1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Agamemnon, King of Mycenae

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by pencilgod, Sep 21, 2009.

1. pencilgod

pencilgod Chieftain

I went away from Civ4 modding for a little while, but now I'm back with a new leaderhead. I present you Agamemnon, King of Mycenae and commander of the Greek army during the Trojan War. I'm pretty happy with the result, I used some elements of the character from the movie 'Troy' but didn't make a carbon copy this time, there are still quite a lot of original elements. Ofcourse comments on my work are very welcome.

I have also uploaded the latest version of Marcus Antonius to the download database, with the original background, which I personally like better.

There is only one thing which I would like to improve on the agamemnon nif and that is the lighting. Unfortunately I cannot get Nifviewer to work, so is there anyone interested in working together to make a v2, with better lighting and perhaps even shading? If so just send me a PM :D.

Updated to shader version on 25 october

Download links:

Agamemnon:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13318

Marcus Antonius:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13317

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232195&stc=1&d=1256425384

Attached Files:

2. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Deity

Now that is an excellent leaderhead.

Thank God you're back, pencilgod. Capo needs your help reskinning some leaderheads.

3. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

Excellent work. Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World could probably make use of those.

4. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I like Marcus Antonius, it looks excellent.

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Great work :goodjob:.
    The suite is really nice :).

6. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Pencilgod????? You're back!!!!! And what a great LH you brought with you (too bad I don't need it, but I'm sure many people will find him a home). Hopefully you will stay longer this time!

7. Vrenir

Vrenir King

Beautiful! I don't know how many times Capo, Ekmek, and others lamented your departure. I hope that you can stick around for a while; it's wonderful to see your original ideas and expert texturing work.

8. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Awesome LH PG. I REALLY need your help texturing Salamasina and Kamehmeha if you don't terribly mind doing it for me!

9. drjest2000

drjest2000 Prince

Wow! This just blows me away. I am reduced to cursing and palsy by Blender, so I am in awe of you man! Just amazing!

10. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I am going to use Agamemnon as Minos for my Minoan module, but I was also wondering what you thought about retexturing Salamasina and Kamehameha for me. They are basically finished (other than the texturing) and they only need a few areas of texturing really. So it shouldn't take up too much of your time, plus there is high demand for them.

11. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Wow, PencilGod, if your back for awhile, I highyl suggest making a leaderhead gallery. :)

Added to the database btw.

12. pencilgod

pencilgod Chieftain

I usually tend to be less interested in kind of obscure leaders such as Salamasina and Kamehameha, because I wouldn't personally use them in my game. Texturing decently is quite a lot of work (for me, at least :lol:), so usually I would not be interested, but if it's only a few area's and the texture wrap isn't terrible I am surely willing to take a look at them. Just send me a PM and e-mail me the textures, blends and nifs.

13. IgorS

Well, I wouldn't call Kamehameha obscure...
    Anyway, are you interested in helping on a Vercingetorix LH? It also needs texturing only- the model is (almost) complete. If you are interested and have the time let me know.

14. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Will do, Kamehameha only needs some texturing on his face (really only his eyebrows, and he should probably be made to look older). Salamasina really only needs her body to be textured, but honestly this could actually be fun to do (actually you could even texture her totally nude because her clothes are totally separated from her and I think it would be hilarious/awesome). So it really isn't much of a job if you check it out in my thread, I'll send you the nifs though in the next hour or two.

EDIT: Somebody requested your Marc Antony while you were away, so I posted it. Did you link to a new upload or did you link to the one I posted? I only ask so I can remove it so there aren't two of them in the DB.

15. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Damn filefront! I really need to get a new file-hosting site.

So obviously the upload there didn't work so I'll just try and post here. Here are the files. The final versions hould be King_English.nif and SalamasinaFinal.nif. I truly thank you for taking a look at this, a lot of people have been waiting for these for literally months now and I just did not have the capabilities to skin them more than I already have. You'll notice they are practically finished other than Kamehameha's face and Salamasina's body. Here's an image of Salamasina too in case you need some help...

I just edited NikNak's original Salamasina, so there really isn't anything to go on anyway, and only her body needs texturing, which I believe uses Isabella and I know you have experience with that having used it for Nefertiti so hopefully this shouldn't be too difficult for you.

16. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

For some reason it wouldn't let me post both at once, here is Kamehameha. Don't worry about the yellow cape he's wearing in the image posted above, its only the face I'm concerned with.

17. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

GREAT!!! :goodjob:
    After waiting for 13 months, I've finally spotted a candidate LH to replace my Agamemnon in TAM mod. It must work with hannibal animations in order to win the place.

EDIT
    Groan!!! The download page says "This file is in the moderation queue". Groan!!!

18. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

wow. welcome back. we missed you!

you don't need nifviewer for lighting it can be done in nifskope as well as adding shaders. Did you see my updated guide?

19. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Why Agamemnon download is still unavailable, 2 days after the upload? :confused:

20. IgorS

From the database FAQ:
    "Currently users who have been here for 30 days and have 30 posts (same as custom avatar requirements) can add files without going through the file approval process. Files added by users who don't satisfy the requirements require approval before they are available for download."