Age Of Capital (Released, but need help testing!)

AntSou

Deity
NOTE: This mod is still being tested for balance issues and the civilopedia entries have not been completed. Furthermore, some in-game descriptions may be incorrect and not yet reflect the changes made.

Steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2183711955&searchtext=age+of+capital
I'd really appreciate the feedback!

---
This mod adds 9 new luxuries (manufactured goods) to the game and changes the existing four (Toys, Jeans, Cosmetics and Perfume).

All of the Manufactured Goods may only be acquired through Great People, starting in the Industrial Era.

MAIN DESIGN INTENTION:
- To simulate the advent of consumerism and globalisation in post-industrial societies;
- To simulate the phenomenon of soft power.

SECONDARY GOAL:
- To increase the importance of Commercial Hubs/Great Merchants and Great Engineers vs Great Scientists, etc;
- To make Entertainment Complexes vital in larger empires;
- To make Tall Play slightly more viable. Spamming settlers should now require greater consideration.
---

MAIN CHANGES:
- All base TILE luxuries now provide 3 Amenities rather than 4;
- Ecstatic state now requires +4 Amenities (previously +3), but the bonuses to growth and nonfood-yields are now 30% and 20% respectively (previously 20 and 10);
- Reduction in growth and yields from negative Amenities now much more severe. At -3 there's severe unrest, at -4 the city revolts (previously -5 and -7 respectively);
- Severe loyalty penalties from negative Amenities. -3 per negative Amenity, caps at -15 (previously capped at -6);

- Adds or rebalances 13 Manufactured Goods, which may only be acquired via Great People. Totals are:
Great Merchants: 7
Great Engineers: 4
Great Scientist: 1
Great Musician: 1

Each Great Person grants between 2 and 3 copies of its manufactured good. As usual, duplicates may be traded away.
Each Manufactured Good provides either 4 or 6 amenities. Ticket to Orbit grants 10 amenities, but it comes only in the information era.
---

Additional Notes:
- Manufactured Goods are classified as Luxuries in the code, so anything that applies/relates to Luxuries (e.g. Aztec trait) will also apply to the manufactured good;
- Zanzibar is unchanged;
- Les Paul (Great Musician) feels completely out of place in the typical Great Musician design, I know;
- Something else but I forgot.

Some pictures:

Interesting work. The -15 negative amenities loyalty cap seems too severe when warmongering. Perhaps -9 to -12 will be enough? I use mods that lower base maximum loyalty according to the number cities, tho. How does the AI manage?

Is it common to reach -4 amenities while warmongering? I'll have to test. Might need to reduce it.

There may be other alternatives. E.g. reduced negative loyalty when a general is near a city, increased base loyalty to Victor, increased base loyalty to all governors with warlord's throne, a new city project, etc.

Having some cities revolt during massive conquering campaigns would be fine. But if it's constantly happening then it's not fine.

I think there are policies which reduce war weariness as well. I never used those because I never found them necessary.

I'll have to test and see. This is going to take a while to balance out.
---
I use mods that lower base maximum loyalty according to the number cities, tho. How does the AI manage?

It's probably not going to go well together since the loyalty penalties will probably stack :p.

Which mod is that?

As for the AI, i'm still observing. It should treat the luxuries like any other luxury, but I'll have to test it further to see how it deals with low loyalty/amenities.

I play on large or huge maps. If some of the AI get competitive, amenity penalty from my number of cities + war weariness can indeed reach such negative numbers.

The mod is named Key Loyalties, and I highly recommend it!

Top Bottom