1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Ice is great!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Polycrates, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

So I got my grubby little hands on a copy of BtS today, and after a brief flirtation with the regular game, decided to dive straight into Age of Ice. All I can say is Awesome! Haven't got very far yet but it is extremely cool (no pun intended). It's a very slick package with fancy intro and splash screens and animated leaderheads (Kylorin is particularly cool) and everything. The new units and terrain bits and such look really really nice too (and the Amurite units always were completely excellent-looking).
    The tech tree, civics, units etc are all changed a lot, and it has a fairly different feel from regular FFH. The whole choice-of-starting-hero thing is also very cool, and I love how you get magic guys from GPPs (I got one to summon a skeleton just in the nick of time to ward off a big Doviello invasion, which was excellent). So currently I'm in a big all-out grudge match with the Doviello to the west, which is a lot of fun.
    Also, word of advice learned the hard way: be wary of letting "friendly" missionaries into your only city......

Anyway, it's a blast so far, and I'm looking forward to building up my massive Amurite empire for a bit of good old-fashioned deicide! Awesome job, guys!

2. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

Aaaaw. Thanks. It'll be fun to see more feedback as more people get the game:D

3. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

Wow, nice to hear such kind words :) how did you like the loading screen with the 3 heroes on it :) ?

and... why does the counter in the top left of civfanatics says its till 5 days until release?! :mischief:

4. vale

vale Mathematician

What store did you get it at? In the US?

5. wilboman

I'm presuming he's Australian. The Ozzies all got it today.

6. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

I got a little way in and decided to restart, so I stuck it on Monarch and it's pretty rough! I've established a few cities and grabbed some resources, but the frostling barbarians are just pouring down in massive, neverending waves (seriously, it makes raging barbs look deadset tame) while the Doviello occasionally send an attack party over to make things difficult. Plus blizzards! Luckily I've had my supply of summoned skellies to help out (I think taking the sage hero was a good move).
    Soon I will have swordsmen though, and then I can hopefully start pushing north to clear some of the frostling dens (cool art, by the way!) and establish some sentries.
    I suspect there's still a loooooooong way to go.....

Looks real nice! The hunter guy looks particularly cool, I'll have to try him next game...

Nope, Australia, from EB

7. wilboman

There is a loooong way to go. I spent a while on that scenario, but I'm real slow.

8. MacGyverInSpace

MacGyverInSpace Monarch

Get Airplane. Bring 1 000 000 copies. Give me your bank account and I'll transfer the cash.

j/k. just in case

Oh well. At least now I know why the Bug list hasn't been updated for a while.
    I have a feeling that Kael has his hands on BtS for the first time (Patched up to Gold, anyway)
    But I could be wrong.

9. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Find and destroy the frostling lairs to stem the tide.

10. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Mind posting in the AoI forum below this one? It's where this stuff belongs, and I for one don't want any accidental spoilers in what appear to be innocent threads (this one was kinda obvious, but you know what I mean).

11. C.Roland

C.Roland FFH Art team member

I'm glad you like this leaderheads ! Well, in fact, I'm glad that you liked everything :D!

12. Jono

Jono Emperor

Well, I managed to kill off the Illians, but I couldn't find the Godslayer's Hilt anywhere. I'm guessing it's hidden somewhere...

13. Jono

Jono Emperor

Never mind, found the Hilt, got Kylorin out and killed Malcurn. A great scenario gone spoilt on a slow game speed and low difficulty.

14. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

You can try the Quick Diety challenge. :)

15. Jono

Jono Emperor

Yeah, I'm saving that for tomorrow. :)