1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

After the Launch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

2. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

_-_-_​
    -_-​

This is a 2 Part Game

Part One Constructing the Ship(s)

The Map; Just large enough for players to be able to build their Space Ship. (size of map depends on interesterd players)
    All players begin with the ability to begin Construction of it and a few other things. (things that could slow or worsen, another players chance of completing their ship)
    This part of the game is short (however long it takes to build SEVEN ships), this victory condition disabled to allow others to continue their builds.

Gameplay thoughts

The 1st to build their Spaceship gets first pick of the 7 available Leaders/Factions in Planet Fall

Eclipse4449;----Ragner of the Vikings
    Nighthawk;-----Ghandi of India
    Imp. Knoedel;---Lincoln of America
    (Tigranes replaces)Natuland[deceased];--Fredrick of Germany
    Michkov;-------Pascal of Maya
    Hercules90;----Peter of Russia
    (Alvarez replaces)olivertownshend;- Joao II of Portugal

Game Launched 1/2/2013

Imp. Knoedel Launched (2002AD) and lands (2008AD)1st place Zhakarov of the University of Planet
    (9/2014
    Nighthawk419 Launched (2004AD) and lands 2010AD 2nd place UN Peacekeeping Forces
    Hercules90 Launched 2005AD) turns to land?
    TIgranes Launched (2006AD) turns to land?
    Eclipse Launched (2010AD) turns to land?
    Michkov Launched
    Alvarez Launched

3. sohleks

sohleks Prince

Interesting. But is just getting a leader pick in planetfall that much of an advantage? The idea successive games is a neat though. I've never played it so forgive me if I'm just being massively ignorant.

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Held for misc.

5. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Very nice concept!!! :goodjob:

I was tempted to try it but I'm currently in a few PBEM's so this could be too much for me to handle... but it's a real good idea!

6. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Eclipse - sign me up!

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Dito, I played already some games with this mod and I think a PBEM with it would be great, making a two-parter like this is ingenious.

8. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

FYI - I'll be making the map for Part 1 so that everyone has an even/fair start. I'll wait for Eclipse to post more details about his idea but the thought is for each player to have a fairly advanced city at the start. Otherwise building parts and researching advanced techs would take forever if you had to start with a pop 1 city...

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

This is Awesome thanks guys!
    And Thank You Mitchum!

Yes the hope is that this is a short scenario, as long as it take to get 7 Players launched. You be given an area adequate for the task and equal to all.

At this point I hope to here your opinions and knowledge of this kind of Project

As you can see these parts are expensive and I have noticed an issues, a few of these parts are limited to 2 or 5 allowed. If there is only 2 engines allowed to be built, I am struck down before we even get started (unless the limited pieces are prebuilt in the city and there is only 4 parts for us to build. Is this possible?

I will do my best to keep all the information regarding Part 1 and Part 2 in the first 2 Posts and this post later Edited to be FAQ and Rules

If this most recent discovery can be handled and we move on, here is what you can expect;

1) You will be fully engaged on the first turn, you will need to setup your strategy firmly on the first turn and either build your first ship part, a defensive, an offensive unit, a worker for tweaking your surroundings or a building that will upgrade your chances.

2) You will feel the other players and see them very soon! They all will not be very far away, so pillaging and the effects of War could be huge factors here.

3) Your City can not be Razed, but it can be taken (the Later not recommended because we are looking for players in the ND game(Maybe Tech Brokering can be allowed for payment of Life or gold payment, really there's a lot that can be done)

4) Player enthusiasm will be high because this is unique scenario and only very interested players will want to play, these players want to play Planet Fall and they can load and are playing Planet Fall to familiarize themselves with it

10. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

11. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

@ Eclipse

The numbers listed in your table are the number of parts required for each Civ in order to launch their ship. That number does not imply that only 2 SS Engines can be built in the entire game. On top of that, you can chose to build either 1 or 2 SS Engines. If you build 2, your space ship arrives sooner. You can also chose to build fewer or more SS Thrusters and SS Casings.

