1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

After years of playing, what new things have you found in Civ 4?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ZeekLTK, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ArchGhost

ArchGhost Prince

I'm 100% sure this is already known by you regulars, but anyway...

Non-hostile units moving into your cities under open borders give MP happiness under hereditary rule. In the game I'm playing right this second Izzy has a couple units in my border city + my single EDIT: Chariot (not warrior) garrison for a total of +3 "military presence impresses us."

Neato.

2. Ringo Kid

Ringo Kid Prince

The other day I tried a game as the French, don't recall plying them before. I found I liked the musketeers. Similar function as Curassiers sp? , but you get them a bit earlier so the bad guys are weaker. Fun.

3. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

While playing as Portugal, I have noticed an issue with Domestic Advisor screen. When I select multiple cities in order to mass-build, Braganza always gets ignored. Might be that it has something to do with Portugal having another similarly named city - Braga. Maybe the game uses partial matching by city name in the Domestic Advisor screen for some weird reason.

Renaming Braganza to something else will eliminate the issue...until founding a new city which the game insists to be named yet again as Braganza.

I have seen similar thing in RFC Europe mod also while playing as Germany and having 2 similarly named cities - Frankfurt and Frankfurt an der Oder.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  4. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Go in and remove the city name from the list so it won't keep reassigning it.

5. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

Removing a city name from the list is something that can only be done manually by editing a configuration file, I guess?

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

But you only have to do it once and then never worry about it again.