1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

After all the arguements, there is De Gaulle!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by diablodelmar, Jun 20, 2007.

1. diablodelmar

diablodelmar no comment

After much controversial "Oh yes he is" and "oh no he isn't" type arguements, we can confirm that De Gaulle is a new Leader for the French.

It's a pity the Spanish aren't getting a new leader, though. They are underrepresented in this game. Oh well.

2. sneaky

sneaky Chieftain

It is a pity Spain isn't getting another leader. On the other hand, the best candidates, Charles I and Philip II, have pretty much the same character as Isabella. I am not sure how they could give them different traits.

3. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

I'm sad, because if Charles de Gaulle can be in, Dan Quayle can. He was horrible..:(

The Spanish, Arabs and Scandinavians all should have been put in front of line of Charles. My oh my.

4. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

5. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

How old are you ?

I understand you could consider that a third leader for France is too much, but considering De Gaulle as horrible and comparing him with some kind of unknown guy who apparently according to wikipedia even failed to run for his own country's presidential election doesn't make your opinion very valuable.

6. Churchill's Hat

Churchill's Hat Mortal

A lot of civs are underrepresented, and, unfortunately, Firaxis thinks its a better idea to put in 3 leaders for some civs than to add another leader to a one-leader civ. If we got rid of Stalin, Lincoln, Churchill, and De Gaulle, we could have another leader for Japan, Spain, Arabia and Scandinavia.

7. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

The funny story is that all of the 4 civilizations having three leaders are nowadays both official nuclear powers and permanent members of the UN security council. The only one remaining with 2 being China.

Did that unconsciously influenced Firaxis in its choice ? :p

8. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

Hmm nuclear power is a big acheivement for a civilization, at least in the early days when scientists had to figure it out, not like now when you can buy the help from Russia :p

9. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Chieftain

They need to save the Japanese and Spanish leaders for the third XP. Perhaps. And De Gaulle was a decent leader.

10. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

Oh yes he was a good person in power post WW2 with his efforts on social and commercial enterprizes. But that just does not compare to the Civs in the game who only have 1 leader (Apart from Zulu, Aztec, Incas)