Please see this article to understand the spaceship build requirements, travel times and success %.

12. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

YEAH!! That is great news!
    If the right buildings are placed in the city how many sheilds can ultimately be produced in a single turn?

I'm extremely stoked that there is interest here, I think players will be more interested in Part 1 than Part 2 because its focus, Like a Always War Game you know what you are in for.

13. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

So what sounds better?
    1) everyone relately close together on 1 landmass

or

2) each player has their own small island (Islands relatively close together)

14. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

My vote is for #2... makes for a more realistic scenario as to why we would have 7 civs all landing on a planet relatively at the same time.

15. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Oh, no this was meant for Part 1.
    Should we be in reach by land or add the strategy of Sea power to interact with the other players?

Planet Fall will behave like any other generated map the only difference other than the terrain is the barbarians which are called Native Lifeforms. The get mad at you if you dig mines and stuff unless you have the Faction/Leader that negates this. This is like a score, if your above zero the Native Life will largely ignore or join you but if you terraform the planet to wreap it's benefits they will come!

16. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I´m for the island scenario.

17. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Yes I still vote island... i meant that for part 1. its more realistic that a world of islands would end up with 7 civs that are racing to leave the planet!

18. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

I set up a quick test city this weekend. A size 21 city with plenty of resources, buildings and improved tiles was going to take 46 turns to research Satellites (7800:science:) and 35 turns to complete the Apollo Program.

So, either you guys should plan on part 1 of this game taking more than just a 100 turns or I'll need to start each civ with at least a 3-city empire to speed things up a bit.

My original thinking was to give each player one well-developed city, a worker or three, a settler, a few defensive units, a few scouting units, and a few pre-improved tiles scattered around the island so that the second city (and possibly more should the player decide to expand before building the ship) would get off the ground quickly. I think this would lead to a fun game with many different ways to play and it would provide more separation between the finishing dates.

If the goal is just to finish this first part quickly to get on to Part 2, then I'll need to re-think my original plan.

I think this first part of the game sounds fun so if I were playing, I'd vote for something along the lines of my original plan. But... I'm just the map maker. Let me know what you guys want and I'll do the best to set up a fun scenario.

19. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

i'm fine with part 1 taking a little while, but its up to everyone else. i'm down for whatever

20. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

You seem to always have good news! I like the idea of islands but I hope everyone agrees these islands should be relatively close and if you sail East away from them you wrap to the West

Everything about this statement is great. The Settler, Workers and tile improvements will help speed the game on, It may not speed the SS but will free you up to build other things :) I think when there is more strategy involved there will be more enjoyment.

I wanted to add a bit of background to this idea, it works whether its islands or anything else. The Players involved here have been selected by their Nations because there is limited room on the "Unity", 7 to be exact. You have been selected in truth because of your Idealism (Warrior, Science Minded, Religion, Economic, Planet Freindly, and Peace Loving Diplomat). This is important in several ways, Great attention to Details will get your ship built the fastest and if you are the first which idealism will you choose? Who will be Second and what will they choose? These Factions are heavily focused on this idealism and are fairly weak in almost everything else. What I mean is that these Leaders compliment themselves if they are freinds on "Chiron", imagine being the Planet freindly(zero maintanence for Strong Native Units) Allied with the Scientist who could assist in paying for science shared or the Economist pays the Warmonger for portection. Everyone of them fit together with imagination. But who places 1st, 2nd and so on gets there choices and further diversity occurs. Planet Falls is not just new graphics and units, it really focuses on your particular trait but offers all of the Empire Building we Love and a Tech Tree that is so Diverse you'll need a plan!

Any way I wrote this because Planet Fall Is Ultimately where I want us to go and I know some will not be to interested in Part 2. Yet if giving the chance it might be far more than you considered.

Thank you Guys!