF
    AFSNES I Map 730 AD.GIF
    106.2 KB · Views: 189
Top Bottom