after how long will paused production decay?

Pumabear

Chieftain
I have a question.

If I start working on a building and after a while change production to something else, after how many turns will the building start to decay? Does anyone know that?

And how many turns for units?

(on marathon)

Ten turns on normal. So I would assume you multiply by the 3 for marathon and get 30 turns until it starts to decay.

I thought that was removed in Civ IV..

Copying from this thread:
All things in a city's production queue that already have hammers invested but are not on top of the queue to receive the hammers of the current turn will have their decay-timer increased by 1 after that turn.
If the timer surpasses the decay threshold the item will lose hammers every turn that it is not on top of the queue until all hammers are gone, then the timer is reset.

Global Defines xml has:

<DefineName>BUILDING_PRODUCTION_DECAY_TIME</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
<DefineName>BUILDING_PRODUCTION_DECAY_PERCENT</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>99</iDefineIntVal>

<DefineName>UNIT_PRODUCTION_DECAY_TIME</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal>
<DefineName>UNIT_PRODUCTION_DECAY_PERCENT</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>98</iDefineIntVal>

So Buildings and WONDERS are decaying after 50 "idle" turns with NewHammers = RoundDown(0.99*OldHammers).
Units are decaying after 10 "idle" turns with NewHammers = RoundDown(0.98*OldHammers).

There is no scaling for game speed!!! The AI does not suffer from hammer decay.
"Refresh turns" don't work, decay will proceed after such turns, once it has begun. Items will then need to be completed without taking them from the top of the queue in order to avoid loss of hammers.

Really.... I didn't know that!!

Is this for BtS too? This will (slightly) change my game-play.

That said... 30 turns is quite alot to wait... and that will only normally wipe off 1 turn of production...

^I have no idea about Warlords or Vanilla Civ, but this is how it works in BTS. What do you mean by 30 turns? It's 10 turns for units and 50 turns for buildings and wonders, no matter if you play a Quick or a Marathon game.

No amnesia in BTS. AFAIK the setbacks random events are the only way you might lose beakers for partially researched technologies.

Top Bottom