Age of Imperialism: 1895-1924 PBEM

TomYo689

Emperor
Age of Imperialism: 1895-1924 PBEM

This is a thread for an AOI PBEM game. See this for details on the scenario http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95741

Post 1
~ Players
~ Game Status
post 2
~ Settings
~ Rules

~ Players ~
Green = his turn . . . Orange = problem. . . Red = late
After each turn, the player is expected to post to this thread any attacks vs other players or city changes which are finalized on their turn.

1)) Lowland Countries - TomYo689
2)) France - Bengal Tiger
3)) Russia - MacGalleo
4)) German Empire - Lanzelot
5)) USA - Eclipse4449
6)) Japan - Tigranes
7)) Portugal - Acronym
8)) Italy - Acronym
9)) British Empire - Jureil
10) Ottoman Empire - AnthonyBoscia
11) Austria-Hungary Jarovid
12) Spain - Open (AI)

External Admin & Extra Players:
TomYo689
seeking more!

~ Game Status ~
Turn 070

Recent Game Activity:

Gold from Italy has been split among all players.
Spain is being invaded.

Score Board: Year 1900!

~ Settings ~

Biq last edited 12/18/2009
Difficulty: Captain because 3/4 of voters requested harder.
The maximum of humans is 11. Cannot add new ones.
An existing human may take over an ai if his original spot is defeated.

~ Rules ~

• The No Raze patch must be used. Ask for assistance if you're not sure you have this in. It can be complicated depending on if you know what to do. This rule implies no city abandoning.
• No "turn" cheating, or any hacking or whatever. Show for outlines on what constitutes cheating. Phenomena should occur as described by Fraxis in game concepts. Also no interefence with file from outside the civ 3 game (hacks).
Spoiler :
Let us explore a hypothetical situation: If you are making a 600 shield machine gunner and your town makes 60 shields per turn out of its land+factories, in 10 turns you should have that 1 unit and 1 unit only. Then it should take exacty 10 turns again to complete the next one. This assumes no rushing, no drafting, and no units are deleted above the city to add shields. The effects recorded by Fraxis are expected to occur when these extra events take place.
Along with turn mechanism abuse, no other loopholes or outside programs may be used to effect production and gold.

• You have 48 hours to do your turn as of the previous players declaration of a sent turn. It will be skipped if the admin sends your skipped turn and it is GPSed by the next guy before you send it. Of course if you can catch up before the player after you plays your sav will have priority over the skipped one. A reasonable request for extra time is likely to be granted.
• Basically don't use right of passage treaty to help you get in position for an attack on the treaty partner.
Spoiler :
If a right of passage treaty is suspected to have been established for the purpose of infiltrating you may be penalized. Take caution when attacking or even provoking one who you have right of passge with & units inside their land. If you are planning to attack someone while you have a treaty you probably should evacuate his land first to avoid investigation/penalty by the mod. If you declare war on a turn in which a treaty is in effect then do it before any units are moved so that the treaty is not abused - no exceptions for this last section.
• Austria-Hungary only: Austria-Hungary cannot gift cities or victory points to Germany (or vice versa but who would want to do that) unless or untill the spot in question had been occupied by a 3rd empire. If he wishes to arrange a phony invasion to facilitate that he can be his guest. Only applies to their starting assets in Europe.
• If you are going to rename your naval units the name must retain the identifying tag. Show for guide on what tag. Place it either before or after your custom name. After a nationality prefix is ok. Some categories do overlap such as UB and SS, SS and TR, PG and BB. It can actually be quite useful for the user to put the tag right at the beginning of the name.
Spoiler :
BB - Battleship
BC - Battlecruiser
CA - Armoured Cruiser
CL - Light Cruiser
CVL - Aircraft Carrier
DD - Destroyer
FG - Wooden Screw Frigate
PC - Protected Cruiser
PG - Coastal Gunboat
SS - Submarine
TB - Torpedo Boat
TR - Steam Transport
UB - German Submarines

• A city may only be donated to an AI spot under specific circumstances. Show for details
Spoiler :
Three possible conditions for human to ai city transfer. The ai must have previously had control of that city. The ai must have a direct land border with it. Or an island must be at a maximum of 5 coastal/sea squares away. Impassable mountains are ignored. Island hopping condition does not apply for cities on the same land mass.

• Any city changing ownership through trade (any method other than military capture) must be empty of mobile units before the transaction is accepted. Immobile trench/city garrison are the only exceptions to this. Come on guys steam transport is the cheapest unit in the game. Specifically this means you have to empty your city before pressing accept on the trade screen. Because trades pop up at the beginning of your turn empty them the turn before. Any city connected to the capital by railroad is excused from this rule so this isn't as much of an issue in Europe.
• Raw resources spawn in arctics and uninhabited areas like barbarians. You may collect them. Think of it as an arctic north pole expedition or something.
• Transports linked for a one-turn ocean crossing is acceptable. Not specifically oceans but the trick in general.

I'd be willing to be the out-of-game admin, if you will have me.

I reccomend that we make city gifting to AI illegal. Colony sales are kosher, of course, but giving cities in hopeless situations away is just cheap and gamey. No offense intended to those who did it last game, as it was perfectly within their rights to do so.

