Age of Heroes 2

Big Bopper

Warlord
Age of Heroes 2​

BABYLON HAS FALLEN!

The Hittites traveling hundreds of miles from their homeland conquered the capital of Hammurabi leaving the city to the opportunistic Kassites. The Hurrian Kingdom of Mitanni has taken advantage of the power vacuum left in the wake of Babylon’s fall achieving supremacy over northern Mesopotamia. The Assyrians, Kassites, and Elamites are all waiting in the winds for a chance to overtake the now mighty Mitanni Kingdom.

Soon after conquering Babylon, Mursilis, the king of Hatti, was assassinated by jealous family members causing a long period of instability. Now the Hittites weakened by internal strife are surrounded by enemies, seeking its utter destruction. Only a strong king, however will bring the Hittites back to their former glory and bring all of Anatolia under the kingdoms control.

To the south the Egyptians have regained their independence from the domination of the Hyksos. Like the phoenix, Egypt has risen from the ashes to reassert their dominance over their country and seek to do the same to its neighbors. The native Pharaohs of Thebes are ready to usher in a New Egyptian Kingdom, greater than any before.

The Three Powers of the Ancient world will soon come into conflict with one another for ultimate domination, or will another power rise to claim greatness.

DOWNLOAD Age of Heroes Main Files

The Biqs: View attachment AoH2 Biqs.rar

Screenshots
Spoiler :

The Pantheon
Spoiler :

The Tech Tree
Spoiler :

THE CIVILIZATIONS

The Amorites
Leader: King Idrimi
Bonuses: Militaristic & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Habiru (Axeman)
Wonders: Court of Palms (Mari)
At War With: Babylon and Mitanni

The Arzawans
Leader: King Tarhundaradus
Bonuses: Commercial & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Luwian Slinger (Archer)
At War With: Hatti

The Assyrians
Leader: King Ashur-Ubalit
Bonuses: Militaristic & Religious
Unique Unit: Royal Archer (Composite Bomwan)
Wonder: Statue of Ishtar (Nineveh)

The Babylonians
Leader: King Agum III
Bonuses: Scientific & Religious
Unique Unit: Bowman (Archer)
Wonder: Code of Hammurabi (Babylon)
At War With: Amorites, Elam, and Sumeria

The Boeotians
Leader: King Ogyges
Bonuses: Industrious & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Minyan (Axeman)

The Canaanites
Leader: King Durusha
Bonuses: Religious & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Sutean Mercenary (Heavy Spearman)
At War With: Egypt

The Cretans
Leader: King Minos
Bonuses: Scientific & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Minoan Warship (Warship)
Wonder: Labyrinth (Knossos)

The Egyptians
Leader: Pharaoh Thutmose III
Bonuses: Religious & Agricultural
Unique Unit: War Chariot (Chariot Archer)
Wonder: Pyramids (Memphis)
At War With: Canaan

The Elamites
Leader: King Kidden-Khutran III
Bonuses: Industrious & Religious
Unique Unit: Sickle Swordsman (Axeman)
At War With: Babylonia and Sumeria

The Hittites
Leader: King Suppiluliuma
Bonuses: Militaristic & Industrious
Unique Unit: 3 Man Chariot (Heavy Chariot)
Wonder: Karum of Kanesh (Nesa)
At War With: Arzawa

The Kizzuwatna
Leader: King Pilliya
Bonuses: Industrious & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Cilician Spearman (Spearman)
At War With: Mitanni

The Mitanni
Leader: King Shaushtatar
Bonuses: Militaristic & Commercial
Unique Unit: Maryannu (Chariot)
At War With: Amorites and Kizzuwatna

The Mycenaeans
Leader: King Agamemnon
Bonuses: Militaristic & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Hepetai (Heavy Chariot)

The Sumerians
Leader: King Adarakalamma
Bonuses: Scientific & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Onager Chariot (Chariot)
Wonder: Great Ziggurat (Ur)
At War With: Babylon and Elam

The Trojans
Leader: King Laomedon
Bonuses: Industrious & Commercial
Unique Unit: Dardanian Chariot (Heavy Chariot)
Wonder: Scaean Gate (Troy)

THE BARBARIANS

The Alashiyans
Leader: Queen Hatiba
Bonuses: Commercial & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Penteconter (Galley)

The Assuwans
Leader: King Piyama-Radu
Bonuses: Religious & Commercial
Unique Unit: Battle Cart (Chariot)

