After game statistics and score

Bkeela

Warlord
I'm wondering if this will be the first Civ iteration to have some kind of satisfying after game statistics and a score that matters.

For example, I kept statistics on my own Civ IV performance - I liked to know my win/loss ratio, quickest victory time, most cities in a game, highest population, etc. I was inspired by Alpha Centauri, which from what I remember, had a similar, in game feature in the hall of fame section.

It would also be nice to have a score that wasn't skewed towards wide play, but recognised and rewarded efficient play. And I think it would be cool to have some kind of leaderboard to measure yourself against.

That's all.

I definitely agree on the score issue. A science victory on Diety should have a higher score than a domination victory on King. Sure, the domination victory game will have more land, wonders, cities, etc than the Diety win, but which was the more challenging win? The HoF score should reflect that.

I'm wondering if this will be the first Civ iteration to have some kind of satisfying after game statistics and a score that matters.

For example, I kept statistics on my own Civ IV performance - I liked to know my win/loss ratio, quickest victory time, most cities in a game, highest population, etc. I was inspired by Alpha Centauri, which from what I remember, had a similar, in game feature in the hall of fame section.

It would also be nice to have a score that wasn't skewed towards wide play, but recognised and rewarded efficient play. And I think it would be cool to have some kind of leaderboard to measure yourself against.

That's all.

All civs have had a hall of fame type leaderboard but I agree stats would be fantastic. The more the merrier.

I still miss improving my palace\throne room as an indicator. It would be nice to have more elements to the score, and make them more clear. I mean how is literacy calculated, or approval rating (somehow all the civs get those very high)?

I agree stats would be fantastic. The more the merrier.

I'm expecting lots of post-game statistics and lots of information during the game too.

Civ5 started with nothing at all - the replay etc was added later in a patch. It was never as good as previously in civ4.

I really hope they at least make it better than the current civ5 after-game stats + replay.

Was it civ4 that had the replay where you saw a strategic map and watched dots for new cities and watched borders shift as civs expanded and conquered each other? Maybe that was civ3? I can't remember.

I still miss improving my palace\throne room as an indicator. It would be nice to have more elements to the score, and make them more clear. I mean how is literacy calculated, or approval rating (somehow all the civs get those very high)?

The literacy is based directly on number of techs researched, but is 0 until you research writing. The approval rating is based on total happiness.

The literacy is based directly on number of techs researched, but is 0 until you research writing. The approval rating is based on total happiness.

I suspected it is, but than has nothing to do with literacy really.

Top Bottom