Also, maybe we could consider having one or two players control the non-European countries. That way we get the best of both worlds: fast turnaround times and interesting gameplay and imperialism. To me, this would give the game a much more historical feel, trying to win concessions from weaker countries, and having them appeal for help if they are getting destroyed. Of course, the player should not be playing to win, otherwise they would just band all the countries together and steamroll Europe.

I am in on the new game, if we don't get back to the the old game I would like to take England again if we do both then I am open to play another country if someone else wants to play England.

im definitely in on this... im going to make three choices and whatever is avail ill take..

1. Russia (unless eazyhasaids wants to join this new game and take them)
2. USA (not sure if they've been taken)
3. Scandinavia (unless buddy wants them again)

I would also be willing to take Austria, am confident I would be able to collaborate with Prince of Persia and will play this thing to the end.

I vote harder AI and no unit teleporing. We could make it more realistic by not allowing city gifting unless the city is unoccupied. That way any troopsleft over would need a safe route home-another reason to develop one's navy.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, but came here primarily looking for a PBEM game to add a more social side to my Civ gaming - recently dusting off C3C after a couple of years away from it.

I'd love to join a game like this, although I appreciate you might prefer more experienced players - I'm still struggling by at around Regent level at most. However, I think I'll have to pass on this one, regardless, as I have exams in two weeks, and then am away in Malawi for three months from September - and having explored these forums for a while, I see these games can take years!

However, I've now got the AoI mod up and running, and will be playing around with it in single player to get a feel for it - so if you need someone to fill in for a few turns any time between July and September, or after December, please do PM me.

Only other caveat (I seem to be full of them!) is that I'm playing on a Mac (OS X 10.6.8; C3C v1.22 Rev A) and I don't know how to install the 'No Raze' patch for AoI. Is anyone else here playing on a Mac and had any success on this front? (I've also asked in the Macintosh forum, so will keep checking there...)

Cheers, and have a good game - it looks like it'll be great fun!

Yes!!!
Hello

I'm very glad you took the time to set this up again!
Just setup some rules and I'm with you

I would most definitely want USA if everyone is ok with that

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, but came here primarily looking for a PBEM game to add a more social side to my Civ gaming - recently dusting off C3C after a couple of years away from it.

I'd love to join a game like this, although I appreciate you might prefer more experienced players - I'm still struggling by at around Regent level at most. However, I think I'll have to pass on this one, regardless, as I have exams in two weeks, and then am away in Malawi for three months from September - and having explored these forums for a while, I see these games can take years!

However, I've now got the AoI mod up and running, and will be playing around with it in single player to get a feel for it - so if you need someone to fill in for a few turns any time between July and September, or after December, please do PM me.

Only other caveat (I seem to be full of them!) is that I'm playing on a Mac (OS X 10.6.8; C3C v1.22 Rev A) and I don't know how to install the 'No Raze' patch for AoI. Is anyone else here playing on a Mac and had any success on this front? (I've also asked in the Macintosh forum, so will keep checking there...)

Cheers, and have a good game - it looks like it'll be great fun!

Welcome to the pbem forums I am kind of new myself but am enjoying the experience for the most part I hope you can get involved soon and as far as experienced players that is not a big issue as much as just being able to play.

Good to have you and hope to see you in a game real soon.:goodjob:

Jureil

Player 1 - Portugal - Gone
Player 2 - France - Bengal Tiger: will play both games.
Player 3 - Russia* - eazyhasaids: will play both games.
Player 4 - Germany - Princeof Persia: will play both games.
Player 5 - United States - Gone
Player 6 - Japan - AnthonyBoscia: will play both games.
Player 7 - Great Britain - Jureil: will play both games.
Player 8 - Italy - Eric_A: will play both game.
Player 9 - Lowlands - AI
Player 10 - Balcan Nations* - will play both games.
Player 11 - Ottomans* - TomYo689: will play both games.
Player 12 - Brazil - Gone
Player 13 - Argentina - Eclipse: will play both games.
Player 14 - Scandinavia - Glasnot: will play old game only.
Player 15 - Austria-Hungary* - Bowsling: will play old game and moderate the new one.
Player 16 - Spain - kleinerheldt: Will only play the old game.

I think if we can move some positions around we can fill all the important positions and finish the old game.

Also if we get a few more for the new one we can start it up as well.

Jureil

I'll take the Turks. AKSully, since you posted before me you can have the Ottomans if you prefer, in which case I'll take Brazil.

I'll vote Commodore for difficulty.

I don't see how we can make gifting without teleporting an effective option. It means that one of the powers would have to leave his cities undefended for a turn because you accept the diplomatic proposal in game before you move. I would vote for no gifting cities to the AI. Not that I didn't appreciate the opportunity to declare war on five AIs in one turn in the last game, Bengal Tiger. :crazyeye:

Tomyo, your points on civs are good. But I do think we should let people choose some of the other big spots if they like. After all, the game's meant to be fun. If Brazil is open, maybe Eric would want to swap? Then I might have to come up with a third pick.

Top Bottom