The Colchians
Leader: Queen Eidyia
Bonuses: Commercial & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Amazon Warrior (Swpordsman)

The Gutians
Leader: King Sarlak
Bonuses: Militaristic & Religious
Unique Unit: Hillman (Heavy Spearman)

The Hayasans
Leader: King Karanni
Bonuses: Industrious & Commercial
Unique Unit: Azzi Javelinman (Composite Bowman)

The Issuwans
Leader: King Ari-sharruma
Bonuses: Industrious & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Skirmisher (Archer)

The Kaskians
Leader: King Pihhuniya
Bonuses: Militaristic & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Marauder (Swordsman)

The Nairi
Leader: Queen Bagmashtu
Bonuses: Commercial & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Tribal Warrior (Swordsman)

The Pelasgians
Leader: Queen Eurynome
Bonuses: Religious & Agricultural
Unique Unit: Paeonian Archer (Composite Bowman)

The Rephaites
Leader: King Og
Bonuses: Militaristic & Industrious
Unique Unit: Emite Warrior (Axeman)

The Thracians
Leader: King Tegyrios
Bonuses: Militaristic & Seafaring
Unique Unit: Ciconian Spearman (Spearman)

The Tjehenu
Leader: Chief Merirey
Bonuses: Militaristic & Commercial
Unique Unit: Warband (Swordsman)

Exciting stuff!

However, a couple of points to raise:

*The Assyrian Royal Archer has an attack of 3... The Composite Bowman has an attack of 5! Surely - even given the Royal Archer's other advantages, this wasn't meant to be the case?

*Many of the links to UU's in the 'pedia aren't working - the aforementioned Royal Archer on the Assyrian page, the Warband on the Tjehenu page, the Javelinman on the Hayasa page, the Dardanian Chariots on the Trojan page, and the Maryannu Chariots on the Mitanni page are what I've got so far. The others seem to be fine!

Overall, well done on this. I'm still stuck on the civ-selection screen, reading through the entries (and learning much in the process!) and trying to decide which one I'll play... Or maybe I'll pick random! :D

(I got Mitanni - this will be interesting!)

:crazyeye: any chance for random maps?
Yes, but it will take some time.

Virote_Considon said:
*The Assyrian Royal Archer has an attack of 3... The Composite Bowman has an attack of 5! Surely - even given the Royal Archer's other advantages, this wasn't meant to be the case?
Fixed. A new biq has been uploaded, the Royal Archer should have an attack of 5.

Virote_Considon said:
*Many of the links to UU's in the 'pedia aren't working
I've added a patch at the bottom of the post. It won't cause any crashes if anyone decides not to download it.

Virote_Considon said:
(I got Mitanni - this will be interesting!)
Maybe the hardest civ to play especially on the higher difficulties; watch out for barbarian invasions.

Attachments

• Civilopedia.rar
    122.3 KB · Views: 225
Yeah, it seems pretty tough - those Cilician Spearmen who I start at war with in particular played merry hell with my infrastructure! Carchemish was cut-off, I lost immediate access to my horses, one source of ivory, my silver, various mines and farms, not to mention a good few of my archers and axemen!

I've also seen my first Earthquake. Pretty cool :D

Played a game as Egypt (Emperor) - got thrashed points wise (11,000 to 50,000) by the Hittites. Think I was out wondered in the end though I was the second biggest power. Gameplay went well and there looks to be some nice features. Want to try again before I comment further - very enjoyable though !

Found another possible error: the Colossi of Memnon states that it needs access to Gold, but it does not. Either way, starting production on it in Washukkani as we speak. :cool:

The current Mitanni game is going as tense as one would expect. In the early stages of the game, I'd played defensively - opting to get a peace treaty with Kizzuwatna out of the way ASAP and with the Amorites a couple of turns after, following an embarrassing defeat of my attempt at taking Emar.

Following this, I built up my forces. I first focused on building Axemen, and then also my fast Maryannu chariots. It was time to declare another war on the Amorites.

My campaign stretched on for a while, but I took most of their Western holdings, the only exception being Damasucs. I sued for peace - for the first time on my own terms.

Around this time, Egypt declared war on me after a demand for free Ivory fell of deaf ears. We quickly resolved to redeploy our vast army in the Levant to attack Canaan - as I speak, I am still engaged in war against the Canaanites, who have been reduced to Megido and Jericho, the former of which already has my troops at their gates!

