After 200 Turns on standard speed some AIs still have arround 20 sience per turn... King difficulty

2) How does one see how much Science the AI's have? Yeah, I am having many issues finding stuff with a rather clunky (to me) and quite unfamiliar UI.
It can be seen in the Victory Overview (left button in the top-right corner)'s general overview tab, by hovering over the leader icons.

Yeah you can see how much science per turn and how many techs they have in the victory screen.
Btw does the Ai get an 2 Settler on Emporer? I read it somewhere..

It's easy to say "well it's their problem, I payed full price". You also payed for an all-new engine, new and unique civs, tons of new mechanics, etc.

Like I said, you have every right to complain about the AI not being perfect, but don't pretend you know the intricacies of creating AAA games by a launch date.

Again, it's not my problem to figure out the numbers. Firaxis advertised a AAA title and charged AAA title price. I expect a AAA title. I don't have to know the intricacies of creating a game to know what to expect from a game.

Besides, I'm tired of the "AI is hard" argument. Yes, AI is hard. But, community modders sure did make the Civ V a whole lot better than Firaxis ever did. So, better AI is possible. I do fully expect Firaxis to improve on the AI in the next few patches.

OP, are you sure you didn't get lucky and end up playing against culture/military/religious AI that were ignoring science victories?

I've had games on Emperor where AI completely ignored culture and rushed science, and other games where Japan ignored science and won by culture (even though I also tried culture and maxed it out). On Emperor I constantly have to deal with units 1-2 eras above my own military if I don't get to a very good start.

OP, are you sure you didn't get lucky and end up playing against culture/military/religious AI that were ignoring science victories?

I've had games on Emperor where AI completely ignored culture and rushed science, and other games where Japan ignored science and won by culture (even though I also tried culture and maxed it out). On Emperor I constantly have to deal with units 1-2 eras above my own military if I don't get to a very good start.

Does the Ai get a 2nd settler on Emperor?
They arent as good in Culture too maybe they all had just bad starts dont know..

Isnt a 2nd settler kinda hardcore for just the 6 Diffculty? o.O
i mean the Ai does forward settle like crazy. :/

I agree with the OP that this is underpowered for King, but I'm curious how often it happens. In my Prince game they're higher than that.

I also agree that if the game is too easy for you, move up in difficulty, natch :)

Same on Immortal according to this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ai-far-behind-in-tech-on-immortal.602881/

In V we had the mechanics with tech getting cheaper when researched by others but not in VI. It seems to me that some weaker AI:s really fall behind because of it. Some just fail because they lack strategic resources and still got warriors in industrial era. Game is fresh and needs balancing.

The same happens on Deity.

Yes, there will be 1-2 civs with decent science and culture, but there will be a few with really poor science and culture too.

Because of the bonuses you might not catch up to them until late game, though, in terms of tech numbers.

The same happens on Deity.

Yes, there will be 1-2 civs with decent science and culture, but there will be a few with really poor science and culture too.

Because of the bonuses you might not catch up to them until late game, though, in terms of tech numbers.

You clearly need to be playing on Ultra Super Mega Diety+++ then. The AI is totally fine. :p

Top Bottom