After you lauch your spaceship, can you relocate your capital?

Tecibbar

unliving
I am imagine this scenario: you launch the space ship, and one turn before shaka captures your capital, you build your capital in a distant continent. Will your spaceship still arrive?

Hmm... I've never experienced any such event ever. This is just a thought, but I think the space ship is isolated from the capital after launch, and don't need it to get to Alpha Centauri.

I am imagine this scenario: you launch the space ship, and one turn before shaka captures your capital, you build your capital in a distant continent. Will your spaceship still arrive?

I guess so. But that's very unique sitiation you sketched.

I'm quite sure it would work. Buildings are completed at the end of your turn. Then the AI acts In Between Turns. So, you palace would complete before you lost your old capital. Probably a good idea to have enough cash (or an engineer) on hand to rush it.

So building a palace in a 1 tile city on a hill surrounded by ocean is your best bet.

So building a palace in a 1 tile city on a hill surrounded by ocean is your best bet.
(only) If you control the oceans.
That sounds hard to reinforce, no cultural defense (or easily bombarded away by ships), and accessible to amphibious invasions.
Hill is good. Far from attackers is good. Hard to reach is good.
Island in the middle of a lake sounds good, but it didn't work for Montezuma.

One turn before you finish palace in city A, you can deleted it from your building queue, then build it in city B. But the hammer you invest in city A is NOT lost. You can finish palace in city A anytime. If you follow me, that mean you could change capital to any of your city if you prebuild.

BTW, TheMeInTeam, who is your avatar, what is she doing?

Top Bottom