[R&F] After Update Cannot Send Trade Routes [SOLVED]

sbadude

Chieftain
After the September Update, I can no longer initiate trade routes. After I get my first trader, I can click the unit and pull up the list of possible trade routes. After selecting a city I wish to trade with, the "Begin" button does not work. I can just keep clicking and clicking. I have tried new games, different cities to trade with, skipping a turn for the unit, restarting my computer, updating steam, etc. Nothing has fixed the issue.

Also, with the trade routes menu pulled up, I cannot even use the red "x" button to exit the menu. I have to select another unit or press "skip turn" in the bottom right with the trader selected.

I run no mods. Please fix or help.

Can you post a save file? Are you continuing a game that began before the latest patch, or is it a new post-patch game?

These have been new games.

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
This save game states that it requires something called Gaia Map Script, which, according to the Steam Workshop, hasn't been updated since May 2019, which is two patches ago. Don't know if that is the source of the problem, but does your trade route problem also occur in a no-mod, no-map-script game?

EDIT: I downloaded Gaia Map Script and loaded the save. I was able to send a trade route to any of Canberra, Hong Kong and Mohenjo Daro, without any issues.

Last edited:
This save game states that it requires something called Gaia Map Script, which, according to the Steam Workshop, hasn't been updated since May 2019, which is two patches ago. Don't know if that is the source of the problem, but does your trade route problem also occur in a no-mod, no-map-script game?

EDIT: I downloaded Gaia Map Script and loaded the save. I was able to send a trade route to any of Canberra, Hong Kong and Mohenjo Daro, without any issues.

I will try with any ancillary mods uninstalled and see if i can recreate this in a fresh game.

Update: I believe this was an issue with the Steam Workshop mod ConciseUI. Once uninstalled, trade routes act as normal.

Top Bottom