Age of Discovery

Age of Discovery still has some odd crashing issues. I have tried desperately to figure them out, but to no avail.

I am toying with simply starting from scratch, using what I know about modding and this mod in particular, and hopefully create a more stable mod.

Thanks for the quick response. I was looking at the mods and looking for something different. I will wait until it's fixed. Good luck!

Ok, just tried it with random maps and portugues.

For now it looks really promising PLEASE KEEP WORKING ON IT!!!

1) Did not find your map...? I thought I've read something about a map you createdsome posts before? is it not implemented yet?
2) Units and Buildings some good ideas and already a lot of nice work putted into it, but Tech Tree should imho be reworked, too many techs at once, although this makes the decision what you research somehow more strategic...
3) It seems to always be crashing when ending a game. This means: when I try to load a game from inside or try to exit a game. And another crash just occured now during the game. A city just finished a "cog" I clicked on "market" to produce next and... bang. Crash report has been sent to microsoft.
Since the crashes are a liiiitle bit slowing down the game :crazyeye: I stop testing for now.

But I still like it!!!!
Thanks for the Mod and keep going!

BTS unofficial patch 3.19.1.6
Windows XP with all updates and SP's
ATI GraphCard with Omega drivers

I truly liked this mod too, but I ran out of steam working on it. I would like to start from scratch on it and narrow some parameters. There is also a nasty bug somewhere in the code that you have discovered.

I truly enjoy reading posts like yours knowing that people still try some of the smaller mods. I will need to kick myself in the rump and get working on this mod again.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I actually prefer smaller themed mods (as long as they are complete: New units, new tech tree, random map compatible) more than "kitchen sink" mods that try to expand Civ4's already vast scope. Looking at the mod, it doesn't have a .dll--which means the crash isn't your fault, but some obscure bug in Civ4.

I still have aspirations of recreating this mod. I recently toured Civilization V but was disgusted with where the game devolved to and quickly returned to Civ IV. With some time and effort at the computer, I am hoping this mod will see light again in the fall.

So, will it?

A good colonization game still eludes me, I have yet to find one that I enjoy (CivIV: Colonization certainly wasn't it, that was a mess). I do think that Civ IV could be an excellent platform for it.
Do feel free to contact me if you want some help (I'm not much of a coder though).

Top Bottom