Votes: 104 13.2%
  • I'm disappointed with ciV and i'm between 45-60 years old

Votes: 21 2.7%
  • I'm disappointed with ciV and i'm over 60 years old

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters

mike_cf

Chieftain
As the battle between those like ciV and those who don't like it rages on, I wonder one little thing: What's the average age of the ciV' fans/critics?

Also how long did you play civ (the franchise) for?

I'm playing it since 1995 so, for 15 years now.

I've thought the same thing.....

This should be combiend wit hthe "what Civ did yo ustart out with" poll somehow, as they are companion pieces.

The trend will most likely be for most older players who've played Civ longer to be more disappointed (won't be true across the board, of course...but it will almost certainly be the trend)

23 here (tempus fugit, indeed). Started with CivII (somewhen around '97), so I've played ~13 years. Like Civ5 a lot - not perfect (I have a couple of minor issues with it), but pretty darn good. Almost on par with Civ4 + BtS + mods, definitely better than Civ4 vanilla.

Cheers, LT.

Im not voting for the simple fact you cant make a realistic judgement of the game yet.
People that say it sucks and people that say its the best civ game ever are both jumping the rope.
Lets get this vote in a month from now rather.
What really matters is if the replayability is there.

btw im 30 and have played every civ game from civ 1 to now civ 5.

None below 18 :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:
Oh wait, there are two...and I apparantly misclicked that option. I'm 26. Played since original Civ, I was really young then but I was completely bewitched by the game.

I think more people enjoy civ5 than those who don't.

the poll should be,

"I Dislike Civ5, I wanted a civ4 remake"

and

"I like Civ5, I wanted something that progressed the series and new."

That is the difference between those who like and don't like.

Can you imagine how slated and a failure civ5 would ahve been if it was a remake of civ4 like the minority of players keep banging on about??!?!?

I would have uninstalled by now i think.

I'm as old and cantankerous as I look!

I think the contrast should be between "delighted" and "disappointed" with the qualification "CiV as released."

Of course I will be delighted with the game 3 years from now with the patches, DLCs, and Expansion Packs! Do I look stupid? (don't answer that).

As for those of you who are not disappointed at the present time, I can only presume you are looking at the good and ignoring the bugs and game play issues, while (like me) dreaming of what the game will be much farther down the road. Either that or you really get off on defective products.

So what does this poll really mean anyway? Good age survey maybe.

25, started with civnet around 1993. I like V, even though it's really buggy still.

I'm 21 years and 9 months old. I started from Civ II in 1999 when I got it for free with some Finnish PC magazine. Civ V is a really awesome game and I love it very much.

Im not voting for the simple fact you cant make a realistic judgement of the game yet.
People that say it sucks and people that say its the best civ game ever are both jumping the rope.
Lets get this vote in a month from now rather.
What really matters is if the replayability is there.

btw im 30 and have played every civ game from civ 1 to now civ 5.

The poll isn't asking whether it's the best Civ ever. It's asking whether we like or dislike it. :p I think we've had enough time to judge that.

I'm 39, and Civ IV was my first one, less than a year ago. I love both versions, but pretty sure CiV will be my favorite after it's been patched up.

It should also be mentioned that "disappointed" doesn't mean "I don't like it".

I like the game and think it's a lot of fun.....doesn't mean I'm not still a little disappointed (and voted accordingly).

26 (in a week) Started with Civ III, I like the game, except I wish the AI was smarter when it came to war, I keep uping the difficulty and they still dont seem to be able to defend themselves. But I like it on the whole.

30, and in a category you didn't considered, "this game has potential, but oh boy , has so much to fix :run: " :lol: So i didn't voted, because I am neither happy or disapointed with the game.

38, also playing since Civ1, and enjoying Civ5. Needs fixes and a better AI, but nevertheless already a great game. Civ4 and Civ3 also had issues when they were first released.

I'm 29 years old and started playing Civilization II back in my high school days... I was in grade 10, so I would have been like 16 years old! Wow, I've played civilization for more than a decade... Wow... thanks Sid Meir, I could have been out chasing girls, making money, helping old people cross the street... errr... nah, I'd rather play civ. hehe. :)

I think more people enjoy civ5 than those who don't.

the poll should be,

"I Dislike Civ5, I wanted a civ4 remake"

and

"I like Civ5, I wanted something that progressed the series and new."

That is the difference between those who like and don't like.

I find your black and white attitude juvenille.

"If you wanted change you wanted civ 5, if you don't like Civ 5 then you wanted a Civ4 with different graphics."

Sure there is a lot of "sky is falling" negativity but equally I see too many people like this guy dump on ANYONE who expresses disatisfaction with Civ5 as "can't handle change."

Not everyone enjoys Civ for the same reason and positive changes to some will be negative changes to others. That doesn't mean they don't want change at all - merely they don't agree with you what changes would make the game more enjoyable for them.

If you're enjoying Civ5 now then I'm happy for you - but don't dump on people for letting Firaxis know why they're not having fun - civilization has always been a great series because of the extraordinary freedom it gives people to "play the game their way" but how can Firaxis maintain that tradition if they're not prepared to at least listen to people whose "way" is not well catered to by the current rules?

And for the record I hated religion and espionage as implemented in Civ4 and think 1UPT and hexes are brilliant additions to the game, but no, I am NOT enjoying Civ5.

I'm 28 and I'm disappointed by Civ 5. I guess it has potential, but for everyone saying we all wanted Civ 4.5, just because Civ 5 is different doesn't automatically mean it's better.

I'm going to put it "back in the box" for a while until either the developers fix it or the modders fix it.

I started with Civ 3.

Top Bottom