1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Imperialism Deluxe Title Screen - Which One?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by El Justo, May 25, 2009.

?

Which one?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2009.
  1. no. 1

11.5%
  2. no. 2

25.0%
  3. no. 3

48.1%
  4. no. 4

15.4%
  1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Transparent color slots are a programed and needed part of the Game palettes.

Those transparent colors are used in the 256 color palettes and they are indexed. They are needed in this type palette for overlays. In other words, there are several images put together on the same screen. The Transparent color is used to allow this. Otherwise we would only see one image.
    The Buttons on the Title screen are one example. IF the background for those Buttons was not Transparent, their Background would Mask Out the Title Screen.

There are many examples in the Game that show more than one image together with others. Each Image has a Transparent Background so when they are combined to show together on the screen, one does not Mask Out the Other.
    Units themselves use Transparent Backgrounds or we would see their backgrounds in the game while looking at the Game Map.

In Units and other pcx files that have Frames, a transparent color is used to set the Frames Transparent.

The Last two color slots are coded to be Transparent in order to Keep those Slots for transparencies. The colors in those slots are therefore discounted as actual available colors in the palette and will not be used as any of the colors in the palette that are applied to the images.

The "programing" for the 256 Color Palettes remains the same and tells the computer what is Transparent. Then the Graphics Artists can use those slots to be able to combine multiple overlays on the same screen.

2. Adler17

Adler17 Prussian Feldmarschall

I second that.

Adler

3. Adler17

@ Eichman: Did you consider to rename yourself?

Adler

4. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Yeah, for real... I'm proud of my German heritage and all, but that particular bit of German history ain't nothing to be proud of. :(

5. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Colour rules, so I voted for No. 3. But why not to include all 4 titlescreens, so each civer can take the one he likes best? :)

6. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

7. El Justo

El Justo Deity

hey! look who's back!! and i second that :) i just wanted to see what the masses like...thanks for voting everyone :cool:

8. Adler17

Indeed! Nothing to add. So if your name isn't Eichman, you should switch this name at once!

Adler

9. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

10. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

I like 3 the best...even if pictures were black and white back then, they did have color back then. 3 reminds me of the old post stamps from that era, personally my favorite pic for the time period.

11. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Enough mit der namen sturm und drang.