Votes: 124 15.8%
  • I'm disappointed with ciV and i'm between 30-45 years old

Votes: 104 13.2%
  • I'm disappointed with ciV and i'm between 45-60 years old

Votes: 21 2.7%
  • I'm disappointed with ciV and i'm over 60 years old

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
37 and started with Civ I all those years ago. I like Civ 5, but I can see stuff that should be patched - but that was the case with Civ4 as well, so I'm not worried.

30, started with Civ 2. Game has a ways to go before it reaches it's full potential but loving it so far. Greatly pleased with no more stacks of doom. I hated that style of play. Also like that you no longer have to sprawl as much. The expand to every corner of the Earth tactic I was never a fan of either.

Lemme see...

I'm 21, started out with Civ II (I was 6 at the time), and I'm loving Civ V. Mechanically, I think it's the best Civ game by a large margin. Then again, I'm odd in that I thought Civ III was better than Civ IV.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

25 and in love with CIV V

I am 32 and like Civ 5 so far.

However, my comment is that I think that the only thing this poll is going to show is: like Civ 5 or don't like Civ 5, most Civ 5 players who have accounts on CivFanatics are between 18-30.

I agree that if we could really poll a true random sample of Civ 5 players I bet we would find that "older" players have more problems with it than younger ones, but I doubt we will have good enough data to show that here unfortunately.

I'm 35 and started with Civ 1 back in... uh.. *laboriously counts fingers* 1992, I think? So wow, almost 20 years of Civ. :cool:

I like Civ V a lot. It's not perfect, no. Sure there are some bugs to fix, like any other software release. It's playable, though, and a ton of fun for me. It's not broken and it wasn't released too early just so Firaxis could get their hands on our cash like so many of the haters think. There's a difference between "I'm disappointed because this release isn't what I expected" and "this product is broken." Unfortunately a lot of the people who feel the former will say the latter, as it justifies and validates their opinions... even though "I don't like this game" is perfectly valid on its own.

(Btw, there's no 'battle' between the people who like Civ V and those who don't. It's just opinions.)

I'm 32, and I've been Civin' since the first one. Overall I really like Civ 5 and it's a step in the right direction for the series. It still needs a few things in patches / expansions to beat Civ 4 - BTS though.

I got into civ when like 2-3 years ago, but funny enough with civilization II not IV. :p
It was on an old iMac my dad had, and then I installed civ3 on there and got into civ4.
I like civ5 better than the others, but there are definitely some things that need to be polished and added. :)

24 and I like it a lot, definitely some issues, but considering it's just getting off the ground i'm looking forward to what the future holds for this great game.

24 years old
Played a bit of Civ II
Played a ton of Civ IV

Really enjoying Civ V, it's definitely my preferred version due to the dramatically improved combat mechanics.

up to now, 72% like civ5.

Just shows you how many on the forum make the game look bad and hoe small a minority they are.

I'm 26, and have played all the civs since Civ1. I'm slightly disappointed with Civ5, but I believe many of the omissions will eventually be patched/modded, so I'm optimistic. The overall platform is very promising, but the game itself is very raw.

Can I say, I don't know what magic this poll as cast on the forums, but it seems to have brought out the rational, objective side in all of the posters. Or maybe it just weeded out the idiots. Very interesting to see that almost down the line, people have a reasonable view of the game.

I share it. I'm 29, Civ 1 was my first...and I'm finding, despite the bugs, that Civ 5 is the best Civ experience I've had since discovering the series as a kid.

I'm part of the clone army. :p

I'm enjoying the game.
Most people that don't like it, obviously it's because of it's learning curve, it takes time to truly understand the game, mechanics, and economics.

38. Started with Civ I. Loved Civ II and Civ IV BTS. Hardcore gamer. A bit disappointed by Civ V.

Nice new features but too many regressions (UI, speed, features, epic).
Could be great in the future (add-ons, mods) but isn't great yet.
The stuff looks very poor. Too much warfare. Poor civil way. Less fun.

Good :
- hex, 1upt, warfare (no more SoD)
- city self-defense (no more Quechua rush)
- city expansion and 3-hex range
- strategic view
- roads

Worse than Civ IV BTS :
- slow on my fast computer
- GP actions (will you ever build this ugly Academy ?)
- wonders (less and less fun, +20% hammers in the city, oh great...)
- resources (less, all the same, no health, no wonder boost)
- tile's improvement (less, the horrible trade post instead of the dynamic cottage)
- no religion, no espionage, no companies, no vassal, no city flip, etc. (less, less, less)
- ugly diplomatic screen and hidden numbers
- UI (less options, less shortcuts)
- AI

Interesting, but :
- city-states (nice basis but need improvement)

Top Bottom