[C3C] Age of Discovery European conquest attempt

livinginaz

Seven Ages of Man
Been trying some out of the box ideas for the base Conquests, and one I had thought of was to conquer all of Europe. I surmise this is strategically untenable as it will likely move the capitals of all your rivals closer to the treasures, but the goal isn't necessarily to win. Was curious if anyone had done this before and how quickly you achieved complete control, did you destroy any of the European civs or did they find refuge in new settlements? I feel like Spain may be best positioned to do this conquest but I may be wrong.

I was uncertain whether to put this in Strategy & tips as it's mostly a one-off thing. Edit - mods moved it, thanks for direction

Last edited:
I have not tried that with the basic Age of Discovery game, but it is an interesting thought. I will have to try it sometimes. I keep playing the Dutch in the game, and without a fair amount of modifications, they do not do well.

I have not tried that with the basic Age of Discovery game, but it is an interesting thought. I will have to try it sometimes. I keep playing the Dutch in the game, and without a fair amount of modifications, they do not do well.
Never played the Dutch, I can see why they are disadvantaged though. One thing you can do is dissolve your European holdings to move the capital, but that's a very gamey exploit and if you aren't able to set up in the New World it will hurt.

ı always play at Monarch , choose Dutch in this scenario (because of the Colonization game of 1990s) and really really settle in Cuba to abandon my cities in Europe . You get into war with them anyhow .

ı always play at Monarch , choose Dutch in this scenario (because of the Colonization game of 1990s) and really really settle in Cuba to abandon my cities in Europe . You get into war with them anyhow .
I have not tried that. I normally try to get to Newfoundland, and once Brazil. That is one of the scenarios which caused me to take up modding, with trying to keep the rest of Europe from running over The Netherlands, and then using Steph's editor to add a bit more room to the East and West on the map to give the Dutch a fraction more room to work with in Europe.

it is merely an attempt to make it closer to Colonization . Where the Dutch were the best , starts with a bigger ship and prices at Europe are stable for longer . Cuba was always the best , you can keep the Caribbean islands with placing random civilians on empty tiles as there are no Marines until the Rebellion . And just let the other AIs duke it out . While burning the Aztec cities were always useful ...

it is merely an attempt to make it closer to Colonization . Where the Dutch were the best , starts with a bigger ship and prices at Europe are stable for longer . Cuba was always the best , you can keep the Caribbean islands with placing random civilians on empty tiles as there are no Marines until the Rebellion . And just let the other AIs duke it out . While burning the Aztec cities were always useful ...
I like your strategy. I will have to try it out and report back. Taking out the Aztecs is definitely a useful thing.

Top Bottom