Age of Ice Lore

Rex rgis of Ter

Me I'm a Creator
I was wondering if a team member, or one who knows would enlighten the following phrase for me.

" the Slaying of the Blue Dragon by Lucar's horde and the ensuing destruction of the Thraxian civilization; the sacrifice of the Second Mage, Gionn; and the final confrontation between Kyorlin and Mulcarn himself."

I know who the Thraxians are, the race that Danalin created, and the battle between Mulcarn and Kylorin. But who is Gionn and Lucar, and the Blue Dragon?

If I knew the answer then I'd be asking it in the Trivia game thread right now. I would really like to know though.

I guessing that "the Second Mage" was probably Kyorlins first student, or another student of Ceridwen. I assume that the Blue dragon is Danalin's (although this begs the question of why the dragon would be in a position where it could be destroyed, if Danalin was abiding by the Compact) and am pretty sure that the Thraxians were Danalins favored race of mer people, but I;m not sure it has ever been officially confirmed. No clue abuot Lucar though.

You ought to ask questions in teh trivia thread BECAUSE you don't know. Then everyone gives up and Kael sweeps in with the right answer ;)

I would assume that Loki was talking about Driffa because she LOOKS blue... but he might have meant something he wasn't supposed to say...

I do know that the Blue Dragon is from Luciaqua’s Pool, so that could potentially tie in with this Lucar fellow.

Hmm...maybe.

I guess that that could be the case about the Loki post, but was it suppose to be White Dragon in the Civilopedia? Why would Drifa's death lead to the destruction of the Thraxians? What, did her body fall into the sea and cause it to freeze solid so fast that they not only froze but cracked into little pieces? ;)

What is Luciaqua's pool?

I'm pretty sure Loki just meant Driffa because she looks Blue in the screenshot. The pedia is probably for the dragon from the Pool.

As for the Pool, I tried to figure out that one, but I couldn't get anywhere further on it really.

Luciaqua shows up as a Great Sage name, but there is no info beyond a one liner long ago from Kael's D&D notes.

Just to muddy the water even further Danalins lost race was the Aifons.

Ok, then who were the Thraxians? How and when were the Aifons destroyed? Is the Blue Dragon the same as the White Dragon, or another gods beast? And still, who are Gionn and Lucar?

All made up on the fly to give the player a sense of a wider world, before I even knew we were going to have Drifia in, honestly. The Blue dragon bit should probably be erased, as I envisioned it as Mulcarn's Dragon being taken out by a massive army; we could retcon it to be another god's dragon being killed by a General of Mulcarn's, though.

double post :/

All made up on the fly to give the player a sense of a wider world, before I even knew we were going to have Drifia in, honestly. The Blue dragon bit should probably be erased, as I envisioned it as Mulcarn's Dragon being taken out by a massive army; we could retcon it to be another god's dragon being killed by a General of Mulcarn's, though.

ah, don´t destroy the whole atmosphere by being honest!

I occasionally want to break in to a discussion about a piece I wrote, but I don't want to destroy the magic. I try to keep my pedia entries intentionally vague, so as to avoid locking people in to a particular idea about how things "are". Or wondering about who is what. What I'm wondering about, is why noone has asked deeper about what the mysterious first and second revolts are.

I have, at least about the First Rebellion. Never really got an answer though, although the pedia entry of the Crossbowmen and Knights seem to indicate it was some sort of class based conflict. A Marxist revolution in the medieval setting?

So tell us already, you cruel, cruel gamedesigners!!!!!!!!!

Please?

You mean like Faber Ozzie?

Top Bottom