However, from here things get a little more complicated. You see, the Canaanites, being traders more than fighters, used some of their economic prowess to entice the Aramites of Palmyra into the war. Following a tit-for-tat raid, the Palmyrans figured they didn't want to fight this out with just themselves and Canaan, and so they enticed their barbaric Doric and Sea People brethren to join in the fray against me!

To offset some of this pressure on my military, I offered peace to the Egyptians - whose troops had marched to just the other side of my small garrison town of Kadesh. However, this eased pressure was short lived, as soon after the Hittites, perhaps concerned that they were missing out of the regional action, decided to attack my possessions in Syria!

I beat off their initial assault, but I knew that I was in a dire position. There was only one thing I could do - I had to court the Courts of Isuwa, Nairi, and my old enemies Kizzuwatna. The Cilicians were hesitant at first, but enough money won them over. Following this, Isuwa jumped at the chance at becoming a member of the Coalition - offering me 151 gold for a military alliance against the Hittites, with no additional requirements! The Nairi too, didn't need much convincing. A military alliance with a right of passage treaty was enough to get them round to my side.

However, this A-team alliance was to be short lived - the most crucial member, Kizzuwatna, has just been brought out by those barbaric Sea People! Clearly, they are still mountain men at heart.

As things stand at the moment, I am currently at war with:
*Canaan
*Aram
*Doria
*The Sea People
*Hatti
*Kizzuwatna

I am the biggest in terms of land area and population. I'm currently nearing the end of a Golden Age - the result of building Kikkuli's Stables in Washukkani. In technological terms, I am ahead of the pack - thanks to a mix between my golden age, advantageous diplomacy, and of being the first to research Astronomy. I have also just built the Karnak Temple in Washukkani.

EDIT: Oh, and the year is 1369 BC.

Played a game as Egypt (Emperor) - got thrashed points wise (11,000 to 50,000) by the Hittites. Think I was out wondered in the end though I was the second biggest power. Gameplay went well and there looks to be some nice features. Want to try again before I comment further - very enjoyable though !
Glad your enjoying it, the four major powers can really run away with the VP if their not kept in check.

Found another possible error: the Colossi of Memnon states that it needs access to Gold, but it does not. Either way, starting production on it in Washukkani as we speak.
Thanks for pointing this out, gold should not be required to build the Colossi. In a previous version it did require gold, but there was very little competition.

Thought I might mention, when fighting the Aramaeans, Dorians, and Seapeoples its not a good idea to attack their starting cities, each of these cities is on top of a LMHill that has a defensive bonus of 1,000.

Ah, thanks for the tip - I was going to try and quash Palmyra before begging for peace, but I think that I'll have to scrap that plan for now :lol:

Ok, finished my first game with Hatti, on Regent

Didn't manage to achieve ANY of the victory conditions, and Egypt beat me on the VPs... but I was first placed in culture, power and score so I guess it went good.

A quick question: what's the deal with Peleset Spearman and Ewkesh Archers??? They seem to attack me at their and I STILL stay at peace with the damn seapeoples, is that on purpose?

The Seapeoples late game units are all hidden nationality. Occasionally they will take a lot of cities, but most of the time they act as a nuisance.

Egypt will more times than not win by VP if they are not countered.

I loaded it up and got an error for missing file: Kizzuwatna_all. I then checked if I remembered to put the mod folder in and the folder was there. I then went into the files to look for the file it asked for and it was not there. After some looking around I noticed you used the default Hannibal as the leaderhead so I went and got the advisor graphic for him to load up the scenario.

There were a couple of bugs the first reload, this being one and another was the label file was screwed up. Everything should be fine now.

Looks like labels' still not working properly

Attachments

• AoH.jpg
    AoH.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 433
Okay the problem was on my end. There is an additional line in the label.txt "unknown". I think its because I use the Steam Version, because any scenario I've downloaded including my own, the labels are all wrong.

I've add a patch to the top post to fix this issue. Just drop it in the text folder.

I've updated the scenario to include a lot of register's excellent units, added a couple of Shirokobbure's great new leaderheads, and made a few minor game play changes. Also, the mod can now be played on random maps.

For random maps the tech tree has been expanded from 2 to 3 eras, with additional units. The Dorians, Seapeoples, Aramaeans, Independents, and Amorites have been replaced with Mariote, Eblaite, Lukka, Nubian, and Amazonian civilizations.

Top Bottom