Age of Wonders 3

Red Key

Modder
Triumph Studios is making another Age of Wonders game!

Overlord dev bringing Age of Wonders back this year

Triumph is targeting an autumn 2013 release for Age of Wonders 3 on PC, but won't force it if it's not ready...

It's not a Kickstarter project - work began in 2010 before the Kickstarter boom - and it doesn't have a new-age business model. Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that's appropriate...

Also more info is available here at the official page.

I still occasionally play the original AoW and AoW: Shadow Magic. IMO they are the best "fantasy strategy" games (I haven't played Master of Magic). I hope this turns out good!

Link to video.

Looks awesome!

Please let it not have the Steam demandment. ;)

Sweet! I really liked Shadow Magic, even if I spent most of my time in the map editor because it made awesome maps and I had no idea how to play and sucked at the actual game. Also the narrations for the missions is very memorable.

Looks awesome!

will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that's appropriate...

It is good that it is being sold in multiple places, especially GOG. However, I don't want to have to have Steam to install it, though. Like EU4. :sad:

Yes please! I got Age of Wonders 10 years ago and for some reasons no matter what games I play over the years I always come back to it. Even today there are still players and mods active. I hope AoW3 will be great.

Hopefully AoW3 > HOMM6

So I was away for a day or two. I come back to All Other Games...

I just opened four (4!) threads in a row where within a couple of new posts I read you complaining about Steam. After so many years of this stuff, there's nothing you will say that people won't have heard before, so if you want to gargle with more Steam complaining you might as well open the Steam is Evil thread and keep it there.

So I was away for a day or two. I come back to All Other Games...

I just opened four (4!) threads in a row where within a couple of new posts I read you complaining about Steam. After so many years of this stuff, there's nothing you will say that people won't have heard before, so if you want to gargle with more Steam complaining you might as well open the Steam is Evil thread and keep it there.

Meh. As long as I am not breaking forum rules, I have a right to post as I like. It's a topical issue since Paradox has unwisely decided to have a Steam demandment henceforth.

Just because you don't agree with someone is no reason to tell them not to post or to try to tell them where to post.

It wouldn't be so bad if your posts contributed and furthered the discussions, but most of them haven't. Also demandment isn't a real word, nor is a discussion about Steam relevant to this thread.

On topic, does anyone have any tips for playing Shadow Magic's campaign? Specifically unit composition. It took me way longer than it should have to get through Norwood (kept having to chase down small enemy forces running around capping all of my towers and mines, and those knights are a huge PITA to fight with most of my units). Having a cap of 8 units isn't helping when even two heavy infantry or cavalry can easily defeat 8 lighter units.

It wouldn't be so bad if your posts contributed and furthered the discussions, but most of them haven't. Also demandment isn't a real word, nor is a discussion about Steam relevant to this thread.

It most certainly is relevant. It will determine whether myself or other people will buy it or not. It's important information.

Anyway, the question was answered (by you, so thanks :)) and now I won't talk about Steam in this thread anymore. Not a big deal. *Shrug*

As for demandment, sorry if I offended the language police. ;)

Meh. As long as I am not breaking forum rules, I have a right to post as I like. Just because you don't agree with someone is no reason to tell them not to post or to try to tell them where to post.

Just saying how I feel about the old rhetoric. How many more eye movements will I have to waste on the topic before I realize I must glaze over to the next post to avoid it, that is yet to be seen. But yes, you're totally free to keep being that guy.

On topic, does anyone have any tips for playing Shadow Magic's campaign? Specifically unit composition. It took me way longer than it should have to get through Norwood (kept having to chase down small enemy forces running around capping all of my towers and mines, and those knights are a huge PITA to fight with most of my units). Having a cap of 8 units isn't helping when even two heavy infantry or cavalry can easily defeat 8 lighter units.

game takes long time. Just enjoy the story. :) What I usually do early game is get Barracks and War Hall up ASAP. Scout is good for explore the map and get goodies so your campaign is sped up.

Yeah I've been doing that, but they still somehow keep slipping past some areas and for some reason the blacked out unexplored regions in some areas keep becoming unexplored after I explore them (at least on the first map, and usually when I lost some outlying cap-able thing). Its hard ot reinforce a city when your reinforcements cant reach it in time or are wiped out by the same two heavy orc infantrymen who then go and two-handedly wipe out your entire garrison. I patched the game up to 1.3 and also got the 1.4 unofficial patch off of the AoW2 Heaven website because it was the only working link that included the 1.3 patch that I found quickly, but some units just seem freaking OP. I hope in AoW3 they change unit sizes/allowances so you can more easily mob an elite unit to death :p

and for some reason the blacked out unexplored regions in some areas keep becoming unexplored after I explore them (at least on the first map, and usually when I lost some outlying cap-able thing).

There's a global enchantment that causes that. You could try using disjunction to get rid of it.

That makes sense, it was happening in the same regions and they were under enemy control.

EDIT: I absolutely hate the Orcish Glutton beast, seriously OP and they have lots of them. On the second scenario. On the easiest difficulty.

Steam is one of the most useful services ever presented for gamers. People that do not like Steam have serious problems.

Top Bottom