After years of playing, what new things have you found in Civ 4?

You have to have another unit there, and that unit will also become a GG but will only get the other 10 points.

Okay, that makes sense. Weird you can't further upgrade a GG-ed unit though. Doesn't it say "Gives 20XP to units in the tile" or something to that effect?

In any case, I prefer to create a new GG. Have two supermedics is never a bad thing, especially as I like to wage war from two directions, provided I have overwhelming force.

Remember there are people that will use one to put EPs to a handful of units to get promos for insta heals when desperate.

By the end I'll usually have made a handful of GGs. One for each attack stack and then the couple that I will lose. I'll usually have 4 or 5 attack stacks going.

While true in practice, Medic III does not provide healing for adjacent squares; it's the Medic II promotion that does that. But you're not going to get Medic III without Medic II.

Now the best is to get a super-duper medic by having a unit with both Woodsman III and Medic III; that one will heal 30% in its square (and surrounding squares).

Actually, Medic III provides healing in both the current and adjacent squares. It stacks with Medic I & II, so you get 25% healing in both current and adjacent. It also stacks with Woods III, so you can get 40% in the current and 25% in adjacent squares.

Even if I'm reasonably conservative with mine I'll usually lose a 96% before I get them that high.
I very rarely attack with my supermedic below 99% odds. Although sometimes I'll loose one while defending.

I usually try to get a starting warrior to WIII by fighting barbs, then bring him back to civilization to hide until I produce my first GG. Even then, I've only successfully created a true super-duper medic once.

Monty should be easier to get a super-duper medic; he' aggressive (free C1) and Jags get free WI, reducing the number of promos needed by two.

Charismatic also helps to get a super-duper medic by reducing the number of Ex Pnts needed.

Can't we just get over it ? I mean ... units die - and die a lot ;) People die , we all die ! :D Can't we just get over it ? ;) They die - no matter if You named Your General a "Super Hero with Superman promotion" they just die ;) get over it man ;) ............ yes my general with Medic III just kicked the bucket .....

Think about Unrestricted Leaders Shenanigans: Boudica of Aztec can produce Super Medics faster than anyone else.

It's late, but Red Cross is a sure way to create a super duper medic using just 1 GG.

Trait specific production bonuses to settlers (Imp) and workers (Exp) only apply to hammers and not food.

Think about Unrestricted Leaders Shenanigans: Boudica of Aztec can produce Super Medics faster than anyone else.

OK this is my next game. Should I randomize the opponents or do you have suggestions that make for awesome battles?:lol:

Today I learned that, if you have a city with an Airport, automated Workers will use the airlift function to move to an otherwise inaccessible city. Why bother airlifting a Machine Gun when there's a hill next to the AI stack that needs a Windmill? :lol:

Today I learned that, if you have a city with an Airport, automated Workers will use the airlift function to move to an otherwise inaccessible city. Why bother airlifting a Machine Gun when there's a hill next to the AI stack that needs a Windmill? :lol:

I´m not sure whether to call that incredibly stupid or clever.

Couple things I found out recently.

• You can run Theocracy even if you don't have a state religion. You don't get any benefit except that no religion can be spread to your cities.
  • Workers can pop goodie huts.

Another reason not to automate workers. :crazyeye:

Couple things I found out recently.

• You can run Theocracy even if you don't have a state religion. You don't get any benefit except that no religion can be spread to your cities.
  • Workers can pop goodie huts.
Let's hope your worker doesn't make the goodie hut inhabitants angry (pop barbs). :aargh:

:lol:

Suicidal workers taking it to the next level.

Somebody should PM this to TMIT... :mischief:

Somebody should PM this to TMIT... :mischief:

Heh, go ahead. The ensuing Tolstoy dissertation, rant, and hypothetical comparisons with the precision facts from NASA should be epic. I'll grab the popcorn and nuts, someone grab the beer, and then we'll watch the fireworks :mischief:.

The GG-galley with movement bonuses. It's a genuinely clever use of the game rules I've never thought of before and I'm still thinking up of good uses for it. Could you have a ship with two medic promos to heal troops along the shoreline?

The GG-galley with movement bonuses. It's a genuinely clever use of the game rules I've never thought of before and I'm still thinking up of good uses for it. Could you have a ship with two medic promos to heal troops along the shoreline?

Now there's a thought I never considered. Do coastal squares count as a "any tile" for the medic? Should be an interesting experiment.

Today I learned that Great Spies (from the GW) are awesome to pop those huts which are guarded by Barbs (maybe only so with Raging Barbs setting) . Those Great Spies actually also work really well as early explorers with having Raging Barbs. Would I have thought of that yesterday already, I wouldn't have lost that Huge / Normal / Deity / OOC / Raginb Barbs / Diplo game (lol @ that settings ^^) by losing the UN by 2T because of having problems meeting the other AIs. Defending against Raging Barbs is actually still ok, but getting a unit towards the next neighbour is actually a really difficult task ^^ .

Top Bottom